Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The OP failed to mention this part of the report;

"All this doesn't mean you should stop drinking wine completely. It still does appear to be associated with some long-term cardiovascular benefits, though it's unclear whether they're caused by other chemicals in wine or an unrelated third factor (say, people who tend to drink more wine tend to get more exercise, for instance).

The one thing we do know is that these effects aren't caused by resveratrol in particular — which means that taking resveratol supplements is absolutely useless"

There have been many other studies which indicate drinking alcohol drinks in general is good for your heart. Not just wine or beer. Moderation however is the important thing to remember.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2014-05-13 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The OP failed to mention this part of the report;

"All this doesn't mean you should stop drinking wine completely. It still does appear to be associated with some long-term cardiovascular benefits, though it's unclear whether they're caused by other chemicals in wine or an unrelated third factor (say, people who tend to drink more wine tend to get more exercise, for instance).

The one thing we do know is that these effects aren't caused by resveratrol in particular — which means that taking resveratol supplements is absolutely useless"

There have been many other studies which indicate drinking alcohol drinks in general is good for your heart. Not just wine or beer. Moderation however is the important thing to remember.
    This is true, I should have mentioned this report is just concerning the red wine component resveratrol.

10+ Year Old Account
    And next year there'll be another new new study saying it's good for you.

Like coffee, eggs, milk, red meat, chicken, fish and every other food.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

The study already mentions there is a benefit to drinking wine. It is centered on one chemical itself within wine which they say has no health benefits. Go up a couple posts.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

I am, at this point, very confident that these things are all quite good for me in moderation and not so good in excess. You can also add running, sunlight, and video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    But alcohol is still healthy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The study already mentions there is a benefit to drinking wine. It is centered on one chemical itself within wine which they say has no health benefits. Go up a couple posts.
    I was more making a snarky remark about how these sorts of studies go back and forth every other year and less disagreeing with the content or conclusions of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I am, at this point, very confident that these things are all quite good for me in moderation and not so good in excess. You can also add running, sunlight, and video games.
    Moderation is always the key.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.