Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    people that assume racism in people are most likely racist themselves,
    previously seen

diddle -"not to mention i imagine you are also racist "

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    The problem here is that being wrong about a business decision really isn't grounds to take property from somebody. I.e., he didn't do anything worthy of punishment by making a private comment he believed would help the team.
    It was a business decision by the other owners to oust him, being racist against your primary base isn't good for business.

That whole part where he was asking Cooper how he would feel if a girl he liked started seeing other guys.. That slayed me. lol
    In a few years when he goes on stern and talks about this interview, it's going to be funnnnnny
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

The problem here is that being wrong about a business decision really isn't grounds to take property from somebody. I.e., he didn't do anything worthy of punishment by making a private comment he believed would help the team.
    Perhaps, but when this so called "business decision" is based entirely upon an idiotic premise influenced entirely by one's bigotry, then they must be removed for the good of said business.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2014-05-13 at 03:59 AM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    previously seen
    Fair enough, you got me with that one.

Deleted
    You're right, he didn't do anything that is deserving of punishment. I don't think anybody here can say that he did. However this isn't all being done as a punishment, this is being done to help the NBA limit damage caused by his words getting out.

Basically it's all about the money, kinda like you claim his viewpoint to have been based on.

As I said before as long as a person has money for a ticket it does not matter, and if you think African-Americans are a detriment to business from other races that just shows you are racist projecting your beliefs on others.
    LOL

Years ago I used to work with a black waitress who used to complain to the hostess when they sat black people in her section. Her exact words were " Everybody knows black people dont tip"

As I said before as long as a person has money for a ticket it does not matter, and if you think African-Americans are a detriment to business from other races that just shows you are racist projecting your beliefs on others.
    My guess is that he, the owner of the company, knows more about this than I do, and has actual information to back up his belief. Judging by the startlingly obvious (and well remarked upon by the mainstream media) wealth disparity between the races, it stands to reason the average black person will have less money than the average white person. These two facts combined mean that I withhold my judgment, because it is not yet clear whether he was just being a shrewd businessman.
    Call me Cassandra

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the misfortune lately of realizing how many horribly racist or homophobic people are out there, and worse yet many are in complete denial and oblivious to realizing that they are.

It was a business decision by the other owners to oust him, being racist against your primary base isn't good for business.
    I thought the NBA itself ousted him, but if you could provide me with more information that would be good too. If this was some board of directors call to get rid of him then that, too, is just shrewd business. The Clippers team itself is "owned" by a family trust, so removing it from the hands of the family should be all but impossible.
    Call me Cassandra

An elderly white man who is racist? An old billionaire who is out of touch with how society works? This is insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    LOL

Years ago I used to work with a black waitress who used to complain to the hostess when they sat black people in her section. Her exact words were " Everybody knows black people dont tip"
    First of all "Riveting Tale Chap". Secondly, that mainly applies at restaurants.

They MORE than make up for it at Hair Salons, Barbershops, and Nail salons. Which they visit multiple times in a month. But that goes against the meme. So it's ignored, by sheltered know-nothings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the NBA itself ousted him, but if you could provide me with more information that would be good too. If this was some board of directors call to get rid of him then that, too, is just shrewd business. The Clippers team itself is "owned" by a family trust, so removing it from the hands of the family should be all but impossible.
    23 of 30 owners in the NBA must approve of his removal in order for the team to be removed from him. So, its like a Board of Directors firing the CEO that tarnishes the company's image.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Fixed /10chars
    ...by replacing a word with a synonym for the same word? Gotta get that post count up, eh?

On topic; there's not much to discuss. Dude removed all doubt about his stance on the issue. Now its up to people to decide if they care enough to actually see him ousted or not.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    They more than make up for it at Hair Salons, Barbershops, and Nail salons. Which they visit multiple times in a month. But that goes against the meme. So it's ignored, by know-nothings.
    Assume that both the original stereotype and this one are true, I don't think this is going to be wildly encouraging to waiters and bartenders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    An elderly white man who is racist? An old billionaire who is out of touch with how society works? This is insane!
    I could point you to an elderly white man who makes his living commenting on sports who is anything but racist pretty darn easily actually.

Man his PR person is not gonna have a fun day at the office tomorrow........Must be the same one that rancher from Nevada hired.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    23 of 30 owners in the NBA must approve of his removal in order for the team to be removed from him. So, its like a Board of Directors firing the CEO that tarnishes the company's image.
    OK, but then what compensation is his family given as a result? You can't just rob people of that much money.
    Call me Cassandra

OK, but then what compensation is his family given as a result? You can't just rob people of that much money.
    The billion or so dollars that the Clippers will be sold for ought to be some salve for those wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Assume that both the original stereotype and this one are true, I don't think this is going to be wildly encouraging to waiters and bartenders.
    Well the 1st one I can't comment on, since it's harder to witness what people leave in their bill envelopes. Whereas it's easier to see the latter. As it physically involves walking up to the chair, and handing the person who provided them the service a tip, before they leave the establishment.