Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    Illana makes every pvp thread so interesting. idk if its him or the people who jump in and bash him or his responses to the people who bash him but its entertaining nevertheless.
    The Troll to end all Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetzgaming View Post
    Shaman for healing stream totem lol

Monk if you suck at being trained
    This for the love of god. My shams healing stream ticks ON TWO PEOPLE for what my holy shock heals for on my pally. I fucking WISH I joking but im not.

Anything below 2k (I assume OP will be around there at best) no one kills healing stream it seems like and that will literally be 50% of my total healing, thats why shams are easiest by a long shot right now. Druids are difficult because they are the easiest to switch too, require cc as part of their healing since their heals aren't on par with others, and use mobility and positioning to prevent cc not loltremor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Then what are you going by? Shaman is definitely the most versatile and top healer I'm not disputing that, but that also doesn't mean it's the easiest class to learn.

It has the least mobility.
    It has to cast the most.
    It's a much more pre-emptive than reactive, healing style.
    It relies on its utility (totems) more than other classes.
    It relies on its teammates for survival more than other classes.
    It has ranged utility because it's so susceptible to cleaves.

When you take these into account, of course it's going to be a harder class to play when someone who's new to the game (or class) is trying to play it.

All classes have a similar skill cap, but the skill floor is stupidly obvious.
    least mobility doesn't make it hard
    paladins have to cast the most
    so what? Most would argue that's easier than targeting and healing and risk getting interrupted
    like every other class?
    don't even know what that means.

every class does not have a similar skill cap at all, that's complete bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never played mistweaver, but out of shaman, druid, holy priest, holy paladin and disc, I find disc to be the hardest to play in the current game (but also the most rewarding), holy to be the easiest to pick up and do well with (I've had games that I won were I didn't have to hard cast a single spell), resto druid is incredibly fun due to cyclone and displacer beast, and shaman the most boring and frustrating (vs casters it feels like the easiest healer, vs melee it feels like it's the hardest).

All healers are easy to learn to play but horribly hard to master
    I would say easiest is disc priest and hardest is holy priest

NVM, didn't read, I have no idea PvP wise, that was for PvE (Iv'e raided with all healers sans mistweaver monk but I have one at 90)
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2014-05-14 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted
    Warrior is the best choice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    least mobility doesn't make it hard
    paladins have to cast the most
    so what? Most would argue that's easier than targeting and healing and risk getting interrupted
    like every other class?
    don't even know what that means.

every class does not have a similar skill cap at all, that's complete bullshit.
    It's not bullshit at all, a 2200 player should be assumed to be able to pick up any class and know most of what they're doing. It's on the other end of the spectrum for new players, where it may be near impossible to play one class until you've tried others. Back in Wrath, plenty of people didn't even touch Feral until they knew what they were doing on a Rogue. While that example is two expansions ago, the rule can still apply.

Having the least mobility makes it extremely hard when your hard-counter is melee.

Then tell me why none of their [Shaman] abilities gained cast times (like the others did) in the 'Instant Cast Heals' section of the Warlords of Draenor blog post. Celestalon stated himself that they had more to cast than the other healers.

When you lack the mobility, your reliance on others increases. Look at Death Knights, they play much better with classes that have a lot of crowd control, so that they're able to have more up time. This can work in the opposite way for healers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xiandra View Post
    Warrior is the best choice
    Okay, you win.

Having the least mobility makes it extremely hard when your hard-counter is melee.

Then tell me why none of their [Shaman] abilities gained cast times (like the others did) in the 'Instant Cast Heals' section of the Warlords of Draenor blog post. Celestalon stated himself that they had more to cast than the other healers.

When you lack the mobility, your reliance on others increases. Look at Death Knights, they play much better with classes that have a lot of crowd control, so that they're able to have more up time. This can work in the opposite way for healers.
    Melee tunnels shaman. Mage+spriest kills one of the melee in under 10 seconds. Collect points. None of the melee I play with can get anywhere near an rsham unless its a switch during spirit link or something. Staying on him for more than 10 seconds is bad news. Casters are just too powerful to not be on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Melee tunnels shaman. Mage+spriest kills one of the melee in under 10 seconds. Collect points. None of the melee I play with can get anywhere near an rsham unless its a switch during spirit link or something. Staying on him for more than 10 seconds is bad news. Casters are just too powerful to not be on.
    You pretty much just reinforced my argument. Even if they're more of a threat than the Shaman, that's indirect reliance on those casters for the healer to play with.

