Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    The issue is not nerfing the content. I'm all in favor of nerfing content that's been on farm for 4+ months for most good guilds.

The problem is forcing players to grind valor for weeks right before they essentially remove valor from the game in WoD, at least for raiding purposes. The issue is making alts fall farther and farther behind, requiring more and more work to catch-up for main switching, and basically anyone who isn't currently in fully upgraded BiS gear.

There are plenty of solutions though.
    1) Increase valor gains and the valor cap.
    2) Lower the VP cost of upgrades from 250 each to 150 each (give or take).
    3) Allow items to drop with 2/4 upgrades already, and retroactively upgrade any item that isn't already 2/4 to 2/4.
    4) Remove the daily bonus from HS and 5mans and make it a 7-use weekly bonus like Cataclysm, so that we can better use the 50% bonus for capping a character. Capping alts is easy with the bonus, but the current reward system punishes you for grinding more than 1 HS/5man per day.
    Nobody is forcing you, there went that argument down the bin.

My god its funny to read some of these complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    I don't know about you, but i'd rather spend the next months progressing on a boss than sitting doing farm week after week. It just doesn't make sense.
    I don't think of it's the general consensus that people would rather wipe on the same boss for several months than kill it sooner and work on the next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    Dude you're already progressing on nerfed content.
    This, m8. 10

10+ Year Old Account
    One night clears INC. With 2-4 buyers it takes us ~3.5 hours (1 night) to clear 13/14H, and ppl are tired for garry and play bad, so we just get on for 30 mins a 2nd night to finish clearing.

This'll make 1 night clearing viable without staying late.

Deleted
    what about world pvp and them ppl who farm pvp gear for just that i hope pvp gear is going to get upgraded its bullshit how pve gear is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    Nobody is forcing you, there went that argument down the bin.

My god its funny to read some of these complaints.
    While your comment is true. It is also very much out of touch with the reality of a raiding guild or atleast a raiding guild who takes raiding more serious.
    And no I am not talking about GM's and officers bullying their guildies into doing stuff they don't want. Those guilds cannot exist for long.

I am talking about actually wanting to progress with your guild, be the best on atleast your server. You WANT/NEED to be the best geared, to give yourself and your guild an advantage vs the AI. And thus clearing faster, which in turn attracts more recruits.

So no "forcing" is not the correct term. But what other term is there that explains in one word what I just wrote?

We're 8 months into a 14 month long raid tier. Why should you care whether content is nerfed if the race has been over for 7.5 months?

Deleted
    Dude, this has been happening since WOTLK. And it's fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    While your comment is true. It is also very much out of touch with the reality of a raiding guild or atleast a raiding guild who takes raiding more serious.
    And no I am not talking about GM's and officers bullying their guildies into doing stuff they don't want. Those guilds cannot exist for long.

I am talking about actually wanting to progress with your guild, be the best on atleast your server. You WANT/NEED to be the best geared, to give yourself and your guild an advantage vs the AI. And thus clearing faster, which in turn attracts more recruits.

So no "forcing" is not the correct term. But what other term is there that explains in one word what I just wrote?
    Being forced to do something and doing something for the greater good for your guild are two different things though.
    You help your guild by upgrading your items as you get them, if you dont then you're holding the guild back in a sense.

People just need to be strategic about their upgrades, and dont upgrade things they know they're about to replace soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmow View Post
    Dude, this has been happening since WOTLK. And it's fine.
    Since even before that. All content got nerfed even Classic & TBC.

Deleted
    Hmm, you could find this on other threads as well but this nerf only to allow players who are stuck to progress again but also to alleviate people burnout.

At this time of the expansion people have been raiding SoO for like 8 months and we are probably going to continue raiding SoO for 6/7 months.
    So yeah people are burning out and allowing players to upgrade their gear 2 level further will allow to not only gate the nerf but also to give players a little thing to do each week (even if it is only VP caping).

So I gladly welcome this nerf, my guild is stuck on Garrosh atm and we could use a little more dps. Yes I'm sad that I'm not going to kill him before 5.4.8 but I've gotta be realistic, right now people in my guild are not motivated (at least some of them, as an example we're not raiding at all this timer, sucks) and it may help keep my guild together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    what about world pvp and them ppl who farm pvp gear for just that i hope pvp gear is going to get upgraded its bullshit how pve gear is better.

If you farm PVP gear for world PVP you're gonna have a bad time.

Anyway this change is probably not gonna happen before WoD which is supposed to solve the problem of PvE gear in world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Heledar View Post
    Hmm, you could find this on other threads as well but this nerf only to allow players who are stuck to progress again but also to alleviate people burnout.

At this time of the expansion people have been raiding SoO for like 8 months and we are probably going to continue raiding SoO for 6/7 months.
    So yeah people are burning out and allowing players to upgrade their gear 2 level further will allow to not only gate the nerf but also to give players a little thing to do each week (even if it is only VP caping).

So I gladly welcome this nerf, my guild is stuck on Garrosh atm and we could use a little more dps. Yes I'm sad that I'm not going to kill him before 5.4.8 but I've gotta be realistic, right now people in my guild are not motivated (at least some of them, as an example we're not raiding at all this timer, sucks) and it may help keep my guild together.
    I'm sure this is the case for a lot of people. I've lost all motivation to play and over the past few weeks all I've been doing is logging in at raid time and logging off when the raid is over. Guildies are showing up late, spending more time afk'ing or just skipping raid days completely. I don't think ability to upgrade items further is going to change that, it's still the same place we have been raiding for the last 8 months after all.

