Poll: Poll

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No; they're the same people in real life. Though they're probably more reserved because consequences; that doesn't change their nature. Merely their demeanor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really, really hope so.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine they behave differently IRL, but I think that inside they're likely the same person.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    No; they're the same people in real life. Though they're probably more reserved because consequences; that doesn't change their nature. Merely their demeanor.
    Often that's the case, but that's not always true. For example, some trolls get paid specifically to do so. Another example would be a person who doesn't specifically have it in their nature to troll, but to follow stupid trends.

I'm less of an asshole on here, than i am in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    No, I think you are pretty much the same in real life.
    Well I certainly act different because the means of communication are different. I still like to try to provoke people into disbelief in real life, though it's trickier. On a forum, all you need to do is be half-reasonable sometimes and you'll be taken seriously most of the time, but in real life, people become dismissive of you. I generally just stick to making really horrible jokes in real life but I do like to troll people once in awhile. I was considering reverse gas-lighting for a month but I think it'd be too annoying to keep up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    I'd just like to mention that this doesn't mean they're a bad person because consequences, etc. I mean if I told people the truth to somebody who was yelling at me for something that was their fault rather than mine, I'd possibly get punched in the face or fired, but this wouldn't make me wrong.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2014-05-14 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people trolling on forums usually do so because of lack of their self-esteem. They feel inferior to other people and hurt because of it, so they need those pills of feeling that they are better than, at least, someone - and so they go online, where no real risk is involved, and start harassing other people, provoking them on reaction. This gives them a wicked feeling of control. The upside is that their real life goes further and further to hell as they escape reality in such a twisted way.

I do not have any warm feelings toward trolls, but I feel sorry for them.

Deleted
    Ask this question to your mirror.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I think you are pretty much the same in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Omg I wanted to say what Rich said but I would have gotten infracted. Well, the way I was going to say "you" would have been a little different.

I think trolls/attention seekers are pitiful in real life. So...
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Ask this question to your mirror.

10chars, looool
    /thread
    Last edited by Nemah; 2014-05-14 at 08:10 PM.

My answer is NO! I think they are mindless zombies or psychopaths kind of like the democrats that will follow the party line even if it leads to hell and stomps newborn puppies and kittens along the way.

Deleted
    I also troll IRL, it's funny to see how people can furiously respond to something so obvious as a good troll :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonore View Post
    I also troll IRL, it's funny to see how people can furiously respond to something so obvious as a good troll :P
    The problem with trolling in real life is that it can get your head kicked in. Unless you are confusing jokes/pranks with trolling, they are very different things.

Deleted
    It's all about the wording, and besides, you need an army to even come close to my head ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonore View Post
    It's all about the wording, and besides, you need an army to even come close to my head ^^
    Yeah, about that......

I think a lot of people are slightly different. As getting judged here for your actions and/or words isn't as confronting as in real life.
    But I suppose dicks are dicks.

The problem with trolling in real life is that it can get your head kicked in. Unless you are confusing jokes/pranks with trolling, they are very different things.
    Well there's also things that people aren't able to attribute to you directly.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Internet provides them with "digital courage".
    You cared enough to post.

I don't need to troll in real life, because what I say goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really hate how the word troll has been twisted into such a hateful word.

Naturally.

Why would I judge someone's personality based on what he posts online, where he is anonymous and there are no punishments for his actions?

I'm not an autist.