10+ Year Old Account

Need relationship help.

So to put things simply My ex broke things off with me 3 weeks ago. So we talked for about a week and a half about us after that then i ignored her for a week and she hated that and now she wants me back. She claims that she made a huge mistake and that she loves me still and wants the chance to have me back.
    My problem is that i don't want to get back together but im so afraid of telling her no and i dont know why. I love her still and i originally did tell her no and she cried and tweeted me non stop until i said yes because i just felt so bad for her and then i went over to her house and realized it was a huge mistake and told her after i left i don't know if i want to do this cuz it just feels wrong. I just want to be single, not to sleep with other women or see any other woman for that matter, i just want me time and i get super bad anxiety if i don't have me time. i just don't want to go through the pain of telling her to get out of my life, because i care about her so much.
    What do i do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bite the bullet and tell her you don't want to persist in it. It's really that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Bite the bullet and tell her you don't want to persist in it. It's really that simple.
    why am i so weak willed why can i not bring myself to do it, im like afraid she'll just be so hurt that she'll die

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what you have to do, and everyone here is most likely going to tell you the same. Gotta man up and tell her it's over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilicity View Post
    why am i so weak willed why can i not bring myself to do it, im like afraid she'll just be so hurt that she'll die
    You're hurting yourself and her more in the long run by remaining in a relationship you don't really want to be in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about you man up and stop being so anti-social. This girl loves you and gave you a chance, and without knowing the full story, sounds like you are treating her like crap. So if you need some me-time, put on your big boy pants and tell her that you need some personal time. Otherwise, she will move on to the next guy without looking back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take your balls out of your purse man.
    (don't shoot me mods, not intended as an insult
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

I'll get infracted, but it needs to be said: Grow a pair ffs.

why am i so weak willed why can i not bring myself to do it,
    It's hard. It's always hard. That doesn't make you weak-willed, it means you're not a sociopathic shit.

im like afraid she'll just be so hurt that she'll die
    She'll be fine. I understand the trepidation, but this is really more of an ego thing than a reflection of reality.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    She broke things off with you in the first place, so she can't be all that bad off, nor will she be if you tell her you don't want to get back together.

Give it a bit of time, and just tell her.

Or you could just move 1000 miles away and not tell her where you went.

dude, you have like the perfect setup for /winning. first, you tell her that when she broke up with you, it "hurt" you deeeeeply. that you'll need some time to "heal". you "think" you want to get back with her, but just aren't sure. you feel "we should take things slow".

gratz, you now own her psychologically. do as you see fit: friends with benefits, fallback girl, bored on a monday night...etc. /winning
    Last edited by rnbwtrout; 2014-05-09 at 09:47 PM.

If someone leaves you for someone else, and then decides she wants you back, it sounds like she's really just using you until she finds the next one.

Don't feel bad, just tell her no. You don't have to worry. If you really think she will be suicidal or something, I would call the cops.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

If you love her talk to her and explain that you need your me time. Is she too clingy? What do you mean by "me time"? Maybe you can have your "me time" and still be with the person you love. Explain to her what you need and tell her those are the conditions for being with you, if she can handle it then it might work, if she cant then tell her its over. Communication in any relationship is key, stop tip toeing around a big issue and TALK.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hit it one more time then bounce.
    You cared enough to post.

TBH, IDK if you are in the right place for that kind of advice bro. People here tend to be a litte... harsh.

pic?

Post pics please. kthxbai

This is not where I'd come for relationship help. From what I've seen in the past, you won't catch much good advice from people who are actually successful at relationships, but you'll get flamed by a lot of trolls.

I don't claim to be good at relationships myself, but I'd say that you need to tell her you need a break. I mean, don't leave her hanging or anything, but explain that there were a lot of issues in the relationship and you both need (or she needs, whatever) to work her/your shit out. The fact that she originally felt the need to break up and you're feeling that now is indicative that *something* isn't right, she can't really deny that. Give it a few months, hang out minimally or not at all, and then come back and address it or realize that there's nothing to address and you're both happier apart.

If you think that you may have a future with her and just want some " me " time for a while, you could just talk to her and tell her that you need some time apart and I think some alone time is the best way to realize if you want her back or not. On the other hand, If you want to bring up with her forever then I suggest you do the same and talk to her about your problems and why you are breaking up with her over coffee or something else. Honesty goes a long way, just try to be honest why you want to be away from her and I am sure she will realize because if she truly loves you, she will want the best for you which is what you think is best for yourself.