It's not bullshit at all, a 2200 player should be assumed to be able to pick up any class and know most of what they're doing. It's on the other end of the spectrum for new players, where it may be near impossible to play one class until you've tried others. Back in Wrath, plenty of people didn't even touch Feral until they knew what they were doing on a Rogue. While that example is two expansions ago, the rule can still apply.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, you win.
    you don't understand what skill cap means do you

- - - Updated - - -

You pretty much just reinforced my argument. Even if they're more of a threat than the Shaman, that's indirect reliance on those casters for the healer to play with.
    that's why it's THREE VS THREE, not shaman vs the world.

PvE: hands down resto shamman, PvP: really it will take a lot of work to learn the ins and outs of your class, i prefer Disc Priest, thats always been my main and is by no means the easiest but i love shielding and penance on the move is really nice. Id say a druid has a lot of survival tools to use as a PvP healer though. Learning to PvP heal is more about learning all the facets of a class than it is just healing spells. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    you don't understand what skill cap means do you

- - - Updated - - -

that's why it's THREE VS THREE, not shaman vs the world.

What a class can do at a maximum level of play....
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-05-14 at 02:06 AM.

Honestly RSham is probably the best because it's by far the most forgiving. Instant 350k+ crit heals every 1.5mins, healing stream/tide heals while you're CC'd, Tremor to get out of Fear which is one of the biggest CC's in the game right now, and an overall good toolkit, a good oh shit button with Spirit Link, strong regen with Water Shield/Mana Tide, strong utility with freedom/grounding/root/stun/hex, Shamans are just overall very strong right now. Because of this it's also really forgiving for new players as well.

The second best would probably be Druid, another strong and versatile healer, but the issue with Druids is if you fall behind it can be very hard to catch up, which means that when you're learning you and your team will die a lot until you get really good at keeping up with and predicting damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    flaming inc here maybe, but anyway its kinda like warrior and rogue, both are rly good, but u can invest less time in a warrior and still get decent rating imo, the rogue just takes more skill to master, which is the case with druid vs shaman. Druid has a much bigger skillcap based on my own experience. Ive never played on glad level or anything near it, but i have played resto druid since tbc and shaman since cata and i just feel i have so much more stuff to do and think about as a druid which makes it more challenging and also more fun for me. But this is just my opinion, i bet some ppl feel same way about shamans...
    I troll on my druid under geared every season and get to at least 2k mmr. Had full res gems and no enchants once and beat a 2k team. I just don't get what makes druids hard....

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Honestly RSham is probably the best because it's by far the most forgiving. Instant 350k+ crit heals every 1.5mins, healing stream/tide heals while you're CC'd, Tremor to get out of Fear which is one of the biggest CC's in the game right now, and an overall good toolkit, a good oh shit button with Spirit Link, strong regen with Water Shield/Mana Tide, strong utility with freedom/grounding/root/stun/hex, Shamans are just overall very strong right now. Because of this it's also really forgiving for new players as well.

The second best would probably be Druid, another strong and versatile healer, but the issue with Druids is if you fall behind it can be very hard to catch up, which means that when you're learning you and your team will die a lot until you get really good at keeping up with and predicting damage.
    again this isn't a "what is the best" healer, the conversation is what healers mechanics are the easiest to learn and excel with.

In my opinion Holy Pally is pretty easy to learn for PVP. Get set bonus and face roll. Or Resto Shamans which is more of learning to kite.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Anything below 2k (I assume OP will be around there at best) no one kills healing stream
    Lmao what? I did ~40+ games this last week on my Rsham around 15-1600 MMR and roughly 1 of every 3 or 4 healer/DPS teams were killing my Hstream totems. Double DPS was less so, but often enough if it was a "long game" comp (Doomkin/Lock, Ele/Lock, Doomkin/War, ect). At this point in the season it's pretty damn well known how potent it is, you literally need to have not looked into PvP at all this season to not know it.

