Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    There is no bias. I agree that not all of them feel that way but most of them do.
    I'm not basing my opinion on hearsay, it is based on polls and articles related on russians living in frozen conflict zones, and like it or not, they really do think that way.
    Mentally, most of them still have the cold war mindset and western aggressor paranoia caused by decades of brainwashing. This way of thinking is especially predominant in people over 45+.
    For example, Moldavians and Ukrainians in Transnistria are not allowed to speak their native languages. Children are being punished for speaking anything other than russian in school.
    They are paranoid that Romania will one day invade and enslave them (lol) even though most romanians I know don't give a damn about the region.
    People living there are still nostalgic for the soviet times and hope that Russia will one day annex them, even though Russia doesn't recognize them as a country and only uses them as a tool to prevent Moldova from establishing further relations with the EU.

But hey, don't believe me because i'm a biased generalizer who gets off by slandering russians. Go do your own research... you'll reach similar conclusions.
    "What I am saying has no bias" is about as credible as American media saying that it has no bias.
    Also, you are biased if you think an entire group is paranoid/stupid for your personal experiences with 5-10.
    Doesn't matter what else you say. You are biased. (and bigoted on top of it)

- - - Updated - - -

Your wife is worth more than him, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    "What I am saying has no bias" is about as credible as American media saying that it has no bias.
    Also, you are biased if you think an entire group is paranoid/stupid for your personal experiences with 5-10.
    Doesn't matter what else you say. You are biased. (and bigoted on top of it)

- - - Updated - - -

Your wife is worth more than him, dude.
    So it is wrong for me to form an opinion based on interactions with a limited sample of a group but ok for you to hand wave the flaws of the same group without knowing anything about them but their ethnicity, just because you love Russia?
    Ok, well, at least I know now where we stand on the issue.

So it is wrong for me to form an opinion based on interactions with a limited sample of a group but ok for you to hand wave the flaws of the same group without knowing anything about them but their ethnicity, just because you love Russia?
    Ok, well, at least I know now where we stand on the issue.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization

"Hasty generalization is an informal fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence"

Yes, it is wrong for you to form such an idea. It's called "prejudice". Don't know what you mean by handwaving, but you must be assuming my "alrightness" with Russia. And I should have you know I am opposed to a lot of Russia's positions. I'm not in love with it, and I have no intention of moving there. Or living there.

Of course, you can do what you want with that information. Take it, leave it, I don't really care. But it's there and not assumptions.
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless

Deleted
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization

"Hasty generalization is an informal fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence"

Yes, it is wrong for you to form such an idea. It's called "prejudice". Don't know what you mean by handwaving, but you must be assuming my "alrightness" with Russia. And I should have you know I am opposed to a lot of Russia's positions. I'm not in love with it, and I have no intention of moving there. Or living there.

Of course, you can do what you want with that information. Take it, leave it, I don't really care. But it's there and not assumptions.
    You completely missed the point, or ignored it on purpose. Can't say I'm surprised.

Anyways, it seems the new Russian-Chinese gas pact was over-hyped:
    http://www.bloombergview.com/article...eal?cmpid=yhoo

http://www.forbes.com/sites/pikerese...r-u-s-exports/

Russia and China’s grand bargain on energy, a 30-year, $400 billion deal to pipe natural gas from Russia’s Far East to China, has prompted much commentary on the agreement’s potential to reshape global energy markets and tilt the balance of influence in Ukraine and, more broadly, in Europe.
    Indeed, U.S. petroleum exports reached 3.5 million barrels a day in 2013, roughly double the level of 5 years ago, according to the Energy Information Administration. Proponents of increased LNG exports argue that the gas export boom will bring in billions in profits for American companies, create thousands of high-paying jobs, and reduce the influence of undesirable LNG suppliers, i.e., Vladimir Putin’s Russia.

All of that is, potentially, true. But there are signals that, even before the Russo-Chinese gas deal, natural gas advocates were overstating the potential market. And with China building pipelines to ship LNG across Central Asia, the market opportunity is dwindling fast.

The United States has been slow off the mark in building export capacity. Thirty-one applications for LNG export licenses have been approved since 2011; only seven have been approved, six conditionally.
    Interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    Hey gais, was browsing through liveleak and found this

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bc3_1415985472

Supposedly a satellite image of a jet shooting down that Malaysian airliner. Probably fake yes?
    Very likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Your story if you forgot:

No sourced material. Lots of claims, nothing to back them up. No conclusion, a.k.a. No point you made. Just shooting blanks and hoping to hit something.
    I wonder why I didn't see you say the same thing to Djalil since he was the one who threw out a lot of shit, with no backing up...
    I'm shooting blanks?
    Beginning of protests, peaceful, no 'extreme violence' to be seen in sight: http://www.newsru.com/world/22nov2013/ukr.html
    The sudden turnaround towards russia: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe...417227621.html
    Yanukovich meets with Putin (allegedly they sign a discount trade agreement, but that's officially denied) http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_1...pokesman-8639/
    Should I go on? You already look stupid with your '80%' claim, I don't want to embarrass you even more... You clearly have done no research into this so I'm not sure why you are even trying...

