10+ Year Old Account
    I think what Kellhound meant to say, in the US Islam is only slightly more popular than Jedi. December 2015, Jedi will replace Islam during the release of Star Wars EP VII

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Maybe check on your own posting, it was a reaction to Haven's post to indicate that "YES, THE US HAS IT'S BIG SHARE OF MUSLIMS TOO". This is exactly what Whatsnew calls self reflection, and I call introspection that's lacking with US posters: never admit you are wrong, always point at another. Maybe admit you posted misleadingly with a specific goal in mind. But no, you directly attack somebody else because that's the easy (and childish) way out.

Jesus, "And you provide links you can't even quote properly." How low can you go...
    He claimed that they are ALL second class humans, which is incorrect. That they are the 3rd largest religion shows that.

I attacked your patently incorrect information.

How low can I go? You truncated a quote in such a manner to completely change its meaning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    I think what Kellhound meant to say, in the US Islam is only slightly more popular than Jedi. December 2015, Jedi will replace Islam during the release of Star Wars EP VII
    Well, .7% of English/Welsh in the 2001 census did put Jedi down as their religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    He claimed that they are ALL second class humans, which is incorrect. That they are the 3rd largest religion shows that.

I attacked your patently incorrect information.
    How low can I go? You truncated a quote in such a manner to completely change its meaning.
    Read Haven's post. If you can't read the sarcasm in what he says (he does not even claim they are ALL second class humans), then it's YOU who has a problem. With what he says, he tries to convey the American point of view. It's not his opinion.

See, no introspection. Keep going on about a mistake, that I edited and even admitted I made. That's indeed "how low can you go", not to say childish in the least.

-edit- Funny that you attacked somebody yesterday for not supplying links, but you are too lazy to insert the links yourself. Here, I do it for you. See how easy Google is, so next time don't complain when people have no links when they are reporting news. Self reflection and introspection indeed.
    Last edited by TooMuch; 2014-10-11 at 08:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read Haven's post. If you can't read the sarcasm in what he says (he does not even claim they are ALL second class humans), then it's YOU who has a problem. With what he says, he tries to convey the American point of view. It's not his opinion.

See, no introspection. Keep going on about a mistake, that I edited and even admitted I made. That's indeed "how low can you go", not to say childish in the least.
    I read the sarcasm, and his flawed attempt to "convey" the American point of view. That was the response to it.

Your entire line of reasoning in this tangent has been off, not just one post. And you only partially edited it, you didn't include why the quote was incorrect.

However, continuing this will be pointless so I will not comment on it further.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I read the sarcasm, and his flawed attempt to "convey" the American point of view. That was the response to it.

Your entire line of reasoning in this tangent has been off, not just one post. And you only partially edited it, you didn't include why the quote was incorrect.

However, continuing this will be pointless so I will not comment on it further.
    So first you say "He claimed that they are ALL second class humans, which is incorrect. That they are the 3rd largest religion shows that", now you turn 180 degrees and say you understood the sarcasm? LOL. What even has a religion to do with second class humans anyway. In every way you show (and showed) that you felt attacked and needed to "set things straight". Seeing your line of posting, you discovered that yourself and now try to hide the fact that you read a post wrongly, reacted to that wrongly and can't admit that.

And still you need to learn some introspection, some self reflection. YOU misleadingly posted something to prove your point, so just admit it. Man up, but the word man is maybe too much for you seeing the childish way you keep repeating something/attacking somebody. Even the childish "continuing this will be pointless" shows how much spine you have. Always lay blame at another, always point at anothers faults but NEVER admit you are wrong yourself. The American way.
    Last edited by TooMuch; 2014-10-11 at 09:13 AM.

Deleted
    You won't ever see this in American TV or almost never on any western TV which explains why this thread keeps going with its rampant Russophobia.

click for translation

So first you say "He claimed that they are ALL second class humans, which is incorrect. That they are the 3rd largest religion shows that", now you turn 180 degrees and say you understood the sarcasm? LOL. What even has a religion to do with second class humans anyway. In every way you show (and showed) that you felt attacked and needed to "set things straight". Seeing your line of posting, you discovered that yourself and now try to hide the fact that you read a post wrongly, reacted to that wrongly and can't admit that.