Deleted
    Not to mention but guilds stuck at 4\14 won't magically jump to 8\14 in a week's progress. This will mostly give a boost to guilds stuck on a boss but with a close enough kill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukazor View Post
    I'm sure this is the case for a lot of people. I've lost all motivation to play and over the past few weeks all I've been doing is logging in at raid time and logging off when the raid is over. Guildies are showing up late, spending more time afk'ing or just skipping raid days completely. I don't think ability to upgrade items further is going to change that, it's still the same place we have been raiding for the last 8 months after all.
    Yes it is, but if you had dps problems then this change is gonna give you a little push towards your goal, doesn't it ?

Deleted
    Hm in general I like it.

For the people still progressing it's nice since they can get a new boost. (Especially if you've been hitting a wall. Motivation should go back up.)
    For the people clearing and selling it's nice since it speeds up the process (ok more guilds will be able to down garrosh but in all honesty there already are a ton so ...).

For people wanting to clear it on the "original difficulty" ... you had your chance for 8 months and you weren't good enough; get over it.

In the end it's a nice idea to keep people subbed over the "pre expansion break" (I like it). Push some new strategies; get some ranks ... pretty much all that is left to do this expack.

Whenever I get a WF piece (which is less than once a week) I will have plenty of valor to upgrade anyway.

As for people saying this is the "pre expansion nerf". I doubt it. I expect the transition from heroic to mythic in 6.0 to have a much greater effect than this 8 ilvl buff.

Edit: Also people complaining about getting valor ... 1 hr of H scenarios (5min clears) = 1000+ valor. How is that a strain?
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2014-05-15 at 12:17 PM.

Didnt realise the upgrades were a forced conception...

If you dont like it, you dont have to use your vp for the extra upgrades. But you more than likely will anyway, because if you had already cleared all the content this wouldnt apply to, or worry you. But you havnt, so clearly this 'nerf' is a suggestion that you may need this bonus. And of course you'll have it down before WoD, as most will due to increments such as this.

10+ Year Old Account
    why nerf content when you can buff the players. makes sense from a design pov and gives struggling guilds another avenue to overcome obstacles.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    why nerf content when you can buff the players. makes sense from a design pov and gives struggling guilds another avenue to overcome obstacles.
    Plus, as Blizzard said, it feels less like pity when nerfing bosses if you can work towards making your character more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    I just read that in 5.4.8 there's going to be an increase in ilevel boosting with valor, so that we can upgrade our gear 4 times now instead of 2. Now before you comment on this post i'd like you to read the entirety of it so you understand what I am trying to say.

First of all, why do we have 4 difficulties so that everyone see can see the content, and yet you add nerfs? It makes no sense what so ever, if there was only one difficulty then it would be understandable. If people are having trouble with a heroic encounter then they should do the normal encounter instead, as the mechanics are basicly the same, and you still get to see the boss fights. There's absolutely no reason to make the content easier for people to see. A few things people argue are:

A) They want to acquire heroic gear and the mount. When has Blizzard through-out MoP nerfed content so people could acquire the things that make heroic different from other difficulties? It's an absurd concept, if they want heroic gear and the heroic mount then they have to do what is required of them.

B) They want the FoS, which is also something that should be unique to the people who achieved it at it's intended difficulty.

C) They've hit a road block, or can't progress further. Well you have another good few months to clear the content. I don't know about you, but i'd rather spend the next months progressing on a boss than sitting doing farm week after week. It just doesn't make sense.

Second of all, why do you have to RUIN the experience for guilds like mine? My guild consists of people that re-subbed because of WoD hype and decided to clear 14/14hc pre-wod to prepare. We've been at heroic progression for about 7/8 weeks and are 9/14hc, and are pretty certain that garrosh will go down pre-wod. I've spoken to 3 other GMs about this, one of which is 6/14hc, 10/14hc, and 13/14hc who all think that this is absolutely absurd. I'd rather not have the achievement of killing garrosh, than having the achievement that has "POST-NERF" written all over it. No one wants to be the guy who killed dumbed down content. Especially seeing as we could have cleared it before this nerf if we started at patch launch, however we didn't, and we re-subbed expecting it not to be nerfed until the FoS is gone, and WoD launches. This very thing can break apart guilds like mine, because we don't want to raid and kill bosses that we know are NOT at their intended difficulty.

TLDR; Why do you have 4 difficulties so everyone can see the content, and then you make all the content even easier than intended, and in turn screw over people that wanted to finish the raid at it's intended difficulty?

So please Blizzard for the love of all of us, and for the sake of my guild please revert this change, because this is ridiculous.
    Pretty simple solution for you: your guild could choose to upgrade only twice instead of all four times. I won't lie I didn't read your entire post because this was the first thought that came to mind. Take proof you didn't use more than two upgrade slots and you can still feel like a special snowflake.

Deleted
    I think they did it to keep people subbed, people banging against a wall will finally be able to progress again.

But i'm not looking forward to upgrade every new piece i loot to 4/4, meaning i have to spend a 1k valor cap on one item, but i will do it anyway because i get an urge to complete when i see 2/4. And Vp has no other use anyway.

But imo they should increase the Vp you get from raiding flex or normal, so when you clear SoO you can atleast fully upgrade that great trinket you looted. Currently it's 40Vp/boss so it's 560 for a full clear meaning you have to do a couple of boring same old hc scenario's each week.