Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yeah no. They created their own situation they can sort it out themselves.
    http://www.warsawvoice.pl/WVpage/pag...php/29041/news

Agriculture Minister Marek Sawicki has appealed to the European Commission to compensate Poland after Russia decided to ban Polish fruit and vegetable imports -- a move Warsaw says was retaliation for EU sanctions against Moscow.

The Polish agriculture ministry said the country’s losses could total 500 million euros.
    Poland will make the rest of the EU compensate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Poland will make the rest of the EU compensate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post

Honestly, I don't know myself why they overdramatize it this much. Maybe to ask Europe commission for money using this as a reason?
    This was honestly funny.
    Well, I really hope the rest of the EU will pay for Poland.

This was honestly funny.
    Well, I really hope the rest of the EU will pay for Poland.
    Did not poland released anti-communism laws recently? Traitors of freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    Did not poland released anti-communism laws recently? Traitors of freedom.
    Poland had all the taste of Communism they wanted, I don't blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    This compensation is communism tier. Whenever you need free money then communism is m'kay.
    Whenever you need 1% people owning 40% then communism is no-no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Politico did a fantastic piece on the current position Putin has found himself in.

The End of Vladmir Putin

The title is a bit dramatic, but it gives a very nice idea of the inner conflict inside of the Motherland right now. He's not in the best of positions.
    Putin will come out stronger.
    Putin will come out weaker.

These are the two things I have learned today by reading articles of two opposing schools of analysis. This article sounded a bit overblown and populist. Then amidst all those contradicting analysises we have this.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    This compensation is communism tier. Whenever you need free money then communism is m'kay.
    Whenever you need 1% people owning 40% then communism is no-no.
    When you need progress, communism is a no go at a macro scale.

There has never been real communistic state (Venezuela was probably the closest though), just authoritarian governments donning the ideological name to brainwash the lower class
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

When you need progress, communism is a no go at a macro scale.
    When you need progress for 1%, communism is a no go at a macro scale.
    Something fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    We don't want to, we also don't want to pay for Greece and Ukraine.
    But it's hard to remember the last time our government actually listened to what people want.
    We do want to pay for Poland, and we do want to pay for Greece and Ukraine.

I can state my own opinion in plural too and pretend everyone agrees with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But it's hard to remember the last time our government actually listened to what people want.

Is this newspaper legit by the way? Are the Dutch really shifting their anger towards Kiev for continuing to fight and shell the MH17 crash site? Will Rutte put pressure on Poroshenko to stop the fighting?

Deleted
    Did you forget EU quotas? The only one losing jobs is Poland. They can send these aples only outside of EU.
    Do those apples walk themselves to supermarkets in Russia?

All Russian companies involved in importing, transporting, processing, and selling Polish goods will suffer.

Even if the Polish can't unload their apples raw, nothing's preventing them from selling them as apple juice, apple sauce, apple butter, preserves, salads, cider, vinegar, etc. Since most of these products last at least a couple of years, cheap apples are good news for Polish preserve factories. Farmers can always work together to buy processing equipment and open small local factories. We have one in a nearby town and they make amazing confits and veggie spreads because they're always experimenting with new recipes which put a twist on traditional products. I don't see why Polish businesses wouldn't be motivated to do the same.

Loyalty to Putin? Poland position is 'fuck Russian minority'. They got something in return finally.
    Really? Because Russians are recognized as a national minority in Poland and Poland has passed a bill regarding minority rights and signed the European Charter.

And in return for what? When has Poland deported or executed hundreds of thousands of Russians like the Russians did in occupied territories? Stalin killed 23 million people, a number which puts Hitler to shame. A large number of those people were "undesirable" local populations which had to be exterminated to make room for transplanted Russians. The most insulting thing is that unlike the Germans, Russians have not spent the last 70 years weighed down by guilt and attempting to create laws which would prevent similar genocides, but pretending that stolen territories have always been Russian and inhabited by Russians, and that those atrocities never happened.

The irony is that Poland also has a sizable Starover minority. In other words, Poland, like other countries in the region, has accepted and fostered the Russians that Russia didn't want.