And still you need to learn some introspection, some self reflection. YOU misleadingly posted something to prove your point, so just admit it. Man up, but the word man is maybe too much for you seeing the childish way you keep repeating something/attacking somebody. Even the childish "continuing this will be pointless" shows how much spine you have. Always lay blame at another, always point at anothers faults but NEVER admit you are wrong yourself. The American way.
    Just give it up, Americans will never admit they made a mistake. If history has shown us something, it's that. They go as far as rewriting history to cover up their mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    You won't ever see this in American TV or almost never on any western TV which explains why this thread keeps going with its rampant Russophobia.

click for translation
    Yeah, I posted that before too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsnew View Post
    Just give it up, Americans will never admit they made a mistake. If history has shown us something, it's that. They go as far as rewriting history to cover up their mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I posted that before too
    good, good

This thread is pointless, Americans shouldn't speak about Russia since they hardly know anything that's got to do with reality, whatever they say can be copy-pasted to explain some random comic book villain. Stereotypes based on lies they have been fed, how to address something that isn't even real? Close this thread, it's Russophobia only.

This thread is racist.

It's not Russophobia to state that here, 25 years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, that Russia's conduct is a salient and timely reminder that the biggest leap forward for human freedom in the last fifty years has been millions upon millions of people freeing themselves from Russian domination. Domination that Russia would impose again upon millions of people who simply don't want what they're selling. Why? Old fashioned Russian Nationalism. To be relevant in a world where they're a marginal bitplayer. Far more a regional spoiler than reborn power.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/10/op...s-america.html

BERLIN — I went for a walk in Berlin. Fall leaves yellowing in allotments
    with their little wooden birdhouses. Streets with more space than people,
    belying that facile epithet, “capital of Europe.” I had just left a friend in
    Grunewald who told me his house was built in 1930 by a Jewish family
    who fled to Brazil in 1936. Once he showed the granddaughter of the first
    owner around, and then did the same for descendants of the British officer
    who lived in the requisitioned house after 1945. Life, as archaeologists
    know, recounts its story in layers, and nowhere more so than in this city. A
    German woman told me of stripping away the wallpaper in her new
    apartment and finding exultant newspaper headlines celebrating the
    Führer’s birthday in 1937. A better epithet might be “Berlin, capital of
    memory.”

How then to remember the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin
    Wall — the end of Germany’s division, and Europe’s, and the world’s. A
    quarter-century has gone by. The bloody 20th century has receded into the
    mist. The wall’s fall was not the end of history but the dawn of a different
    history. It did not usher in an era where enlightened self-interest would
    govern the conduct of affairs between nations united in liberal democracy.
    Forms of nationalism, far from dying, revived. Fanaticism found fertile
    ground in desert sand. Russia arose growling. Yet of course this was, in the
    words of Wolfgang Schäuble, the German finance minister, the “most lucky moment in our history,”
    a near unimaginable re-encounter of Germany with itself. For millions of
    Central and Eastern Europeans it was also when liberation came from the Soviet clamp.

Memories coming and going in no particular direction, like fall leaves
    skittering along the Hohenzollerndamm. I came in 1998 to a Berlin not yet
    reborn as the German capital, divided still in mind-set. The next year, on
    the 10th anniversary, I spoke to Harald Jaeger, the border guard who
    opened the gate and so ended Europe’s division on Nov. 9, 1989. I asked
    him how he felt: “Sweat was pouring down my neck and my legs were
    trembling. I knew what I had done. I knew immediately. That’s it, I
    thought, East Germany is finished.”

It would not have been finished without the resolve of America and its
    allies. Unflinching American support for German unification, and the
    diplomatic brilliance of James Baker, then the secretary of state, turned a
    breach in the wall into a new order that freed half of Europe and was
    accepted by Moscow. Such forceful, clearheaded diplomacy is much
    needed today from Ukraine to Iraq. A new generation is learning that to
    float along and hope for the best is not enough. Hope is not a policy. The
    world is dangerous. Alliances count, both their commitments and their red
    lines.