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadieris View Post
    I wonder why I didn't see you say the same thing to Djalil since he was the one who threw out a lot of shit, with no backing up...
    I'm shooting blanks?
    Beginning of protests, peaceful, no 'extreme violence' to be seen in sight: http://www.newsru.com/world/22nov2013/ukr.html
    The sudden turnaround towards russia: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe...417227621.html
    Yanukovich meets with Putin (allegedly they sign a discount trade agreement, but that's officially denied) http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_1...pokesman-8639/
    Should I go on? You already look stupid with your '80%' claim, I don't want to embarrass you even more... You clearly have done no research into this so I'm not sure why you are even trying...
    You have sources. So what is your point? You didn't state it before and you haven't done it now.

Also a cute insult. You're embarrassing yourself. Not sure why you're trying to "talk" me down.

Deleted
    5/30/2014

Interesting indeed, but also a bit out of date.

Deleted
    I'm shooting blanks?
    Still talking?
    I thought I answered all your points.
    you talking about embarrassment? Funny.

protests were violent from the beginning. As early as 30 November.
    turnaround towards russia was expected since that deal was better.

5/30/2014

Interesting indeed, but also a bit out of date.
    Yeah, sorry about that. I'll get this Reuter's link instead to remedy it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0IU17K20141110

It discusses that another deal went through but due to American oil exports it raises doubts. So pretty much "second deal, speculation inc"

This part particularly was interesting to me: ""The price of Russian gas is linked to that of oil. Since May, the value of the Chinese contract shrank to $300 billion. The low price of oil complicates the price negotiation," said Mikhail Korchemkin, a director of U.S.-based consultancy East European Gas Analysis."

it went from 400 to 300 due to oil-currency linkage.

Deleted
    You have sources. So what is your point? You didn't state it before and you haven't done it now.

Also a cute insult. You're embarrassing yourself. Not sure why you're trying to "talk" me down.
    I've made my point before if you have difficulty reading I can't help you... Djalil was exaggerating and I noted that. You really need to pay attention if you want to debate this. So I've proven you wrong again ('shooting blanks' etc.) your only response is 'you're not saying anything'... What? haha Nice comeback though, repeated what I've said. I don't need to 'try' anything, you've clearly made a fool out of yourself.

I've made my point before if you have difficulty reading I can't help you... Djalil was exaggerating and I noted that. You really need to pay attention if you want to debate this. So I've proven you wrong again ('shooting blanks' etc.) your only response is 'you're not saying anything'... What? haha Nice comeback though, repeated what I've said. I don't need to 'try' anything, you've clearly made a fool out of yourself.
    You made no POINT. You listed your facts, yes, and backed them up, yes. But what is your point? (Hint: It means conclusion)

Wasn't going to post until progression was over, but considering you cannot actually play World of Warcraft at the moment, I present, America's trampoline (as the Putinistas call it).

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2014/...a-iv-h-rocket/

The Exploration Flight Test -1 (EFT-1) Orion has taken her final journey on terra firma, following rollout to the Delta IV-Heavy that is tasked with lofting her on a key test flight next month. The first flight worthy Orion will be mated with the United Launch Alliance (ULA) rocket later this week, ahead of the final readiness reviews to approve the mission.

The EFT-1 Orion was born out of many models of similar appearance, ranging from Ground Test Articles (GTAs) to small scale simulators, all with the purpose of providing the data and know-how that will allow EFT-1 to fly and fly well.

While EFT-1 is a test mission, with no crew on board, this will be a one-off flight that will have to be successful if Exploration Mission -1 (EM-1) is not to be delayed further than the current target of September 20, 2018.

A lot is riding on this first Orion to fly in space, ranging from the Critical Design Review (CDR) next year, through to political support for a program that has yet to provide a “realistic” roadmap towards the ultimate goal of sending humans to Mars.

EFT-1’s journey from the first welds at the Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF) in New Orleans through to Wednesday’s 22 mile trip to the launch pad has been three years in the making. The mission will last just a few hours.

This first flight, scheduled to launch on the morning of December 4, will see EFT-1 Orion being launched on the ULA Delta IV-H rocket, lofted to 3,600 miles beyond Earth, before returning at a velocity of approximately 20,000 mph for a splashdown in the Pacific Ocean.

The mission will be the first and last time an Orion will be carried uphill by the Delta IV-H. Orion’s future is exclusively dedicated to the Space Launch System (SLS) from Pad 39B at the Kennedy Space Center (KSC).

3600 miles by the way, is the furthest a man-rated vehicle has traveled since the end of the Apollo Program in 1972. The International Space Station by contrast, the furthest Russian Soyuz can travel, is a mere 200 miles up. The trajectory and distance is to simulate the physics of a high speed reentry from a capsule returning from Mars.

Maybe when Russia isn't busy threatening the US with Nuclear Bomber Patrols it can't actually fly (and won't), then can look under the sofa for some spare change and finance a trampoline as awesome as ours.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2014-11-14 at 09:27 PM.

Would've been an even cooler post without the obvious e-peen comparison.
    Still neat though. A tad off-topic since there's no mention of Russia anywhere in there.

Would've been an even cooler post without the obvious e-peen comparison.
    Still neat though. A tad off-topic since there's no mention of Russia anywhere in there.
    Not really, considering that we've talked about competition in space dozens of times in this thread and geopolitical tensions have had a direct impact on present and near-future space planning... AND considering the trampoline comment was made by a Deputy Prime Minister... yeah I'd say it's damn relevant.

This is pretty much living proof of the hollowness of Russian derision of the US Space Program since the Shuttle retired... ripping on us for being paying customers for Soyuz seats. That was a choice we made, because $50 million per seat, twice a year, is cheaper than sending the Space Shuttle up for $600 million - $1.1 billion per flight, 6 times per year. And with that money, this is part of what we built (the other part flies in March 2018 with the top half of this).

Maybe we should sell sell Russians Orions eats when they don't fly the Soyuz to pay for it's successor. Oh wait we shouldn't, because we shouldn't share Solar system exploration (and one day colonization) with Russia.

Considering that the article you posted was not on par with the current discussion, yes really. I would've understood if there were implications towards Russia within it, but there's nothing but your own views projected after the quotes.

"trampoline" comment not in the article.

The only thing connecting this is your own volition to tie it to Russia, as the link has nothing to do with it. Though if you want to derail into Russia v US space programs, then we could do that. It's quiet now.

Considering that the article you posted was not on par with the current discussion, yes really. I would've understood if there were implications towards Russia within it, but there's nothing but your own views projected after the quotes.

"trampoline" comment not in the article.

The only thing connecting this is your own volition to tie it to Russia, as the link has nothing to do with it. Though if you want to derail into Russia v US space programs, then we could do that. It's quiet now.
    I missed the part where someone appointed Aeno from who-the-fuck-cares-where as the judge of relevancy and arbiter of the course of the conversation.

Guess I didn't get the memo.

By the way, that was a very nice way of me saying, I don't give a shit what you think and will post whatever I fucking please.

You're allowed to post whatever you want as long as it follows MMO-C Rules and General Off-Topic Rules, so you're right on that front.

Somebody's a little cranky, though. Wake up on the wrong side of the trampoline?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Still talking?
    I thought I answered all your points.
    you talking about embarrassment? Funny.

protests were violent from the beginning. As early as 30 November.
    turnaround towards russia was expected since that deal was better.
    I'm talking to the other person as well, calm down. Also I'm not sure what I have to do with you fighting with your wife... Maybe you should sort your life out before trying to discus this topic on the internet then... Pretty sure your wife is more important than I am.
    Also that Yanukovich offer you linked was on the table only AFTER people had died and the protests had been going on for what? 4 months? Of course no-one wanted him to stay in power, are you kidding me? He let the country go to shit and all those people die before he finally realised 'Maybe I should let them have it'. That's just pure greed.
    And yes, if you have thousands of people, all over from Ukraine knocking on your presidential door, saying they are not happy with the decisions you've just made - yes you should listen to them! You really think people go to protest just because they have nothing better to do??? Nowadays when most people don't get out of the bed for free, if you somehow manage to piss off majority of your population so badly that they start to kick your door in, then yeah, you should step down.
    And the other deal was better? Lol yeah in short term yes and if you wanted to have Putin control you, sure. Since you know, russians could waive their discount at any moment if they didn't like ANYTHING about the way Ukraine behaved. This is like instead of fixing the door that is too small to fit your new sofa in, you go ahead and just buy a mini-sofa. Where as EU offered long term deals and plans and in return they would have very little control over Ukrainian leadership. Many people wanted their country to be more independent from russia (cause surprise surprise people are sick of the goold-old-USSR-like-corruption levels), that's why they wanted the EU deal. That is the whole point.
    And protests were violent, no doubt, but in they began peacefully and there was no 'extreme violence' like you claimed. That's the point I was making.
    Last edited by mmoc6bd40011e3; 2014-11-14 at 09:52 PM.