Deleted

Question for you guys.

I recently came across a video of FFXIV and I finally decided to give it a shot after hearing some good things about it however, I can't buy direct download from Amazon which means I'd have to wait a few days and I'm incredibly impatient but I found a website called Square enix . com that sells it for direct download, although I don't know if a free month is provided from Square enix, anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to buy a hardcopy, like I said I'm very impatient Is it on steam? I don't have a steam account so i can't check.

Thanks!

So Square Enix are the creators of the final fantasy series. I don't know if they still own the franchise, but if they do I'm sure buying from them is fine.

SquareEnix created and runs the game. You have to make an account through them anyway.

Just to be sure; this is the US site http://na.square-enix.com/us/home ... since you didn't provide an actual link and you didn't put the '-' in there.

The game is fun, take your time, enjoy it. Takes a bit of adjustment; but their 2nd coil of bahumut fights are pretty intense, I know someone whose group broke up recently from 1st coil turn 5. So, the game is good for fun play and intense play. It looks amazing; seriously, some zones, especially at night, have a real O.O factor to the atmosphere they created.

Have fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    SquareEnix created and runs the game. You have to make an account through them anyway.

Just to be sure; this is the US site http://na.square-enix.com/us/home ... since you didn't provide an actual link and you didn't put the '-' in there.

The game is fun, take your time, enjoy it. Takes a bit of adjustment; but their 2nd coil of bahumut fights are pretty intense, I know someone whose group broke up recently from 1st coil turn 5. So, the game is good for fun play and intense play. It looks amazing; seriously, some zones, especially at night, have a real O.O factor to the atmosphere they created.

Have fun.
    I bought it, currently level 4 and it seems fun, however there are certain things I don't understand for example, sometimes a random letter appears next to a mobs health bar, can't figure out why

Edit: and you're right it does look really gorgeous.
    Last edited by mmocd7a9cae4d7; 2014-05-08 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroox View Post
    I bought it, currently level 4 and it seems fun, however there are certain things I don't understand for example, sometimes a random letter appears next to a mobs health bar, can't figure out why
    It's just to differentiate between mobs. If you're fighting three identical goblins, one is A, one is B, one is C. It does not mean anything other than a way to keep track of individual enemies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    It's just to differentiate between mobs. If you're fighting three identical goblins, one is A, one is B, one is C. It does not mean anything other than a way to keep track of individual enemies.

Oh thanks, people don't really seem to respond when I ask them in-game so I figured I'd ask here while I'm at it I might as well ask, what is Limit Gauge?

Also is there no General or Trade chat?
    Last edited by mmocd7a9cae4d7; 2014-05-08 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroox View Post
    Oh thanks, people don't really seem to respond when I ask them in-game so I figured I'd ask here while I'm at it I might as well ask, what is Limit Gauge?
    If you go to your abilities, in the General Tab there is an ability called Limit Break. It's orange and I think has a couple of crossed swords on it. When the Limit Gauge (the 1-3 bubbles in the top left) fills up, you can activate your Limit Break for a large effect. The effect depends on role. Tanks do damage reduction for the group, healers and bards do a big heal/res, ranged dps do an AoE attack, melee dps do a single target attack.

Limit Break is a group ability though. It only builds when you are in a group, and the group shares the Limit Gauge. So only one person in the group can use her Limit Break. The power of the Limit Break depends on the item level of the entire group and how many bubbles in the gauge were filled. LB3 is more powerful than LB2, etc.

Usually it's the melee dps who gets to Limit Break to finish off bosses, but sometimes different fights call for a different class. LB as a melee dps is pretty awesome though, the high point of playing those classes, in my opinion.

Also is there no General or Trade chat?
    Shout is zone or general chat. There is no trade chat. You can join multiple "linkshells" which function as chat groups. Zone chat tends to be pretty quiet, most people talk in linkshells or Free Company (guild) chat.

For trading to other players, you need a "Retainer" to sell stuff on the markets. Just follow the storyline and you'll get one at about level 20 or so.
    Last edited by RohanV; 2014-05-08 at 09:34 PM.