10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malgin View Post
    USA is famous of making such deals. Robbing indians, mexicans, and even russians in the end

Last and the best deal was purchase of Ukraine for cookies.
    Robbed Russians huh? As I said you're the ones who wanted the deal in the first place Alaska was considered a desolate wasteland when we got it. Though we immediately found gold and eventually oil gotta say that was lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also the Cuba wants you out - and you refuse.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Really, go read some history books. California and Alaska were Russian colonies in Americas.
    I guarantee I've read more about Kievan Rus and Russian history than you have, and I'm an American... How about you try reading full forum posts before commenting on them - start small.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    We left the Phillipines and Guam when they asked us to. Puerto Rico just voted to become the 51st state last year and is suppose to go to Congress this year. Cuba we helped revolt against Spain and return asked for a military outpost to permanently rent. That rent is still the same amount without inflation as when we made the deal, like only $15k a year - yeah that seems not right, but they made the deal.
    well Guam is still part of the US, not that any blood was spilled over it, we just sent a single ship to take the island over and the Spaniards had no gunpowder to fight with.
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Also the Ukraine wasn't you out - and you refuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Deal was made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Robbed Russians huh? As I said you're the ones who wanted the deal in the first place Alaska was considered a desolate wasteland when we got it. Though we immediately found gold and eventually oil gotta say that was lucky.
    Notice they have to mention things that happened 200 years ago to justify actions that Russia is taking now in the 21st century. Just hilarious.

We left the Phillipines and Guam when they asked us to. Puerto Rico just voted to become the 51st state last year and is suppose to go to Congress this year. Cuba we helped revolt against Spain and return asked for a military outpost to permanently rent. That rent is still the same amount without inflation as when we made the deal, like only $15k a year - yeah that seems not right, but they made the deal.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philipp...93American_War

Puerto Rico also doesn't really want statehood, as at the moment it benefits from being a protectorate but has its own laws. It will probably sit on some desk in congress. Cuba we also tried to control via government figureheads from the rebel army.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

Deleted
    Notice they have to mention things that happened 200 years ago to justify actions that Russia is taking now in the 21st century. Just hilarious.
    Don't worry about Alaska. Russia can only poach land from smaller nations that can't fight back.

It was you who posted false statement in first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Deal was made.
    Under duress. The deal stinks. Any decent country would have nullified it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    You're claiming that the US took Russia unfairly....

- - - Updated - - -

Under duress. The deal stinks. Any decent country would have nullified it.
    Like Kalningrad? Granted it's a larger area the basis is the same.... though at least the US hasn't repopulated our area.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Don't worry about Alaska. Russia can only poach land from smaller nations that can't fight back.
    Haha. It reminds me another country.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guarantee I've read more about Kievan Rus and Russian history than you have
    Oh, you guarantee, eh? Prove it then

Says he that proves nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russians making claims without sources or facts its getting to be an association like Americans and cheeseburgers, French and Baguettes, and Scots and Kilts. Guess it just comes with the territory - the territory they 'peaceably annex' that was theirs all along - lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Kalningrad?
    What about it? it was conquered in a war fair and square and Germans conceded any rights to it.

While in the case of Cuba the deal was made in such a way that only US can void it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be back after my Pharmacology exam, and we'll chat, mmk? =) Toodles...

You're claiming that the US took Russia unfairly....

- - - Updated - - -

Like Kalningrad? Granted it's a larger area the basis is the same.... though at least the US hasn't repopulated our area.

You did actually. US payed nearly nothing for leasing it and in the end of the day just lost all documents about leasing and said to everyone to shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about it? it was conquered in a war fair and square and Germans conceded any rights to it.

While in the case of Cuba the deal was made in such a way that only US can void it.
    So givin this we can agree that gains in the Spanish-American and Mexican-American have no basis being talked about?