Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Just can get it to work!

HI

So I bought my gf a Corsiar cx600 psu and a asus r9 270 gpu and I cannot get a picture for love nor money!

What I did...

1/I took out the old psu and gpu
    2/ I connected the 24 pin new psu to motherboard
    3/ I connected the 8pin to cpu
    4/ I connected the hard drive through sata cable
    5/ I connected the disc unit with sata cable
    6/ I entered the graphics card and fitted it

Now here is my issue, Nowhere can I find a HOW TO with this card, only the X version which is different.
    It has 1 6-pin pci-e slot (not 2 like the x)

No matter which pci- e cable I plug in it shows nothing. It is still light up and fan working so not fried..

Also if I unplug the pci cable from graphics card the pc makes a normal startup noise with all fans working and light up
    As soon as I plug the pci-e cable back in it goes quiet but again all fans and lights work etc

I cannot get a picture no matter what?
    PLease help

Deleted
    Did you connect your monitor's cable to the gpu and not the onboard by mistake?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Did you connect your monitor's cable to the gpu and not the onboard by mistake?
    Montiors cable is to the gpu slot yes, I don't know what the onboard is tbh. is there another slot you can plug your monitor into without a gpu?

15+ Year Old Account
    GFX card dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ponth View Post
    GFX card dead?
    not that I can see, it lights up. the fans on it work immediately. If dead surely that wouldn't happen.

I seem to be missing one element here, and I cannot figure it out

Deleted
    What motherboard and cpu you got?

Deleted
    What motherboard and cpu you got?
    This is the set-up that my misus has

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...4892.199480143

Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    This is the set-up that my misus has

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...4892.492883150
    Can't open that link.

Deleted
    link doesn't work

Deleted
    fixed link

Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    fixed link
    Just to be super clear, what video connection are you using (HDMI or DVI) and are you positive you aren't plugging it in in the spot below the audio connections.

Deleted
    Your motherboard has onboard graphics.
    -So you either plugged the monitor gable to the motherboard's gpu instead of R9 or
    -You have to take the R9 out so the pc boots with onboard graphics first (you plug cable to onboard one) then shut down the pc, re-sit the R9 so the onboard gpu gets disabled (assuming it bugged).
    If neither of those work, you need to go to bios (with onboard graphics obviously) and change the output from onobard to pci-e althout that should have been done automatically from the moment you placed the R9.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Just to be super clear, what video connection are you using (HDMI or DVI) and are you positive you aren't plugging it in in the spot below the audio connections.
    im using dvi connection, and im plugging it directly into the graphics card slot which corresponds with the plug/socket my screen (brand new benq) uses

Deleted
    Reseat your RAM~ worth a try

Deleted
    Your motherboard has onboard graphics.
    -So you either plugged the monitor gable to the motherboard's gpu instead of R9 or
    -You have to take the R9 out so the pc boots with onboard graphics first (you plug cable to onboard one) then shut down the pc, re-sit the R9 so the onboard gpu gets disabled (assuming it bugged).
    If neither of those work, you need to go to bios (with onboard graphics obviously) and change the output from onobard to pci-e althout that should have been done automatically from the moment you placed the R9.
    I really appreciate the help, however I cannot (google cant help it seems) find out how to plug montir into onboard one to boot without a graphics card. Im freaking out a little here as I wanted to do this for gf. my last pc build had zero issues

Deleted
    The linked you provided shows that your motherboard has a DVI connector for your monitor? Its above your audio output.

Deleted
    The linked you provided shows that your motherboard has a DVI connector for your monitor? Its above your audio output.
    thanks for replying, this is why I am freaking out, the whole mobo looks the same except I have literally nowhere I can place my dvi cable into?
    I cannot find a single place for it to slot into the mobo

Deleted
    Hmm, when you have the r9 installed and everything powered, you start your pc do you hear any beeping? If you do what does it sound like? The usual 1 short beep when it boots up or two -three beeps etc?

- - - Updated - - -

If you could also take a quick photo of the mobo to see if you got all everything hooked up would help

Deleted
    not really any beeps, kind of the usual 3 duh duh duuuuh that all my pcs make when starting

still no picture, and I can confirm zero spot to put dvi cable on mobo

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, when you have the r9 installed and everything powered, you start your pc do you hear any beeping? If you do what does it sound like? The usual 1 short beep when it boots up or two -three beeps etc?

- - - Updated - - -

If you could also take a quick photo of the mobo to see if you got all everything hooked up would help
    unfortunately I have no way of putting any photos up

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your old PSU? Have you tried that?

I would not be surprised if the Corsair CX600 is DOA. They're sort of known for that.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab