Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    How has it backfired? The Russian financial crisis is thrashing their country. They even nabbed the second place spot in The Economist's crony-capitalism index. And the sanctions were not just American pushed, as numerous EU states pushed for harder sanctions on Russia than what America had, especially during the third round. My point is it has not backfired. Yes, there are always economic repercussions when trade is slowed or stopped, but the difference between what Europe is feeling and what Russia is feeling is pretty damn significant.
    Of course it's not backfired, I bet you're going to invent some reason why euro devalued almost 20%.

I can't wait for you to say Greece or whatever. It backfired not against rouble if you are so hard to get what's being said. It backfired against USD which is pretty much untouched, what they sanction, unlike EU, are russian accounts to steal their money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Which part of stop nitpicking the article and read it do you not get. She's basically under house arrest, and you don't put witnesses under house arrest.
    Why has she brought him to the place he was killed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    The oil prices are the main culprit, not the sanctions. Secondly check the list of sanctions, count how many are effectuated by the US and how many by the EU. And you complain about Russians posting falsehoods here?
    Yeah, I do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Of course it's not backfired, I bet you're going to invent some reason why euro devalued almost 20%.

I can't wait for you to say Greece or whatever. It backfired not against rouble if you are so hard to get what's being said. It backfired against USD which is pretty much untouched, what they sanction, unlike EU, are russian accounts to steal their money.
    I don't think you know what backfired means.
    (of a plan or action) rebound adversely on the originator; have the opposite effect to what was intended.
    It's had the effect it was intended to have. As I said in my last post, there are always economic repercussions when trade is slowed or stopped, but the difference between Europe is feeling what Russia is feeling is pretty damn significant. I mean, the USD is worth double against the ruble as it was 2 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Why has she brought him to the place he was killed?
    I assume you're asking why they were walking outside in front of the Kremlin.

I don't know, haven't you walked outside your nation's government building?

I mean, in Canada you can have picnics in front of the Parliament Building...

But yes I see your point. It doesn't change the fact that Djalil is nitpicking horribly.

So you deliberately ignore the paragraph Criticism which basically says the opposite of your "as numerous EU states pushed for harder sanctions on Russia than what America had, especially during the third round."

Yeah, I do.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you know what backfired means.
    It's had the effect it was intended to have. As I said in my last post, there are always economic repercussions when trade is slowed or stopped, but the difference between Europe is feeling what Russia is feeling is pretty damn significant. I mean, the USD is worth double against the ruble as it was 2 years ago.
    And the difference between Europe and USA is large as well. You don't need to tell me, I feel it already since my salary is in euro. Anyway anything is better than in hryvnia.

I thought the effect was to, ugh, make Russia change its external politics? Or get rid of Crimea? Do you honestly think sanctions were intended only to harm Russian economic? God, so much for the stand of pro-west guys, now I understand the reason of your posts more.
    Last edited by Megraam; 2015-03-02 at 09:53 PM.

Deleted
    Which part of stop nitpicking the article and read it do you not get. She's basically under house arrest, and you don't put witnesses under house arrest.
    She's the main witness in this case.
    Her words are "I'm held as witness".
    Still... she's held as suspect for you.

And the reason you say that is?

So you deliberately ignore the paragraph Criticism which basically says the opposite of your "as numerous EU states pushed for harder sanctions on Russia than what America had, especially during the third round."
    Why do you consistently go into spin mode when people provide evidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post

How deliberate of ignorance of house arrest are you being right now?

Deleted
    I assume you're asking why they were walking outside in front of the Kremlin.

I don't know, haven't you walked outside your nation's government building?

I mean, in Canada you can have picnics in front of the Parliament Building...

But yes I see your point. It doesn't change the fact that Djalil is nitpicking horribly.
    What the fuck are you talking about.
    You said she's held as suspect.
    SHE SAID SHE ISN'T.

And you're still fucking talking?
    Ah just shut up will you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    On something more relevant to this thread:
    And the rebel prime minister admitted to Russian trained fighers and military equipment are intervening.
    The rebel region's new prime minister Alexander Zakharchenko said in a video after Strelkov’s resignation that 1,200 fighters trained in Russia and more than 100 military vehicles were joining the fight. He later denied making the comments.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0GK0NO20140820
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account

The armed guards at her apartment and not being able to go where she wants. So in other words: HOUSE ARREST.

When was the last time you put a WITNESS under HOUSE ARREST.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You do if there is a clear intention to flee the country.
    Or if there is a possible threat to your life?
    I don't know though. I'm not a man of law.

