10+ Year Old Account

+1 on posts you like or find useful

TL;DR; Can we get a feature were users are allowed to "+1" or "like!" other poster's comments? There's been plenty of times where a simple +1 would have been enough to show my support to a persons comment instead of having to actually reply to it.

A +1 system could actually provide a new way to read threads (sort by all-time highest rated) so that posts who actually are important or have valuable information have a place on the first few pages instead of being buried somewhere in between all the off-topic posts or personal discussions that take place. Another thing is, instead of providing just a measure to sort by "all-time highest rated", one should be able to sort on "recently highest rated" as well. This is exceptionally awesome for beta-threads for example. Where all-time would provide answers to the most frequently asked questions, urls to launchers/sites and so on, the recently highest would give you an overview of current beta issues, downtime, new features or whatever else that may be occurring recently.

In addition to this, I also support the idea of having the MMO-C community write more informative and useful posts. So in addition to seeing how many +1's you got on a post for epeen, there should be a section below your title which display a graphic progression images according to the cumulative amount of +1's you've gotten. For example you can achieve a maximum of 7 crimson red star ranks, where colors represent the rank and the stars the amount you've accumulated. In addition to showing a graphic indicator, a prefix associated with your rank is shown before your current post title. Here's an example I've put together:

Personally I believe that due to the visual effects people become more motivated to create good posts and cut down on the trolling. It won't eradicate trolling of course but I do believe that people would think about writing a constructive post more often because of the goodies it holds. It also provides neat new way of reading threads and a new way to find important information. In addition, you can also see who is an informative poster and who isn't. Is it the poster with 4k+ posts and a colorless 1 star rating or is it the silver 3-star poster with 250 posts? In that way it can also provide you with a good sense to know whether or not is flamebaiting you or actually trying to discuss with you.

However I do not believe in a -1 feature because it would likely just increase the effectiveness of trolling and cancel out the effect of +1.

It actually became a bit longer than I anticipated, but thanks for reading! =)

Q: Can you add like/dislike buttons to the forums?
    A: It's possible that this might be added in the future. The biggest problem regarding this suggestion is simply how large the site is, and trying to find a way to make it work for us. There's no sort of ETA on it happening. (Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.)

Even if a system like that was put in they really have to put in down votes too. Which opens up the pandoras box of the forums moderating themselves. Though would be nice to see some stuff not sit on the front page for days because the OP bumps it for a few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsure if that'll support the overall of the forum.

Could be a neat feature but could end up promoting the wrong commenting as well, some seem to comment wise +1 on non-constructive or trollish comments.

Though, a favourite list for topics could be interesting.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..