Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Russia is an emerging market by old definition. If Russia keeps up the isolationist attitude, then it will stop being an emerging market because then Russia pulls out of the market.
    Except there is no "isolationist attitude" exhibited by anyone but US.

You're the one misunderstanding my point. Russia's economy isn't going to go back to how it was 30 years ago, but it will slow down dramatically until Russia's economy becomes predictable again so investors can safely invest in the country.
    Depending on how you count, "Going back to how it was 30 years ago" might be lower dip then 2008 crisis... You shouldn't underestimate USSR GDP numbers in 1980s, we overtook them only recently.

We have enough reserves to invest in everything we need ourselves. We just prefer to share, adding outside expertise and connections so that we remain closely intertwined in world trade system and thus cannot be easily isolated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malgin View Post
    Tell us please what kind of a market would Russia be if it stop being an emerging market.
    A normalized market, like many European countries, where growth is small and stable. Of course, if Russia remains dependant on gas exports it will not remain stable for very long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Except there is no "isolationist attitude" exhibited by anyone but US.

Depending on how you count, "Going back to how it was 30 years ago" might be lower dip then 2008 crisis... You shouldn't underestimate USSR GDP numbers in 1980s, we overtook them only recently.

We have enough reserves to invest in everything we need ourselves. We just prefer to share, adding outside expertise and connections so that we remain closely intertwined in world trade system and thus cannot be easily isolated.
    Same thing with you as Elim, I've stopped reading your posts so I'm not going to argue with you.

Deleted
    Russia is an emerging market by old definition. If Russia keeps up the isolationist attitude, then it will stop being an emerging market because then Russia pulls out of the market.

You're the one misunderstanding my point. Russia's economy isn't going to go back to how it was 30 years ago, but it will slow down dramatically until Russia's economy becomes predictable again so investors can safely invest in the country.

- - - Updated - - -

Well no, I don't really care about Russian culture, you can keep it without sacrificing the economy.
    Russia isolationist? Where did you read this stuff?
    No you have it wrong. The usa is pushing to isolate Russia. Russia doesn't want to isolate themselves. They receive 500 billions investments from Europe, they just opened to China... Russia cant pull out of the market what are you on about?
    Russia's economy might slow dramatically, Russia would still be an emerging market. That's the way their economic path they've followed in the last 25 is defined as. And that's pretty much where it ends.

- - - Updated - - -

a normalized market, like many European countries, where growth is small and stable. Of course, if Russia remains dependant on gas exports it will not remain stable for very long.

- - - Updated - - -

Same thing with you as Elim, I've stopped reading your posts so I'm not going to argue with you.
    Please tomat, this is getting painful to watch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Russia isolationist? Where did you read this stuff?
    No you have it wrong. The usa is pushing to isolate Russia. Russia doesn't want to isolate themselves. They receive 500 billions investments from Europe, they just opened to China... Russia cant pull out of the market what are you on about?
    Russia's economy might slow dramatically, Russia would still be an emerging market. That's the way their economic path they've followed in the last 25 is defined as. And that's pretty much where it ends.
    It's not emerging if the economy stops growing. And yes, Russia is isolating itself by invading Crimea, ignoring treaties and in general destabilizing.

Deleted
    It's not emerging if the economy stops growing. And yes, Russia is isolating itself by invading Crimea, ignoring treaties and in general destabilizing.
    How can... economy stop growing???

If you ask a conference room full of business executives how they would distinguish emerging markets from developed economies, variants of three stories will likely arise. Emerging markets such as Brazil, China, India and Russia, some will certainly say, are emerging by virtue of their recent fast economic growth.

The opening of these large economies to global capital, technology, and talent over the past two decades has fundamentally changed their economic and business environments. As a result, the GDP growth rates of these countries have dramatically outpaced those of more developed economies, lifting millions out of poverty and creating new middle classes–and vast new markets for consumer products and services. Large, low-cost and increasingly educated labor pools, meanwhile, give these markets tremendous competitive advantage in production, and information technology is enabling companies to exploit labor in these markets in unique ways.

Other executives will focus on emerging markets as emerging competitors. On the macro level, a landmark*Goldman Sachs*report published in 2003 forecast that the economies of Brazil, China, India and Russia could grow to be collectively larger than the G-6 economies (United States, Japan, United Kingdom, Germany, France and Italy) in U.S. dollar terms before the middle of the twenty-first century.

Commentator Fareed Zakaria sees this “rise of the rest” as a transformative, tectonic shift in the distribution of global power. Companies based in these economies, meanwhile, are already challenging multinationals based in the developed world–and not only in their home emerging markets. China-based*Lenovo*‘s purchase ofIBM*‘s personal computer business in 2004 and the acquisition of Jaguar and Land Rover by India’s*Tata Motors*in 2008 are only two examples of the increasing global mergers and acquisitions activity by emerging market-based firms. Some observers see the financial crisis of 2008–2009 as an inflection point, accelerating the emergence of these markets as dominant players in the global economy.