OT: As a personal opinion don't choose shaman if it's your first PvP healer. Melee teams are pretty common in 2s at mid-low ratings and I guarantee you'll get frustrated if it's your first healer. As most everyone else in this thread has said you'll need a lot of peels or a good chunk of time playing shaman before you know what you're comfortable tanking and what you need peeled, which honestly can be said of any healer but try getting away from a melee with a brain as sham without Windwalk totem or hex. There's a reason when you play (or you're playing with) melee and they see a shaman on the enemy team and unless they're playing with something squishier they can stay on (mage usually) they'll sit sham 90% of the match unless the sham's team-mate completely fucks up and leaves himself open to get stomped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure where monks are since I don't play one at max level, but I'd say probably paladin, even though I don't play one at max level either. I play priest and shaman and I know what druids are like and you probably want to steer clear of those, lol. Monk seems to have potential so I'd say pally. Less mobility, cc, slower pace, etc. At least that's my observation. But paladin's also have a few tricks up their sleeve as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    I troll on my druid under geared every season and get to at least 2k mmr. Had full res gems and no enchants once and beat a 2k team. I just don't get what makes druids hard....
    About a billion macros and binds. Classes that have a large toolkit like druids and hunters have a higher skill cap because they have more abilities that you can actually benefit from using. Most people just ignore them though and go for the main stuff. On my lowbie druid I, just in my wild charge macro, have the ability to target or mouseover a friendly player and automatically drop form and fly to them like an intervene, leap forward in travel form, bear charge, cat leap, bear charge and cat leap focus and then the moonkin and aquatic form ones if I need them. That's one ability, lol.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I'm not sure where monks are since I don't play one at max level, but I'd say probably paladin, even though I don't play one at max level either. I play priest and shaman and I know what druids are like and you probably want to steer clear of those, lol. Monk seems to have potential so I'd say pally. Less mobility, cc, slower pace, etc. At least that's my observation. But paladin's also have a few tricks up their sleeve as well.

- - - Updated - - -

About a billion macros and binds. Classes that have a large toolkit like druids and hunters have a higher skill cap because they have more abilities that you can actually benefit from using. Most people just ignore them though and go for the main stuff. On my lowbie druid I, just in my wild charge macro, have the ability to target or mouseover a friendly player and automatically drop form and fly to them like an intervene, leap forward in travel form, bear charge, cat leap, bear charge and cat leap focus and then the moonkin and aquatic form ones if I need them. That's one ability, lol.
    You should see the shit you're able to do as a Restoration Druid with NO gear in arena. Your sheer crowd control, utility and mobility is enough to carry you through the match without having to rely too much on gear. I've seen it done a few times, and it still makes me cry. I was able to do it on my Monk a couple of times, too. That shit ain't right. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    again this isn't a "what is the best" healer, the conversation is what healers mechanics are the easiest to learn and excel with.
    Yes, but the best healer is also the easiest to learn in this case. It's by far the most forgiving. I'm not just randomly spouting nonsense, I picked up RSham two months ago and I'm 2100 now in 3s, that wouldn't happen on any other healer, I'm sure of that.

RSham is *not* hard to play. The only hard times are when you get trained by people, but your teammates should be there to peel for you, and if your partners aren't terrible surviving even while being trained isn't that hard until you're out of cooldowns.

On any other healer you're going to eat CC nonstop, if you're new to healing you're going to be out of position, if you're out of position you're going to get CC'd, it's just that simple. Shamans are the most forgiving, because Tremor stops fear, and Link/NS are huge CDs to pick people up, plus healing stream/tide heal while you're CC'd. Shamans are very strong, but they're also easy to get high rated with. In the 2500+ range of course things change, but getting 2k on a Shaman is easier than getting 2k on any other healer, because at that rating you're going to make mistakes, and Shamans are the most forgiving.