10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    The top responses from looking up Khibiny jamming in relation to USS Cook are Abovetopsecret.com, liveleak.com and godlikeproductions.com..... another thing to note is that the ship attempted to contact the Russian pilot but received no response, I find it doubtful that they would have been able to do so if the jamming equipment was actually used.
    What "actually" happened was the Russian aircraft jammed itself, thus making it think it had jammed the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Noone could sit on their hands and watch what was happening in Kosovo, you're right that the US were fighting in Europe, did they invade and annex parts of another country? no.
    Drop this "annexation" already, it's absolutely irrelevant here.
    "Could not ignore what was happening in Kosovo" was media campaign first and foremost. Guess what - we still have media campaign about Evil Nazi committing atrocities in Ukraine ongoing too :P

Look if Ukraine were infact doing what seems to have happened in Ulmita's bubble, I would have agreed with Russian troops taking action in Crimea, but it still would not support Russia doing a landgrab from Ukraine.
    Landgrab was linked to EUROPEAN actions and had less to do with Ukrainian actions (though they didn't help); we felt our naval Black Sea Fleet base was unsafe when both EU and US refused to produce guarantees of us keeping them according to our long-term agreements, and had to defend it by any means necessary.

It just happened that easiest way to provide absolute safety was getting them back into Russia - idea which also happened have huge local support. Two birds with one stone!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You link a comedian to push your argument? the half read articles of yours were better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Landgrab was linked to EUROPEAN actions
    Thats what Hitler said seriously its not better in any way than the anschluss.

You link a comedian to push your argument? the half read articles of yours were better.
    Its just another huge whataboutism try since the comedian has no agenda he can get away with it and say both partys are fucked up he doesnt need a qualitative distinction.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-12-06 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    That was all about trying to bypass ukraine and trading more mutually beneficial.
    The pipeline via Turkey will be longer, but most of it will be on land instead of under water which will make it cheaper. It will also make the Israel-Cyprus-Greece pipeline less economically feasible which is a huge win for Turkey (they dont like those countries at all).

The new route is a huge win for Russia and Turkey and a huge lost opportunity for Southern Europe with only Brussels to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Drop this "annexation" already, it's absolutely irrelevant here.
    "Could not ignore what was happening in Kosovo" was media campaign first and foremost. Guess what - we still have media campaign about Evil Nazi committing atrocities in Ukraine ongoing too :P

Landgrab was linked to EUROPEAN actions and had less to do with Ukrainian actions (though they didn't help); we felt our naval Black Sea Fleet base was unsafe when both EU and US refused to produce guarantees of us keeping them according to our long-term agreements, and had to defend it by any means necessary.

It just happened that easiest way to provide absolute safety was getting them back into Russia - idea which also happened have huge local support. Two birds with one stone!
    The annexation is not irrelevant, you cant compare kosovo for several reasons, the fact that noone was out for a landgrab is one of them.

So you annexed it for the military base? god I guess that leaves an open door for the US to annex alot of land if the country in which their bases reside turn anti-american.

Did you consider moving your troops out of the country that possibly did not want you there? apparently with good reason.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What him being a comedian has to do with anything he says? Are you implying if something is said by a comedian it is automatically not true or something?

- - - Updated - - -

god I guess that leaves an open door for the US to annex alot of land if the country in which their bases reside turn anti-american.
    You mean Guantanamo?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What him being a comedian has to do with anything he says? Are you implying if something is said by a comedian it is automatically not true or something?

- - - Updated - - -

You mean Guantanamo?
    Its not comedy its political satire what he does but he still uses hyperboles and hence is mostly not useable in any rational discussion.

The new route is a huge win for Russia and Turkey and a huge lost opportunity for Southern Europe with only Brussels to blame.
    Sure the blame game thats your favorite.

He's doing a show, do you think that all comedians doing a show are speaking the truth?

Nm I forgot, you trust rt.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You mean Guantanamo?
    Its leased, not annexed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Its leased, not annexed.
    Not for lack of trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for lack of trying.
    No, it is better leased.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's doing a show, do you think that all comedians doing a show are speaking the truth?

I don't know what ALL comedians do.
    Do you?

Does this particular comedian do it? Did you catch him lying or something? Or perhaps hit the nail and you just dismissed what he said by the means of ad hominem? "He's a comedian"

Nm I forgot, you trust rt.
    I don't watch TV and I don't trust anyone I judge on case by case basis.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

No, it is better leased.
    Bay of Pigs, 1904 invasion, 1916 invasion and many other attempts to overthrow their governments say otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its leased, not annexed.
    Potatoe Potahtoh

It is defacto annexed. Because Cuba ended the lease and you are still there

Deleted
    Funfact Pispers can broadcast his show using german state media because we have a rather free pluralistic press.

Do you allow such voices in Russian state media?

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Do you allow such voices in Russian state media?
    Westerner - "I have the freedom to talk shit about my president!"
    Russian - "Big deal. I also have the right to talk shit about your president."

10+ Year Old Account
    Bay of Pigs, 1904 invasion, 1916 invasion and many other attempts to overthrow their governments say otherwise.
    After 1902, when we said Cuba was free and not a part of the US anymore after wining it from Spain we retained the right in intervene in Cuban affairs, we only exercised this in 1906 after an armed insurrection against the government. The Bay of pigs was rather standard for the Cold war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Westerner - "I have the freedom to talk shit about my president!"
    Russian - "Big deal. I also have the right to talk shit about your president."
    Westener: I can talk shit about your President too and its actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    After 1902, when we said Cuba was free and not a part of the US anymore after wining it from Spain we retained the right in intervene in Cuban affairs, we only exercised this in 1906 after an armed insurrection against the government. The Bay of pigs was rather standard for the Cold war.
    Its just a landgrab dont defend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Potatoe Potahtoh

It is defacto annexed. Because Cuba ended the lease and you are still there
    Cuba can't end the lease, since 1934 the lease can't have been ended without mutual agreements on the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.