Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A new "rift it forward" idea

Well it might be an old one,i just got back into the game a few days ago and need me to kill some rift bosses.

I joined the "rift it forward" channel,and i find myself having to open the Rifts all the time.

If they ask:
    x last one reopens (im last) crappy intenett line/CPU
    x Highest Paragon reopens (i might get lucky)
    X Lowest Paragon reopens (its me)

Would it be an Idea to make Communtiy with (i will join your Rift,and reopen it.However,if i loot an item the Rift opener can use)i get a free run?

Cant post on the Diablo furums for some reason ,so i thought id ask here.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you join as a "leecher" (don't like that term as it implies a free rider), you should always expect to open a rift. If you cannot do that, you shouldn't be joining.

The whole "last one open, lowest open" is to cushion the effect of "why is it always me". The idea is that over the course of many games, your free runs to fragment spending ratio will be close to 1:1. But if you are joining a game, you should always expect to spend fragments -- that is what you give in exchange for a quick boss kill.

Personally, I rotate first in, middle in, and last in. Sometimes I might say "random choice opens".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bjarnespz View Post
    Would it be an Idea to make Communtiy with (i will join your Rift,and reopen it.However,if i loot an item the Rift opener can use)i get a free run?
    I'm pretty sure just about every single runner is willing to let you off the hook if you can give them loot improvements. However the chances of that happening...

Heck, if you get them loot improvements it shouldn't be hard to get them to invite you first after every rift until they're off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bjarnespz View Post
    You do not need a new community for that; you are free to engage the runner with a proposal, should you acquire a high quality upgrade that he can use. On the subject of different conditions; the point behind them is to control who joins the rift. If you are running high torment rifts, you would impose that the lowest opens, which discourages lowbies and under geared players from trying to get carried.

The whole "last one opens" is useful to counter the idiots who request invites, check the paragon levels, and leaves if they discover it would be their turn to open.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    If you join as a "leecher" (don't like that term as it implies a free rider), you should always expect to open a rift. If you cannot do that, you shouldn't be joining.

The whole "last one open, lowest open" is to cushion the effect of "why is it always me". The idea is that over the course of many games, your free runs to fragment spending ratio will be close to 1:1. But if you are joining a game, you should always expect to spend fragments -- that is what you give in exchange for a quick boss kill.

Personally, I rotate first in, middle in, and last in. Sometimes I might say "random choice opens".
    So the high paragon players that never have to open rifts are NOT leechers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    So the high paragon players that never have to open rifts are NOT leechers?
    Who says they never have to open rifts?

And then there is thoes off us who don't understand the concept off why this even exsist. Do the openers just sit iddle inn lobby request inviting at blazing speed, hoping its there luck this time?

I see its nice for people who play solo rift, but meh...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    And then there is thoes off us who don't understand the concept off why this even exsist. Do the openers just sit iddle inn lobby request inviting at blazing speed, hoping its there luck this time?
    It's mainly for those looking for a specific item for Kadala. Using RIF I can get 500 shards in 6-7 minutes, and I doubt you'd find 100 helms for an example in that same timespan (assuming there's the same chance of an item being a legendary whether it comes from kadala or drops, which is not the case).

Deleted
    Who says they never have to open rifts?
    Well if you've got paragon 600+, open a game and make a rule "lowest paragon reopens", you're most likely never going to be opening rifts?

Then again, I feel the entire multiplayer aspect of this game is so asinine and badly done, it doesn't really concern me anyway. I'll just stick to being gimped and shat on by the game as a solo player. Playing WoW without raiding all over again.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well if you've got paragon 600+, open a game and make a rule "lowest paragon reopens", you're most likely never going to be opening rifts?

Then again, I feel the entire multiplayer aspect of this game is so asinine and badly done, it doesn't really concern me anyway. I'll just stick to being gimped and shat on by the game as a solo player. Playing WoW without raiding all over again.
    The whole point is that the runners never open themselves, so 'making a game' automatically excludes you from re-opening. that's kinda the point of the community.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Lowest paragon opens, makes sure boss dies quick since u get 400+ ppl with good gear joining your games, this is good when one's doing T5 Rifts

Last in opens, makes sure you dont get ppl's with 286 joining your game and spending eternities on loading screens, this is good when one's flowing though T3/T4 Rifts

Never understood the highest paragon opens, this just atracts the sub 100 scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Never understood the highest paragon opens, this just atracts the sub 100 scrubs.
    RIF is full of leechers.

