Thread: Black Holes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Re: Big Crunch

Was proposed by Hawking back in the like 80's, and was then dismissed by him shortly after. Is not true.

Re: Hawking Radiation

I think Hawking had a big announcement he has been working on the last few years which was supposed to change the model for Hawking Radiation in some big way - and I think he released something of it in January - but the whole thing isn't finished yet? I haven't read it yet, I really should - but he's still working on the good bit I thought.

Re: Black Holes as universes

Black Holes can be powerful enough to re-write the cosmological constants, which is probably the best case for them being alternate universes. This would make the universe a series of Matroyshka Dolls, containing other universes within them (including the mass of the other universes, within black holes). So our universe could be a black hole inside another universe, exerting pressure on their stars right now.

The evaporation mass issue would be resolved as the point at which the evaporation rate accelerates such at the central singularity is suddenly (violently) no longer pressured together - causing a seemingly random and incalculably massive Big Bang-style explosion: which would continue (inside the black hole) over the life-age of a universe (for a black hole the size of our universe), and eventually fully 'evaporate' via Hawking Radiation into the parent universe, during the perceived Heat Death of the child universe/black hole.

So the mass within the parent universe is still there (inside a black hole), but suddenly appears to exist and randomly begin inside the child universe/black hole.

So, depending on the size of the black hole - some universes would be very short-lived, while others would exists for trillions of years before they completely Heat Death into their parent universe.

Of course, this satisfies our questions about how universes are born, but returns us to the "turtles all the way down" problem of how Creation began (the first universe).

Edit: the weirdest thing about a Matroyshka Doll universe to me, is that it doesn't negate the simultaneous possibility of parallel "universes" either. So it could be that dark matter is the influence of another universe overlapping our own, in another phase - and also the case that black holes are baby universes within our own universes that haven't been born yet.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-05-15 at 02:28 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Singularities don't exist.
    Density is equal to mass divided by volume. Zero volume means we have a division by zero.
    There is a weird trend in physics to assume that x/0 is infinity, since we are working strictly with positive numbers and the limit mismatch is with x=0 and x=-1. I don't agree with it.
    Another problem is that infinity doesn't really exist.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2014-05-15 at 11:47 PM.

Deleted
    I thought this thread'd be about black women and their holes. I am disappointed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Black holes can't explode because of how powerful their gravity is. It's so powerful, LIGHT, which moves at 186,282 miles per second, cannot escape.
    This sounds like the gravity is sucking photons in like a vacuum cleaner, which is a common misconception.