Thread: Friend who bots

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsixx View Post

Anyway, thanks for reading, I know it's long - but thanks for your time
    Better safe than sorry...DIME HIS ARSE OUT and make sure you send them screenies tell him it is wrong.
    You cared enough to post.

I know many people that bot on multiple accounts, it does bother me but im not going to do anything about it as most of them have had some of these accounts since vanilla / BC and have only recently started botting.

If they want to risk getting banned thats their own fault, but im not going to help ban accounts that have been played on for 4 to 8 years

Call me as bad as the bots for not reporting, but blizz will get them eventually. Bots ruin and help the economy at the same time.. couldnt imagine how high the cost of everything would be without the bots

But... in saying that i will report everysingle BG bot i see, because that just straight up Ruins that specific part of the game.. being on the same team as multiple bots that just dont help in the slightest forcing loses and wasted time in BGs is infuriating

Sincerely doubt anything would happen to you for not reporting him.

Just don't buy any gold off him, you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I'm against botting, but how does it ruin YOUR experience? Because someone doesn't physically sit at their desk and do it like you do? Why does it affect you?

Now, again, I am against botting and I would report it on the spot... but getting mad that someone else is botting, unless its directly impacting your gameplay, is crazy. I would report it on the principle- not that I'm mad at the person.

Most botters sell the gold, which in the end goes back into the economy anyways. Low population servers would be worse off if botters didn't exist. The income of the server would be drastically decreasing if people didn't buy gold, because who has the time to farm dailies all day every day since selling things on the AH wouldn't be productive enough, IE low population.
    But it has ruined my experience. Quite a few times. 7/10 bots on my team in bgs. Auto follow bots in dgs. Mining/herbing bots while im farming taking all the nodes. It sucks. The low pop servers thing compleeeeetly untrue, botters have a negative impact on every aspect of the game, and depending on the bots the AH takes the biggest hit. If all the crappy players buy gold, how do the new legit players afford 250g lvl 15-60 greens ffs? Im lvling up an alt now and its gotta SUCK starting this game at this point. Shouldnt we want more players? This is an mmo. A lot of people quit before 60 just because of running into bots and not being able to use the AH at all. There is ZERO positive impact to botting. 0/10. 0%. None.
    I think a lot of people see cheating in games as like, turbo controller running in cirles in jprgs, or cheat codes in GTA. Doing this shit in mmos is annoying and disruptive to everyone but the botter. Its a just a selfish ignorant thing to do. Like I said, they are taking something fun, and making less fun for other people. Its shitty.
    Ive been on a low/med pop server since the start, and its always easy to make gold. Not making gold, do something different. Hell, google it. Botting because you "dont have time" doesnt make any sense while your subbing to an mmo if you are playing it for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    Reported him.
    Not sure whether you're on about me here, but as I clearly stated, its not me doing the botting. So, Blizz can receive your report and scan my pc - they'll find no malicious software. They can check my account history, it's clean as a whistle.
    Otherwise, no idea how you can report someone I kept anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    Report his ass. Id report my own grandmother for botting.
    A: Why even play?
    2: Bots in your group are fun killers. This is a video game. Counter productive.
    III: Bots ruin the games economy.
    Four: Bots take away new players, and old players. People just quit when they cant compete with cheaters.
    Last: If you bot, your a prick. If you bot to sell gold for real money, your so stupid you dont realize you can get a part time job delivering pizza or some shit and make 5x as much as you would playing a video game you dont even like.

Hackers and botters are the shittiest, cowardly people. Ruining peoples fun for the sake of ruining fun, while being anon? Garbage.
    To be fair, from a botters standpoint it would seem to be profitably in every way. Make some money/save time doing something you don't want to have more fun later on.

A: You even say this in your post, probably to make money or save time.
    2: They won't care.
    III: They won't care.
    Four: They won't care.
    Last: Why deliver pizza when you can *gasp* bot to profit instead.

I agree though, botting sucks ass, but you presented some shitty arguments as to why a botter would want to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

People who report friends and family for botting because "game" needs to seriously rethink their lives.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only people who are butt-hurt report their friends for botting and are in no way a true friend.

Deleted
    I've always found that the people from ChamberofAspects are really, really strange people.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Wait. There are people who aren't botting nowadays?
    Calling bullshit on this one. Just entered a WSG and had the entire team standing in our flag room on top of each other.

It's official, WoW has been overtaken by bots.

It's not too late to stop them though, participate in this wild adventure, before it's too late!

World of Warcraft: War Against the Bots coming soon™

You should report anyone who uses botting programs, but I understand if you don't. Just remember, if we all refuse to report them because they're friends, we'll never stop the bots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    People who report friends and family for botting because "game" needs to seriously rethink their lives.
    People who would bot in a game need to seriously rethink their lives.

We can do this forever.

I know a few friends that bot almost everything in-game, which makes me question why they subscribe anyway, and I reported them all. Just report anyone botting even if you know them, these scumbags ruin other player's experiences especially in Battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Report their dumbasses, and enjoy them getting banned. Scum.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    I know a few friends that bot almost everything in-game
    I reported them all.
    I'd imagine you don't have many friends.

I don't endorse botting!

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I'd imagine you don't have many friends.

I don't endorse botting!
    Keep imagining.

Don't be a dick reporting your friend, RaF friend ffs. Even if you get him banned, which will happen eventually but will probably take months and he will just buy another batch of accounts when that happens for round 2, you will have betrayed a friend while contributing next to nothing to the welfare of the game itself.

Just don't. Take it up with Blizzard that does the bare minimum if you must, not your friend!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Just remember, if we all refuse to report them because they're friends, we'll never stop the bots.
    If every single one of us reported every single bot we come across, botting would still happen. At most we would pry an extra ban wave out of Blizzard, whoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I'm against botting, but how does it ruin YOUR experience? Because someone doesn't physically sit at their desk and do it like you do? Why does it affect you?
    When people say this "How does it affect YOUR experience" line; do they really mean what they are saying? I find it hard to believe in the time it takes to type out the words "How does that affect your experience" people cannot come up with reasons.

The reason I came up with while typing this for one is "The same amount of time put into farming materials by a human player nets less in game profit because the players who use bots have a stronger control of the economy"

Lets not even go into PVP bots or even PVE ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Don't be a dick reporting your friend, RaF friend ffs. Even if you get him banned, which will happen eventually but will probably take months and he will just buy another batch of accounts when that happens for round 2, you will have betrayed a friend while contributing next to nothing to the welfare of the game itself.
    Again, I wasn't actually asking people if I should report him or not - and I understand people have their views on this, but I was just wondering if associating with him in the same party will put my account at risk when he's talking about botting, and it seems the conclusion is I won't.
    I actually know quite a fair few people who bot, but they never spoke about it on WoW so I never felt any reason to worry. I also did report one or two of them a month ago for it, nothing came of it.

Keep imagining.
    Edgy reply, I tip my fedora to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Reporting friends, how sad.

Ah well, that's up to you. And no you won't face consequences for not reporting him.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.