When I play as a runner, the following happens;

I shout lowest opens - I get invite requests from sharks with 500+ paragon. One time I actually had 3 500+ join, and none of them had keys. I couldn't be fucking bothered with the hassle of reporting so I had to open myself.
    I shout highest opens - I get invite requests from sub 100 paragons, usually they can't contribute to the boss very well. Nobody 300+ ever joins these ones, ever, from my experience, for fear of having to open.
    I shout last to join opens - Sometimes works but if you don't get 3 invites right away, nobody will request anymore as they'll assume they would be last.
    I shout "I choose who opens" - Rarely anyone requests invite. Obvious discontent when I choose someone.

I've gotten to the point where I just invite one person only and I shout 'you open'. I don't like leechers who join without intention of opening.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    RIF is full of leechers.

I shout lowest opens - I get invite requests from sharks with 500+ paragon. One time I actually had 3 500+ join, and none of them had keys. I couldn't be fucking bothered with the hassle of reporting so I had to open myself.
    I shout highest opens - I get invite requests from sub 100 paragons, usually they can't contribute to the boss very well. Nobody 300+ ever joins these ones, ever, from my experience, for fear of having to open.
    I shout last to join opens - Sometimes works but if you don't get 3 invites right away, nobody will request anymore as they'll assume they would be last.
    I shout "I choose who opens" - Rarely anyone requests invite. Obvious discontent when I choose someone.

I've gotten to the point where I just invite one person only and I shout 'you open'. I don't like leechers who join without intention of opening.
    That's about accurate - simply stating only 1 slot is available and then with "YOU OPEN" tends to be the only thing that works. You often get 3 people in quite quickly anyway, the difference is that they think they're the one to open so at least they all have keys.

"Last one opens" seems like a can of worms for me. I constantly get discussions with the one i believe is the last one. It seems to be interpretated as either "last to accept invite", "last to be i the game" or "last to be at the boss". Whichever means that the chosen opener believes it to be someone else that has to open.

Lately it has been difficult to even fill games on T4. Until you write "freebie" - then you get 20 invites in a second. Thus there's a fuckton of leechers that won't join if there's the slightest chance that they have to reopen.

Keep it up like this and in the end, runners will stop inviting people and the system falls apart. Reporting is a huge job for the runner and often not worth the effort.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

10+ Year Old Account
    RIF is full of leechers.

Wow, I didn't realize people were that stingy on opening. I've noticed lately that the community has like 5k+ people in it at all times yet I see someone announcing a RG maybe every 2 minutes. I just ask to join any of them because I have the keys and if I run out, I can spend 30 minutes farming more on Normal Bounties. I don't know why people would bother joining if they don't have the keys to open afterwards.

I noticed I'm almost always the one to open but I'm not going to complain about it.

I think the only flaw is that openers/runners is getting out of balance but that's only natural as ppl start to get they rings and burn the extra keys, and themselves became runners instead of openers.

Its starting to get a bit longer to get requests for invite going, I dont think its sustainable and probably the system will crumble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

I see its nice for people who play solo rift, but meh...
    Yeah, pretty much. The leechers just sit in the chat, requesting invites from everybody, jumping to the first that accepts, kills the boss and repeats. It is only good for when you have a lot of excess keys and want to trace them for blood shards. Other times you are just getting the short end of the stick.

For me it's fine, since I don't mind running solo rifts and basically get all the loot, plus free openings. It's a win-win, but I am going to be surprised if this is sustainable. It seems more difficult to fill groups nowadays. Today for example, only got one full group out of all the rifts that I did when farming my daily 500 shards.

If it is sustainable, it is probably thanks to RorG; since there will probably always be people farming for it.

Id find that verrrryyy booring to sit inn lobby and leech. I watch the channel flow sometimes, and atleast EU one seems to move slow with runners asking request.

Anywho, each there own...Ill just co-op inn rifts via community channel groups on torment3-4.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I don't think I have ever opened a Rift, I have so many stones I could open all rifts I even offer but can never get the cast off before someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIF is full of leechers.

Is this a problem on high torments? I'm a "sub 100 scrub", so I don't even try to join games (I prefer running rifts anyway), but I've done all kinds of "X opens" and hasn't run into problems. I get people who are just happy to get a free kill and then re-open without fuss.

Deleted
    Is this a problem on high torments? I'm a "sub 100 scrub", so I don't even try to join games (I prefer running rifts anyway), but I've done all kinds of "X opens" and hasn't run into problems. I get people who are just happy to get a free kill and then re-open without fuss.
    No, it isn't; people just love to talk paragon levels like they mean something.