10+ Year Old Account
    That some EU leaders have criticized it? Color me surprised.
    On 11 September 2014, US President Barack Obama said that the United States would join the EU in imposing tougher sanctions on Russia's financial, energy and defence sectors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh-oh. Already out of arguments. Well that was quick.

SHE SAID SHE ISN'T.

It is customary to not allow "witnesses" to go outside and do errands?
    My sig shows what will happen next.

SHE SAID SHE ISN'T.

You should know Team US by now: when you show them their errors, it's YOU who's wrong. Like Jaxi claiming something while the Wikipedia article he sources as proof says exactly the opposite. Or like Tomatketchup several times today replying to a post he didn't read, but then keeps defending his own stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

That some EU leaders have criticized it? Color me surprised.
    And that doesn't diminish the fact that you posted falsehoods...

The third round of sanctions was faced with criticism by numerous EU politicians, businesspeople and officials who saw them as counterproductive and/or harmful to the European economy. The Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban stated that Europe “shot itself in foot” by introducing economic sanctions.[48] In the words of the Bulgarian Prime Minister Boiko Borisov: “I don’t know how Russia is affected by the sanctions, but Bulgaria is affected severely”;[49] Czech President Milos Zeman also argued that the sanctions should be lifted.[50]

According to Franco Frattini,[51] Romano Prodi,[52] and Thierry Mariani,[53] the sanctions have no negative consequences for the U. S., but can be costly for the European Union; Frattini also expressed concern that Russia could make a turn to the East, severing economic ties with Europe in favor of China and Asian countries. His succeedor Paolo Gentilioni agreed that the sanctions “are not the solution to the conflict”.[54] Conversely, the German Economy Minister Sigmar Gabriel said that the sanctions are harming Russia more than Germany; however, he suggested that the conflict should be resolved by dialogue rather than economic confrontation and "NATO sabre-rattling on the Russian border".[55] In January 2015 he added that the reinforcement of anti-Russian sanctions will “provoke an even more dangerous situation… in Europe”.[56]

The German business sector, with around 30000 workplaces depending on trade with Russia, reported being hit by the sanctions,[57] and pressured Angela Merkel to remove them. A number of business figures, like Heinrich Weiss, retracted their support for Merkel’s party Christian Democratic Union in favor of Alternative for Germany, which opposes the introduction of sanctions.[58] Some French company executives, including Jean Francois Cirelli, the late Christophe de Margerie,[59] and his succeedor Patrick Pouyanne,[60] criticized the tightening of economic pressure on Russia, maintaining that business relations should be placed above political issues. According to Federico Ghizzoni, the CEO of UniCredit, “the sanctions have caused Russia problems and… (they are) even bigger for Europe”.[61]

It is also believed by some that the EU countries have been pressured by the U. S. into joining the sanctions.[62][63] As was stated by the US Vice-President Joe Biden: "It was America's leadership and the president of the United States insisting, oft times almost having to embarrass Europe to stand up and take economic hits to impose costs".[64]
    Even Germany is in that list, Italy, Hungary, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France...
    Last edited by TooMuch; 2015-03-02 at 10:01 PM.

Deleted
    The armed guards at her apartment and not being able to go where she wants. So in other words: HOUSE ARREST.

When was the last time you put a WITNESS under HOUSE ARREST.
    You assume. You're assumptions are worth fuck all.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the difference between Europe and USA is large as well. You don't need to tell me, I feel it already since my salary is in euro. Anyway anything is better than in hryvnia.
    Not. Nearly. As. Much. Europe is doing far better than Russia is. Combine all this with how damn well America is doing in its' own right.

I thought the effect was to, ugh, make Russia change its external politics? Or get rid of Crimea? Do you honestly think sanctions were intended only to harm Russian economic? God, so much for the stand of pro-west guys, now I understand the reason of your posts more.
    Economic sanctions to harm the economy? That doesn't make any sense to me either!

Deleted
    Lol. What the fuck is this? A jab? Ahah.

You assume. You're assumptions are worth fuck all.
    And you're not?

Take your own advice:

You know, you don't have to answer all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should know Team US by now: when you show them their errors, it's YOU who's wrong. Like Jaxi claiming something while the Wikipedia article he sources as proof says exactly the opposite. Or like Tomatketchup several times today replying to a post he didn't read, but then keeps defending his own stupidity.
    Oh I'm the one in error when the first paragraph of his own link quotes her saying that "she is effectively being held prisoner by Russian investigators". Please.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. What the fuck is this? A jab? Ahah.
    Hey, I'm not the one telling the other to shut up.