10+ Year Old Account

Question Is this a good pre-made gaming PC?

Hello all, I was wondering if this pc is decent for playing high-end games on great or max settings, I am aware I can make a pc -- I just rather buy one pre-made. Thanks

Brand
    CyberpowerPC
    Series
    Zeus Mini A200
    Model
    ZMA200
    Type
    Gaming & Entertainment
    Usage
    Consumer
    Processor
    AMD A6-6400K 3.9GHz
    Processor Main Features
    64 bit Dual Core Processor
    4.1GHz Turbo
    Cache Per Processor
    1MB L2 Cache
    Memory
    8GB DDR3
    Hard Drive
    1TB 7200RPM SATA III
    Optical Drive 1
    24x DVD+/-R/+/-RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE
    Graphics
    AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB
    Audio
    7.1 Ch Audio
    Ethernet
    Gigabit Ethernet
    Wireless Card
    802.11 a/b/g/n/ac up to 867 Mbps data rate dual band 2.4/5 GHz
    Power Supply
    350W
    Keyboard
    USB Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse
    USB Gaming Mouse
    Operating System
    Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Special Features
    CyberpowerPC Zeus Mini Red Gaming Case

Motherboard
    Chipset
    AMD A88X

CPU
    CPU Type
    A6-Series APU
    CPU Speed
    A6-6400K (3.90GHz)
    L2 Cache Per CPU
    1MB
    CPU Socket Type
    FM2
    CPU Main Features
    64 bit Dual Core Processor
    4.1GHz Turbo

Graphics
    GPU/VGA Type
    AMD Radeon R7 240
    Graphics Interface
    PCI Express

Memory
    Memory Capacity
    8GB DDR3
    Memory Spec
    4GB x 2
    Memory Slot (Total)
    Memory Slot (Available)
    Memory Slots (Available/Total)
    0/2
    Maximum Memory Supported
    16GB

Hard Drive
    HDD Capacity
    1TB
    HDD Interface
    SATA III
    HDD RPM
    7200rpm

Optical Drive
    Optical Drive Type
    24x DVD+/-R/+/-RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE

Communications
    LAN Speed
    10/100/1000Mbps
    WLAN
    802.11 a/b/g/n/ac up to 867 Mbps data rate dual band 2.4/5 GHz
    Bluetooth
    Bluetooth 4.0, 3.0+HS, 2.1+EDR

Back Panel Ports
    PS/2
    Video Ports
    1 VGA, 1 DVI, 1 HDMI
    Rear USB
    4 x USB 3.0
    4 x USB 2.0

Expansion
    PCI Slots (Available/Total)
    1 x PCI-e 16x (Not available )
    1 x mini-PCI (Not available )

Mouse
    Mouse Type
    USB Mouse

Keyboard
    Keyboard Type
    USB Keyboard

Direct link - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229535
    I'm interested in playing games like Final Fantasy online, TERA, Witcher series, etc

I can't be arsed to go into details but... no. I am sure someone here will further explain why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely change the Motherboard, Processor, Graphics card, and power supply. IE pick another computer lol.

Since no one else has replied:

Yes, it will play WoW.
    It will mostly likely play other games.

I would start looking at other options if this is listed at anything over $1000 (not including peripherals).

**Wow! I did not even notice the power supply. A sure fire way to make sure you have horrible performance and possible hardware issues is to skimp on the power supply. An average gaming power supply is around 500-600w in a basic gaming machine. This one doesn't look like it would even support the card that is listed, If you ever wanted to upgrade you would be screwed. Also, a power supply is not all that expensive (normally $60-$100 for a decent one).
    Last edited by Daez; 2014-05-10 at 04:35 PM.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Don't buy pre-made. Literally no reason to do it.
    If you're scared/don't know how to assemble a computer, order your stuff from a nearby store and the guys there will assemble the parts you order for free probably.
    You won't get the best deal for each component that way, but it will still beat pre-made configuration in every way.

What's your budget? For $700 you can make your own that's better.

10+ Year Old Account
    My budget is defiantly $700, maybe bleeding into 800?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Don't buy pre-made. Literally no reason to do it.
    If you're scared/don't know how to assemble a computer, order your stuff from a nearby store and the guys there will assemble the parts you order for free probably.
    You won't get the best deal for each component that way, but it will still beat pre-made configuration in every way.
    I'm not sure where to start with this comment. I don't think you will ever find a "nearby computer store" that has free assembly. I would guess that most people don't even have a "nearby computer store" other than Best Buy which doesn't sell any computer hardware for anywhere near the price you would ever desire to pay for it. If you want a decent deal you need to buy online (either assembled or in parts to assemble yourself). Not everyone feels like assembling their own computer (even if it has gotten easier you are still looking at $1000 or more in parts that you have no real clue where to put where). You are better off buying online from a reputable company if you are one of those people.

http://www.ibuypower.com/
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

In both cases, buy directly from their website, do your research, watch for deals, and choose your own options on their website while paying them to assemble it. Often, if you watch specials and deals you can end up with a decent machine that is actually very close in price or cheaper than what you can create a custom for. The only way those companies can make a profit is to buy in bulk and make bulk sales. For that reason, they attempt to avoid pissing off a consumer.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Micro Center)
    Memory: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($96.00 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($144.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case ($47.06 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $797.98
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-10 12:50 EDT-0400)

Just shy of 800 bucks, includes overclocking capability for future-resistant potential, and is much, much stronger than the APU+R7-240 setup in the pre-built.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    I'm not sure where to start with this comment. etc
    I'm speaking from my own experience, but i'm not from the USA tho.
    I've bought 2 computers the way I suggested, and the conversation (both time) was - Me: "you'll assemble that for me right?" Employee: "Yes ofc mate, np"
    One month ago, i bought my third brand new computer, i ordered parts online this time (using price tracker website for my country) and instead 880$ that i would paid in the closest city store i paid 800$.
    Therefore, i don't see a problem with my comment, but maybe things are different in the place you live.

Deleted
    In my experience i've preferred Intel products over AMD products like the g-card, motherboard and processor you listed. I built my own pc a few months back with a bundle from overclockers. I'm not sure how they prices match up to you guys in the US but something like this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...12&subcat=2513 is ample for your needs.