10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    We're already getting cooperation from Hungary on South Stream.

Just need to deal with actual countries that have actual interests rather then this counter-productive EU-entity driven by bureaucracy.
    WoW Hungary tell me when you get an economic powerhouse like Greece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    WoW Hungary tell me when you get an economic powerhouse like Greece.
    Tierbook, are you serious with this immature sarcasm? -.-

The point is that Russia is far from alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Tierbook, are you serious with this immature sarcasm? -.-

The point is that Russia is far from alone.
    I would hardly call Janos Ader's comments concerning Russia as Hungary standing with Russia, more like they are using them for cheap energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drakus View Post
    Conflict is far from final, there will more sanctions. There will be no more Russia-EU cooperation. Not with current russian goverment, just watch tv and see what western politicians say, noone want to have anything to do with Putin, which is not trustworthy partner.Its fact.Even Germans started to saying that NATO need more soldiers in eastern europe, no matter what Russia will say...so there you go, damaged was done, you cant reset it like in 2008.
    Reuters: Further economic sanctions on Russia not planned, Merkel says
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It lasted 40 years last time.
    Situation is slightly different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drakus View Post
    Conflict is far from final, there will more sanctions. There will be no more Russia-EU cooperation. Not with current russian goverment, just watch tv and see what western politicians say, noone want to have anything to do with Putin, which is not trustworthy partner.Its fact.Even Germans started to saying that NATO need more soldiers in eastern europe, no matter what Russia will say...so there you go, damaged was done, you cant reset it like in 2008.
    That's interesting.
    Make sure you stock on supply should your scenario ever realize.
    You seem to be unaware of the current level of involvement between Europe and Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Situation is slightly different.
    Yes, slightly. Russia was quite a lot stronger back then. But we're definitely not far from a cold war footing right now.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, slightly. Russia was quite a lot stronger back then. But we're definitely not far from a cold war footing right now.
    It's already going downhill. No one is interested in investing into Ukraine more than it takes for anti-Russian campaign to go on. As soon as the expenses outweigh the profit, Kiev junta will be left on their own, much like Saakashvili in 2008.

15-20 YEARS?!?! You think this absurd situation will last 15-20 years?!
    I never said that this incident would last 15-20 years... I said that Russia wouldn't be able to build their own for at least 15-20 years.

They need a decade(give or take a year or two)to upgrade their existing shipyards, and create the tech needed to build the modern day military ships. Tech which they do not have atm, and will not have access to due to sanctions.

once they finished that monumental task, they then need to actually build the ships.... something they do at a painfully slow rate already.

So yes, 15-20 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    It's already going downhill. No one is interested in investing into Ukraine more than it takes for anti-Russian campaign to go on. As soon as the expenses outweigh the profit, Kiev junta will be left on their own, much like Saakashvili in 2008.
    Except that they have been given over 13 billion in aid and assistance from US, EU, Canada and Germany. Aid ranging from updating infrastructure, to helping Ukraine pay it's gas and of course non-lethal aid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    Except that they have been given over 13 billion in aid and assistance from US, EU, Canada and Germany. Aid ranging from updating infrastructure, to helping Ukraine pay it's gas and of course non-lethal aid.
    How many "enemy of our enemy" regimes have been sponsored throughout even last decades? And where did it lead every time?

I'm pretty sure that when Russia starts waging economic war with resources, similarly to what we're doing now, you'll be ""strongly condemning their immoral imperialistic acts!!"
    I doubt Russia would use their resources in an actual economic "war", just like the west arent going to use pharmaceuticals or medical equipment as a way of sanctions.

Deleted
    Apart of course the billions our banks and business share with Russia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    I never said that this incident would last 15-20 years... I said that Russia wouldn't be able to build their own for at least 15-20 years.

They need a decade(give or take a year or two)to upgrade their existing shipyards, and create the tech needed to build the modern day military ships. Tech which they do not have atm, and will not have access to due to sanctions.

once they finished that monumental task, they then need to actually build the ships.... something they do at a painfully slow rate already.

So yes, 15-20 years.

- - - Updated - - -

No they haven't.
    The imf gave 3.2 billions in may. Did they give more? Plus a billion between copper change here and there.
    Money from imf is not guaranteed if Ukraine keeps fucking up reforms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    This mantra of yours is amazing.

Yes, there are billions of cross-investments from Russia-EU and vice-versa.

Does Putn give a shit about them?
    No, clearly he has done everything to shit on that - nor he cares about their own economy,aswell has done everything he could to put already stagnant Russian economy (forecests done last December) in to reccession mode.

I could spam literally dozen of articles from this week alone that show the ugly truth about their domestic problems and course that is has only 1 way - south. Tho they all are in Russian.
    This morning alone came a study showing that business centres in Moscow are either closing or loosing clients in a hilarious speed,with further plans being put on either a long-term hold or Western companies scrapping contracts as such.
    And slowly but steadily, one by one their deputies all over industries are coming out saying what was obvious to most of us - ''importzemesheniye'' is a bluff and wont work.

Has EU with its sanctions showed that it cares about that so much that it`ll jeopordize its strategic long-term goals and remodel its policy to accomodate that?
    No,last 11 months have shown that clearly - I truly feel sorry for you, this year has been disastrous for delusions and ''I-wish-that-happens'' that your kind has.

Quit repeating it over and over again,you are starting to remind a megaphone on a loop.
    Vitriol on post.
    Look I know you can't control your rage when talking about Russia and putin. Thats not our fault though so try and keep tones down alright? We already have a skroesec thank you.
    What mantra? The fuck you on about?
    You want European bank to lose their investments? Do you want European businesses to lose their investments? Cause that is what's going to happen if we keep allowing the likes of you in the greater political debate.
    "BUT PUTIN BAAAAAAAD"
    Yes putin cares about those investments otherwise he would have done more. After all, without those investments the country would be in trouble. Yes Europe cares about this investments otherwise they would have done more. After all, without those investments the EU will be in trouble.

This is mathematics, not up for debate.
    Less then a decade after the second world war, Germany Italy France and benelux got together to create what would eventually evolve in the EU.
    Look at you. It's been 25 years and you're still unable to move forward.
    It's understandable but DON'T MAKE IT OUR PROBLEM.

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-11-15 at 05:14 AM.

Look at you. It's been 25 years and you're still unable to move forward.
    It's understandable but DON'T MAKE IT OUR PROBLEM.
    Get Ukraine into EU asap and you will revisit your understanding of PROBLEM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    Yeah, but Ukraine isn't going to get into the EU ASAP so it's not really worth analyzing about.

Deleted
    Why would we do that?

Why would we do that?
    Cause according to Cynep and other pro-EU Ukranians "it is where they belong to" ! Your are the family! Aren't you happy about incoming union with your new-found bruddas?

Why would we do that?
    Because Carl Bildt, Catherine Ashton and McCain promised that at the Maidan. Where is all of the financial support?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Because Carl Bildt, Catherine Ashton and McCain promised that at the Maidan. Where is all of the financial support?
    Probably where Iraq WMDs are.

Deleted
    Cause according to Cynep and other pro-EU Ukranians "it is where they belong to" ! Your are the family! Aren't you happy about incoming union with your new-found bruddas?
    He's not.

Ukrainians might belong in the EU but they'll still have to reach the criterias needed to join.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    He's not.

Ukrainians might belong in the EU but they'll still have to reach the criterias needed to join.
    They've already reached the criteria needed to be thrown at Russia though