A deeper discussion might elicit a list of the persistent headaches of doing business in emerging markets. These markets, the executives might say, are prone to financial crises. Intellectual property rights are insecure. Navigating government bureaucracies can be thorny. Product quality is unreliable. Local talent is insufficient to staff operations. Reliably assessing customer credit is difficult. Overcoming impediments to distribution can be frustrating. Sorting through investment opportunities or performing due diligence on potential partners is often a guessing game. Others might throw up their hands and say that corruption is so endemic in emerging markets that the risks simply outweigh the potential rewards.

Based on many of these signs of emergence, some might say, emerging markets are not distinctly different from other markets; rather, they are simply starting from a lower base and rapidly catching up. Indicators such as the growing numbers of emerging market-based companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange or the*growing ranks of billionaires from emerging markets*listed annually by Forbes illustrate this trend.

Check the definition of emerging market, please.

It's just hilarious. How 1/6 of the world can be isolated? It would be fun if one day Russia will stop import goods.

Deleted
    Just in case you missed it:
    The opening of these large economies to global capital, technology, and talent over the past two decades has fundamentally changed their economic and business environments. As a result, the GDP growth rates of these countries have dramatically outpaced those of more developed economies, lifting millions out of poverty and creating new middle classes–and vast new markets for consumer products and services. Large, low-cost and increasingly educated labor pools, meanwhile, give these markets tremendous competitive advantage in production, and information technology is enabling companies to exploit labor in these markets in unique ways.
    No, this fabricated ukrainian crisis isnt going to reverse back 25 years of massive economic growth lol.

Deleted
    How can... economy stop growing???
    Growth is not a constant factor. The US does not have a constant 2% growth now does it?

- - - Updated - - -

Just in case you missed it:

No, this fabricated ukrainian crisis isnt going to reverse back 25 years of massive economic growth lol.
    I just said Russia isn't going back several years back in economic growth. On this very page. How can you miss that?

- - - Updated - - -

Check the definition of emerging market, please.

It's just hilarious. How 1/6 of the world can be isolated? It would be fun if one day Russia will stop import goods.
    It can be isolated. I'm not talking about North Korea-isolated, but it can be isolated enough to go into a deep recession.

Deleted
    Growth is not a constant factor. The US does not have a constant 2% growth now does it?

- - - Updated - - -

I just said Russia isn't going back several years back in economic growth. On this very page. How can you miss that?

- - - Updated - - -

It can be isolated. I'm not talking about North Korea-isolated, but it can be isolated enough to go into a deep recession.
    The US..... isnt an emerging market....... ..... emerging market IS an economy where growth has outpaced more developed countries due to opening up to free market. Does the usa fit into that category?

Right... so how exactly will they stop being an "emerging economy"?

Lol nope. Stop reading biased shitty news and start reading proper economic analysis. Isolating russia is something europe can't do unless they themselves want to experience the consequences. Untill that sweet sweet gas and oil keep coming out of Russia without A STABLE AND RELIABLE ALTERNATIVE, Russia cannot and will not be isolated. Plus it's great business for Europe...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

With the curent corruption level the isolation is the fking best thing west can do to Russia Really. If it would happen it won't last long. The next EU elections when anti-US politics come into power undo this. Meantime import from Asia can compensate everything...

Europe is to enegry dependant of Russia and with lowering the level of nucler energy it's impossible to compensate this.
    Last edited by malgin; 2014-06-16 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    With the curent corruption level the isolation is the fking best thing west can do to Russia Really. If it would happen it won't last long. The next EU elections when anti-US politics come into power undo this. Meantime import from Asia can compensate everything...
    If Europe starts isolating russia as in not allowing trade to happen between the two entities they get ruined but we get back to the donkey.

Deleted
    The US..... isnt an emerging market....... ..... emerging market IS an economy where growth has outpaced more developed countries due to opening up to free market. Does the usa fit into that category?
    It was an example to show that economic growth is not a constant.

Right... so how exactly will they stop being an "emerging economy"?
    Already told you multiple times. It's like you want to be illiterate.

Lol nope. Stop reading biased shitty news and start reading proper economic analysis. Isolating russia is something europe can't do unless they themselves want to experience the consequences. Untill that sweet sweet gas and oil keep coming out of Russia without A STABLE AND RELIABLE ALTERNATIVE, Russia cannot and will not be isolated. Plus it's great business for Europe...
    Already told you before as well, there are multiple ways for Europe to become independent with energy, including nuclear plants, Thorium plants, wave power etc. It just requires increased energy efficiency and research.