10+ Year Old Account

Is this newspaper legit by the way? Are the Dutch really shifting their anger towards Kiev for continuing to fight and shell the MH17 crash site? Will Rutte put pressure on Poroshenko to stop the fighting?
    I thought the Telegraph was a tabloid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    Stalin killed 23 million people.
    You r mistaken. He killed 100 million of Russians and replaced them with Georgians.
    nothing's preventing them from selling them as
    Yes nothing prevents except you need sell these outside of EU.
    recognized as a national minority
    They are 'recognized' by current Ukr government too like recognized by Ukr Azov battalion and nazi drive bys.
    Last edited by mmokri; 2014-08-01 at 08:13 PM.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...945562212.html

For example, the EU agreement now in place has a little clause that seems to have snuck by environmental watchdogs. Ukraine does not allow the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in agriculture, but article 404 of the EU agreement commits both parties to cooperate to "extend the use of biotechnologies".

There is no doubt that this provision meets the expectations of the agribusiness industry. As observed by Michael Cox, Research Director at the investment bank Piper Jaffray, "Ukraine and, to a wider extent, Eastern Europe, are among the most promising growth markets for farm-equipment giant Deere, as well as seed producers Monsanto and DuPont."

There is nothing new in this. The World Bank's flagship programme, the Doing Business rankings, is essentially a tool to pressure governments to liberalise their economies, in much the same way as they did with such disastrous effects for ordinary people in the 1980s and 1990s, when they were called Structural Adjustment Programs. The packaging may have changed, thanks to the terrible reputation they quite rightly picked up, but the content is practically the same.

Ask the people of the Philippines, whose country is hailed as a top ten reformer in the Doing Business rankings. As a result of the changes made to acquire this honour, the Philippines has become the third most popular destination for foreign acquisition of land in the world, with 5.2 million hectares sold off since 2006. Or the people of Liberia, another top ten reformer in the eyes of the World Bank. In Liberia, giant palm oil and rubber producers have bought up more than 600,000 hectares of land, leaving communities without essential resources to sustain their livelihoods. The same story can be told in Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, Senegal, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, Mali and now, it seems, Ukraine.

So when we read the headlines and grand rhetoric about Russian aggression and human rights abuses, we should remember that what is being fought for in Ukraine is the ability for western leaders and institutions to impose the neoliberal trickle-down economic model. A model that has proved to devastate small businesses and farms, fuel inequality all over the world and concentrate wealth and power in ever fewer hands.

The people of the Ukraine are paying a terrible price for their country's rich and fertile land. They are being ripped apart in a tug of war between two camps; neither of who have their best interests at heart. Welcome to the politics of the 21st century.
    Yeah. Lets drop the propaganda for a minute and look at what will happen with regular Ukrainians once the Western corporations swoop in and suck out all of their resources. Like they did in the other Eastern European countries.

Yeah. Lets drop the propaganda for a minute and look at what will happen with regular Ukrainians once the Western corporations swoop in and suck out all of their resources. Like they did in the other Eastern European countries.
    You talk like communist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    There has never been real communistic state (Venezuela was probably the closest though), just authoritarian governments donning the ideological name to brainwash the lower class
    Communism will never work in a pure state in a large setting, just like pure capitalism will never work.

- - - Updated - - -

Something fixed.
    Spoken like a communist....

However, it would be hypocritical to not point out that Soviet Communism still had a privileged elite getting fat of the labors of the plebeians. All that really changed was names and faces....

Yes nothing prevents except you need sell these outside of EU.
    I guess they can sell (or donate) them to Ukraine then since Ukranians don't have much to eat anyway. Win-win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    Really? Because Russians are recognized as a national minority in Poland and Poland has passed a bill regarding minority rights and signed the European Charter.
    Sorry my mistake. I just remembered that Poland was EU sanction initiator. Seems position on Ukraine minorities is not main reason.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess they can sell (or donate) them to Ukraine then since Ukranians don't have much to eat anyway. Win-win situation.
    Ukraine is agrarian country. In case they dont have food government can close export.
    Last edited by mmokri; 2014-08-01 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    Oh, another smear campaign against the Polish?

Now the Polish are purposely selling tainted apples and expired products to Russians. Last time was that they were mindless puppets of the U.S.

I thought we left that behind in the other Ukraine thread. Guess not.
    Megraam seems to be a cypriot though, at least going by his receipt. ;P

Might be a Russian expat of course. Wouldn't suprise me!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...