In a tribute to Baker, who received this year’s Kissinger Prize at the
    American Academy in Berlin, Hans-Dietrich Genscher, the German foreign
    minister in 1989, told how as crowds surged through the wall, he placed a
    call from the ministry in Bonn to Baker. The telephone operator reached
    the secretary of state. Before Genscher could say anything, she blurted out,
    “Mr. Secretary, God bless America!”

Only the most insouciant Berliner could ever forget those words.
    It's worth remembering this week who the villain was of the Cold War. It's worth reminding ourselves why they were fought and how them being brought low was a victory for the human condition. It's worth remembering, because given the opportunity Russia would rewrite the verdict of what it calls a great catastrophe, but the everyone else in Europe called liberation.

Thinking about that for all of thirty seconds makes Russia's behavior the past 10 months all the more disgraceful.

good, good

This thread is pointless, Americans shouldn't speak about Russia since they hardly know anything that's got to do with reality, whatever they say can be copy-pasted to explain some random comic book villain. Stereotypes based on lies they have been fed, how to address something that isn't even real? Close this thread, it's Russophobia only.

This thread is racist.
    No, now they will come in in numbers claiming that posting the conversion rate between the dollar and the ruble every day is news and related to Ukraine. Or they start their bigger dick competition about weapons again. Or how US is the only superpower. Or history "lessons" about WWII, Hitler, Stalin, Finland 100 years ago. Everything much related to the situation in the Ukraine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    This is hilarious to hear from you, considering the fact that history in Russia has become a state approved and censored dogma not a science as it should be.

Especially in the light of bullying last agency that bothers uncovering the inconvienent truth about the pathetic killing machine that USSR was i.e ''Memorial.''
    Why is that "hilarious to hear from you"? I am not Russian, but hey you proved time and again to call anybody Russian that doesn't agree with you or your point of view.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's not Russophobia to state that here, 25 years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, that Russia's conduct is a salient and timely reminder that the biggest leap forward for human freedom in the last fifty years has been millions upon millions of people freeing themselves from Russian domination. Domination that Russia would impose again upon millions of people who simply don't want what they're selling. Why? Old fashioned Russian Nationalism. To be relevant in a world where they're a marginal bitplayer. Far more a regional spoiler than reborn power.

It's worth remembering this week who the villain was of the Cold War. It's worth reminding ourselves why they were fought and how them being brought low was a victory for the human condition. It's worth remembering, because given the opportunity Russia would rewrite the verdict of what it calls a great catastrophe, but the everyone else in Europe called liberation.

Thinking about that for all of thirty seconds makes Russia's behavior the past 10 months all the more disgraceful.
    HAHAHA, the bolded part. Scroesec, now you are even going for an all time low. Is it a special holiday today in the US? And you don't call it Russophobia, then posting this nonsense? Caligulove, see here a good example of rewriting history.
    Last edited by Whatsnew; 2014-10-11 at 09:40 AM.

Lol, the usual blabla by Skroesec. A post like this after Summerdrakes post just proves the more he's right.

I said it considering your posture and worldview that you`ve cared to explain to some degree in this thread.
    Did I call your or someone else a Russian? Of course I didnt , the implication isnt even there. That just shows your own insecurity if you have to deflect it that way.
    So tell me, what is my worldview? You have the same misconception a lot of posters have here. You conveniently don't read anything that does matter, like me saying I condemn all parties involved in the situation in the Ukraine. You used (like always) a Tu Quoque when I was talking about the US, what else can it be that you are referring to (me being) Russia. Reading comprehension and writing abilities are really low in this thread.

About my worldview: opposite to most people here my worldview is based NOT on emotions, but on (international) law. That's hard to understand for you, I know. You listen to the biggest demagogues and follow what they say, truth or not.

good, good

This thread is racist.
    Random comic book villian.... good heavens.

Have you people even been paying attention to what Russia has done in the past year?

Russia has been sanctioned by the richest, most powerful economies in the world. It has been fortified against by the most powerful military alliance the world has ever known. It was been denounced by head of states and head of government at the UN General Assembly last month. It has seen it's economy shrivel up, its young and gifted flee, and money drain.