- - - Updated - - -

Europe is to enegry dependant of Russia and with lowering the level of nucler energy it's impossible to compensate this.
    What trends make you think the EU will become anti-US in the next four years?

Have you seen EU parmament resutls? The next president of France probably will be Marine Le Pen. Germans are against US oriented politics which Merkel perfoms either.

Deleted
    It was an example to show that economic growth is not a constant.

Already told you multiple times. It's like you want to be illiterate.

Already told you before as well, there are multiple ways for Europe to become independent with energy, including nuclear plants, Thorium plants, wave power etc. It just requires increased energy efficiency and research.

- - - Updated - - -

What... has that to do with the definition of "emerging market"?

So hold on a second. You keep being proven wrong pretty much be every economic organisation and STILL keep coming back as if you're right?
    Do you understand what an emerging market is? Can you read that definition posted by Forbes before?
    Do you understand that what you're trying does not make any sense whatsoever? You're saying that the sky isnt blue and with an aggressive attitude as well, instead of reading up and silently and humbly crawling back out of this discussion. Why do you do this? I know why I keep answering you, seen how easy it is to prove this particular point of yours wrong makes my answers extremely satisfying to write bur why do you keep coming back after being proved wrong by the whole world?

No there are no STABLE AND RELIABLE (god I even used caps) alternatives to Russian gas and oil as per now. Blame uncle tom's destabilising policies in the middle east.

Meanwhile gas deliveries to Ukraine are finally stopped:
    http://rt.com/business/166204-ukrain...ransit-prodan/

Deleted
    http://www.euronews.com/2014/06/16/g...-debts-passes/

It's ok they are probably going to tap off European resources anyway as they did before
    You sneaky Ukraine!

Deleted
    Have you seen EU parmament resutls? The next president of France probably will be Marine Le Pen. Germans are against US oriented politics which Merkel perfoms either.
    They're not anti-American, they're nationalist, and Germans are not against America either, in fact, the Germans are among the largest advocates for TTIP.

- - - Updated - - -

What... has that to do with the definition of "emerging market"?

So hold on a second. You keep being proven wrong pretty much be every economic organisation and STILL keep coming back as if you're right?
    Do you understand what an emerging market is? Can you read that definition posted by Forbes before?
    Do you understand that what you're trying does not make any sense whatsoever? You're saying that the sky isnt blue and with an aggressive attitude as well, instead of reading up and silently and humbly crawling back out of this discussion. Why do you do this? I know why I keep answering you, seen how easy it is to prove this particular point of yours wrong makes my answers extremely satisfying to write bur why do you keep coming back after being proved wrong by the whole world?

No there are no STABLE AND RELIABLE (god I even used caps) alternatives to Russian gas and oil as per now. Blame uncle tom's destabilising policies in the middle east.
    You keep saying I'm wrong but you are not counter-arguing my points, you just say that I'm wrong and being illiterate.

See what I mean with that this leads nowhere? I have to repeat my points like you are some dense kid and yet you do not understand. Because I just told you the energy alternatives. It's in the text that you just quoted.

Deleted
    Well it turns out as everyone has been saying for a while that Russia has been supporting the east ukraine rebellion all along. Putin is gonna come out and say that Russian tanks can be bought basically anywhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27849437

Quote Originally Posted by Fallenraven View Post
    Well it turns out as everyone has been saying for a while that Russia has been supporting the east ukraine rebellion all along. Putin is gonna come out and say that Russian tanks can be bought basically anywhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27849437
    This tanks were at military maneuvers in Lviv June,5.

End of the story.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're not anti-American, they're nationalist, and Germans are not against America either, in fact, the Germans are among the largest advocates for TTIP.[...]
    True, they are not anti-American, they don't want a unilateral dependency on the US either especially after the NSA scandal and whilst the government is advocating harshly for the TTIP the currently advocated form doesn't even find the 45% approval among the people here (and that includes the large lobby of medium-sized businesses!) it had in April anymore mainly because many people were left in the dark about the details. But it changed, its approval dropped down to 31% with 55% thinking that it's bringing more disadvantage than advantages (source). There's also been a huge grassroots campaign going on by Campact! which influenced the EU elections by quite a margin (cue in eurosceptic party suddenly gaining popularity and even winning significant amount of votes). If this trend is going on and the EU/government continues with their arrogance in this matter then shouldn't be surprised if they are losing more popularity. Heck, there is a reason why the liberaldemocrats formerly a strong party and traditionally trade advocates are all but dead now here. Arrogance and contempt towards the voter can occasionally sound the death knell for your faction - and it did. /endgloat
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2014-06-16 at 01:05 PM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!