Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Coming from the guy who is discounting my source despite it coming from the same source as you that's rich. Also yes

Oh here's a good one http://www.levada.ru/29-10-2014/okty...iya-i-doveriya

It's the graph with the question "You generally approve or disapprove the work of Vladimir Putin as president RUSSIA? *" It had 88% approval last month
    When you make a claim, you prove it. And you use evidence that isn't vague. It's not nitpicking if it has a legitimate point. That's like saying that we shouldn't have questioned sources for Bush's "WMDs".

That graph has 4 months of 2014. You seem to be straining for any justification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

Deleted
    Coming from the guy who is discounting my source despite it coming from the same source as you that's rich. Also yes

Oh here's a good one http://www.levada.ru/29-10-2014/okty...iya-i-doveriya

It's the graph with the question "You generally approve or disapprove the work of Vladimir Putin as president RUSSIA? *" It had 88% approval last month
    It really takes some dose of propaganda to not understand that question and not understand what putin has done to Russia in his 20 years or so.

Apart from this though. What is the point of your message. That it's ok to generalise on Russians because of your shitty data?
    Are you people really saying this?

- - - Updated - - -

Tierbook, if you lived in Russia in 92 you'd have answered yes to that question.
    What a joke of a poll and what a joke of a point.
    This really is hopeless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see so proof is only proof if it proves what you want it to prove.... nice to know
    Maybe it is sadder than it is funny Caligulove
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I see so proof is only proof if it proves what you want it to prove.... nice to know
    Are you blaming me for your terrible argumentation?
    It's November 2014.
    "recent poll"
    Poll is April 2014 at the latest.
    Lmfao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    It really takes some dose of propaganda to not understand that question and not understand what putin has done to Russia in his 20 years or so.

Apart from this though. What is the point of your message. That it's ok to generalise on Russians because of your shitty data?
    Are you people really saying this?

- - - Updated - - -

Tierbook, if you lived in Russia in 92 you'd have answered yes to that question.
    What a joke of a poll and what a joke of a point.
    This really is hopeless.
    Prejudice and stereotypes are okay as long as I have numbers to back them up.
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Are you blaming me for your terrible argumentation?
    It's November 2014.
    "recent poll"
    Poll is April 2014 at the latest.
    Lmfao
    Interestingly enough there were only 4 months in 2013, 2012 and every other year since 99'.
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Interestingly enough there were only 4 months in 2013, 2012 and every other year since 99'.
    Which means that the poll is all the more terribly graphed. There's an intent to keep it in a 4-month interval.

Deleted
    Maybe it is sadder than it is funny Caligulove
    Proof of what exactly? Do you think putin has not been a benefit for Russians in the last 20 years?
    And once again, what exactly is the point of all this? That you can generalise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which means that the poll is all the more terribly graphed. There's an intent to keep it in a 4-month interval.
    Indeed and like I said it was polled recently. Or are you going to tell me that in the months when there is no poll everyone hates him.

Indeed and like I said it was polled recently. Or are you going to tell me that in the months when there is no poll everyone hates him.
    Isn't that assuming something that has yet to be proven?

And as Djalil is saying, what's your point? Is this poll justification to generalize a people?

(Hint: No)

Deleted
    Tier book, read this and try to understand if you can the question of your poll and the subsequent answer:
    There’s not a lot to like about Vladimir Putin: he’s autocratic, vain and runs a corrupt government. And he doesn’t give a fig for human rights. The repression in Chechnya, the jailing of the businessman Mikhail Khodorkovsky and the Pussy Riot protestors, the murders of journalist Anna Politkovskaya and of Alexander Litvinenko, the former spy – all this happened on Putin’s watch. Who would not be on the side of the 100,000 people who turned out on Moscow’s streets last winter to protest against Putin’s election to a third term as president and to demand fair elections and an honest government? Russia would be better off without Putin – who would argue otherwise?

As a matter of fact, millions would. Talk to many Russians and they’ll tell you that life under Putin is vastly better than under Boris Yeltsin. Yeltsin let a handful of oligarchs hoover up Russia’s wealth while ordinary Russians were reduced to selling their possessions on the street. Putin, by contrast, has quelled the economic mayhem – inflation is down, pensions have increased. Even more importantly he has restored Russia’s sense of self-worth – crushing the Chechen revolt, refusing to play along with the West over Syria. Living in Notting Hill you might not find Putin to your taste, but for those facing the realities of contemporary Russia he is a godsend, the strong leader that the country needs at this crucial time of transition and uncertainty.

