[PC Parts] Need some advice on a new build

I've recently had the opportunity to experience a clean 60fps in a game from start to finish (as opposed to 20-35 average that I'm used to), and... well... I'm hooked.

Up until now, I haven't had much luck with the parts I've picked for my PCs, either because I had to cut corners due to a low budget, or the parts that I initially intended to get were not available, etc. Suffice to say, the synergy was absent, and I've always had a bottleneck somewhere.

Now I'll ask for advice from (hopefully) more knowledgeable people than myself before spending a bunch of money on parts that might not work together.

First off, here's the parts I intend to get. Not MUCH thought went into them, got the bulk of them from an (old) MMOC post:

RAM: Kingston HyperX BEAST 16GB (2x8GB), DDR3, 1866MHz, CL10, 1.5V, XMP
    CPU: Intel® CoreTM i5-4670K, 3.40GHz, Haswell, Socket 1150
    MoBo: Asus Z87-Deluxe Socket 1150
    PSU: Cooler Master V850, 850W, ATX 2.31
    GFX: Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 OC DirectCU II, 4096MB, GDDR5, 256bit

I already have a good cooler (a Noctua), peripherals, monitor, etc.; so the processing/power core is all I really need. Though I already have 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ram, I thought a slightly higher speed and well... more of them would be better, not really sure if it IS necessary though.

I'll purchase the parts from a website called emag.ro, mainly because it's reliable and the costs are pretty much the same as they would be - after shipping taxes and all that crap - if I were to buy from Amazon or similar.

So, if you kind people have any suggestions or changes that might fit better, please point them out from this list (filters on left side, I've filled in "acceptable" price ranges per part):

My budget is $2000 (rough estimate based on current exchange) or 7000 RON (currency on site).

Thank you in advance for any comments on this issue.

I'm assuming you are only using this PC for gaming since you didn't say otherwise. Is there a reason you need such a high wattage PSU? That build will only need 550ish watts unless you plan on SLI, even then the 850-1000 on your "acceptable" list are way overkill. Something like this would be a much more reasonable choice http://www.emag.ro/sursa-cooler-mast.../pd/D0RKJBBBM/

Also stick with the 8GB RAM you already have. Upgrading from 8GB at 1600 to 16GB at 1866 is not going to improve your gaming at all, or at least not enough to justify doing it. Other than that everything else looks fine.

If it was me, I would take the money saved from a cheaper PSU and not needing RAM and buy a GTX 780 or 780ti. Your CPU and GPU are going to be your biggest factors in how well your games run. The CPU in your build is great and will be so for a long time. It is also easy to overclock should you choose. The GPU is also awesome but there are better and that is where I would spend my money. A 780ti will max your games for quite a few years to come and you can always SLI it in the future. Even if you don't that 770 will max just about everything for a while as well!

Also if you can squeeze it in the price, get a SSD. At least 128GB. Add that and not only will your games look great, they will open and load nearly instantly!

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    I'm assuming you are only using this PC for gaming since you didn't say otherwise. Is there a reason you need such a high wattage PSU? That build will only need 550ish watts unless you plan on SLI, even then the 850-1000 on your "acceptable" list are way overkill. Something like this would be a much more reasonable choice http://www.emag.ro/sursa-cooler-mast.../pd/D0RKJBBBM/

Also stick with the 8GB RAM you already have. Upgrading from 8GB at 1600 to 16GB at 1866 is not going to improve your gaming at all, or at least not enough to justify doing it. Other than that everything else looks fine.

If it was me, I would take the money saved from a cheaper PSU and not needing RAM and buy a GTX 780 or 780ti. Your CPU and GPU are going to be your biggest factors in how well your games run. The CPU in your build is great and will be so for a long time. It is also easy to overclock should you choose. The GPU is also awesome but there are better and that is where I would spend my money. A 780ti will max your games for quite a few years to come and you can always SLI it in the future. Even if you don't that 770 will max just about everything for a while as well!

Also if you can squeeze it in the price, get a SSD. At least 128GB. Add that and not only will your games look great, they will open and load nearly instantly!
    Yep, gaming is the #1 reason I'm getting it for, everything else is secondary.

I kinda guessed the extra RAM wouldn't do much sadly, ah well... and the big PSU was mainly because of the my 4 Sata drives, but I guess the 750W one I currently have (CMPSU-750HX) should do the trick.

As for the GPU, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that there was not much point getting a 780 because of the high price and relatively low increase in performance compared to a 770; might have been 760 and 770 though, no idea. In any case, I'll probably get this one just for the hell of it. I don't do overclocking or SLI, and if it can max out stuff for 2 years at least I'm happy.

Not so sure how it will fair against The Witcher 3 when it comes out, but I'm hopeful.

Thank you for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Yep, gaming is the #1 reason I'm getting it for, everything else is secondary.

I kinda guessed the extra RAM wouldn't do much sadly, ah well... and the big PSU was mainly because of the my 4 Sata drives, but I guess the 750W one I currently have (CMPSU-750HX) should do the trick.

As for the GPU, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that there was not much point getting a 780 because of the high price and relatively low increase in performance compared to a 770; might have been 760 and 770 though, no idea. In any case, I'll probably get this one just for the hell of it. I don't do overclocking or SLI, and if it can max out stuff for 2 years at least I'm happy.

Not so sure how it will fair against The Witcher 3 when it comes out, but I'm hopeful.

Thank you for the advice.
    It really depends on the game when it comes to the value you get from going with a 780 ti over 770.
    Some games you might see 5-10 FPS. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ks,3663-7.html
    Others have a much larger gap in them, such as BF4. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ks,3663-5.html

Its worth it in my opinion if it fits your budget.