An apology for tyranny? Or a realistic appraisal of modern Russian realities?*

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier book, read this and try to understand if you can the question of your poll and the subsequent answer:
    That's a nice thought but only if you ignore the ~30 jump in popularity since February

Deleted
    That's a nice thought but only if you ignore the ~30 jump in popularity since February
    That's because you're looking at one side of the medal only.

Deleted
    Is this poll justification to generalize a people?
    No. But it's damned hard not to seeing how throughout all these months I have seen zero - zero - Russians in this and the former thread actually disagreeing with the Russian aggression. None that say that Ukraine should get to decide itself what to do with their future. Just a bunch of people screaming conspiracy theories from the top of their lungs, threatening with nuclear weapons, exclaiming how irrelevant every country is except Russia, blah blah blah. No self-reflection whatsoever. It's ridiculous.

Meanwhile, as we see in the linked statistics, a vast majority of Russians seem to agree with Putin's actions. It's bizarre.

So no, I'm not going to generalize. I believe there are very many Russians out there who are unhappy as well with Putin's regime, the question is how many are there that haven't migrated, exactly?

Deleted
    Once you start looking at the series of events, you realize the other side does actually have a point.
    Maidan was a violent revolt guided by an extremely dodgy and unstable coalition of opposition, with extremists running left and right. And we did FUCK ALL cause it would benefit us on the long term. Instead of condemning the violence, like we did elsewhere even in Europe, we supported them straight up.
    Of course once this point of view is set, everything else takes a different outlook.

Deleted
    So what's your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Where exactly are you guys going with this?are you pulling out justifications for irrational hatred of a people?
    The fucks happening here?
    Where are you going with this exactly? I'm pointing out how a false argument was disproved easily. Hinting at the fact that perhaps you shouldn't talk about something you have no understanding of... What hatred? Are you high?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    No. But it's damned hard not to seeing how throughout all these months I have seen zero - zero - Russians in this and the former thread actually disagreeing with the Russian aggression. None that say that Ukraine should get to decide itself what to do with their future. Just a bunch of people screaming conspiracy theories from the top of their lungs, threatening with nuclear weapons, exclaiming how irrelevant every country is except Russia, blah blah blah. No self-reflection whatsoever. It's ridiculous.

Meanwhile, as we see in the linked statistics, a vast majority of Russians seem to agree with Putin's actions. It's bizarre.

So no, I'm not going to generalize. I believe there are very many Russians out there who are unhappy as well with Putin's regime, the question is how many are there that haven't migrated, exactly?
    First of all there is like... 6 Russians posting in here.
    Secondly, Ukraine should decide for itself how to run the country. That's why we have ELECTIONS and coups d'etat arent a viable option. That's absolutely not a democratic expression of the majority of Ukrainians.
    That's a violent imposition of a group of people over the rest.
    Why do you condemn Russia and not maidan?

Deleted
    Why do you condemn Russia and not maidan?
    Because Maidan is not invading foreign territory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenadieris View Post
    Where are you going with this exactly? I'm pointing out how a false argument was disproved easily. Hinting at the fact that perhaps you shouldn't talk about something you have no understanding of... What hatred? Are you high?
    I'm asking you that question. The poll says what it says. What's your point?
    That we can generalise?

- - - Updated - - -

Because Maidan is not invading foreign territory.
    Ah so you're ok with an undemocratic coup d'etat if it's local.
    Ok gotcha.

- - - Updated - - -

"Is this poll justification to generalize a people?"

Answer:
    "No. But..."

Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm asking you that question. The poll says what it says. What's your point?
    That we can generalise?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah so you're ok with an undemocratic coup d'etat if it's local.
    Ok gotcha.

- - - Updated - - -

"Is this poll justification to generalize a people?"

Answer:
    "No. But..."

Lol
    The poll isn't justification how you act is more than enough justification though

Deleted
    The poll isn't justification how you act is more than enough justification though
    And you know how all Russians act?

- - - Updated - - -

You know tierbook, many would argue the US have been the main culprit of 25 years of destabilisation and catastrophe in the middle east. Does that mean I can generalize on your people?

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind tierbook I mentioned the US only cause I'm talking to a us citizen.
    I could have said France, or Germany, or Israel, or Saudi Arabia, or China.

Edit: sorry guys if my sentences don't come up properly. T9 here is giving me a hard time.