All this has happened because of you. Because Russia did something in Ukraine so offensive to the West and it's allies, that the response was fairly, to treat you people like the enemy you've revealed yourself to be.

I'll go back to what I've said about a dozen times before. January 2014. The DoD Budget... Obama proposes large scale drawdowns in Europe. Why? Because Russia was yesterdays problem and really there was no European security threat. We were - and still are - all about China and our Asia-Pacific buildup. Our focus to Asia would have meant, at the very least, sources of friction between the US and Russia would have been greatly reduced.

And then Russia invades Crimea and gives NATO a 25 year life extension, completely dynamiting those plans. Well done. Now there will be no drawdown and the US will find new and creative ways to make Russia weaker, poorer and more isolated because once again, you've made yourself a threat.

Russia isn't the victim in this. It's the aggressor. It's the "comic book villain". It's the author of this serial story of crimes. Racism? It's not racism to look at what your country has done and how people like you have abetted it rather than stand against the illegitimate autocracy that rules you, and be completely disgusted.

But thanks Russia, for driving the US and Europe together like it hasn't been since the darkest days of the Cold War. Thanks for reminding Europe that for our own excesses and failings, we're saints compared to the real villainy that lies to the East.

Have you people even been paying attention to what Russia has done in the past year?

Russia has been sanctioned by the richest, most powerful economies in the world. It has been fortified against by the most powerful military alliance the world has ever known. It was been denounced by head of states and head of government at the UN General Assembly last month. It has seen it's economy shrivel up, its young and gifted flee, and money drain.

All this has happened because of you. Because Russia did something in Ukraine so offensive to the West and it's allies, that the response was fairly, to treat you people like the enemy you've revealed yourself to be.

I'll go back to what I've said about a dozen times before. January 2014. The DoD Budget... Obama proposes large scale drawdowns in Europe. Why? Because Russia was yesterdays problem and really there was no European security threat. We were - and still are - all about China and our Asia-Pacific buildup. Our focus to Asia would have meant, at the very least, sources of friction between the US and Russia would have been greatly reduced.

And then Russia invades Crimea and gives NATO a 25 year life extension, completely dynamiting those plans. Well done. Now there will be no drawdown and the US will find new and creative ways to make Russia weaker, poorer and more isolated because once again, you've made yourself a threat.

Russia isn't the victim in this. It's the aggressor. It's the "comic book villain". It's the author of this serial story of crimes. Racism? It's not racism to look at what your country has done and how people like you have abetted it rather than stand against the illegitimate autocracy that rules you, and be completely disgusted.

But thanks Russia, for driving the US and Europe together like it hasn't been since the darkest days of the Cold War. Thanks for reminding Europe that for our own excesses and failings, we're saints compared to the real villainy that lies to the East.
    And again you are wrong. The distance between Europe and the US has never been as big as currently, even going as far as Europe publicly questioning the US (which never happened before). It's the US biggest disappointment that Europe didn't follow the US blindly in the sanctions. I guess the media in US don't report about the disagreement of Europe with a lot the US does, even talking about how to severe certain ties.

And now there will be some drivel by Skroesec about working together against ISIS, which has totally nothing to do with Ukraine.

lol, even more nonsense of somebody that claims to now geopolitics

HAHAHA, the bolded part. Scroesec, now you are even going for an all time low. Is it a special holiday today in the US? And you don't call it Russophobia, then posting this nonsense? Caligulove, see here a good example of rewriting history.
    I missed the part where West Germans spent fifty years trying to flee Eastward.

I missed the part where given the choice between the West and Russia, countries along Russia's periphery keep choosing the West. Those chose it when the Cold War ended. They chose it when some of them joined NATO and the EU. They chose it today with Ukraine.

Fundamentally Whatsnew, your point of view lacks a narrative. Sure you have an alternative in terms of a name. The Eurasian Economic Community, with Russia at it's heart. 200 million people, $2.5 trillion GDP. Whoop-di-doo. That makes it One seventh the size of the EU, and one seventh the size of the US. The EEC is no alternative to the EU, or China, or the US or anything else for that matter.

But fundamentally what's your narrative? The EU has a narrative for damn sure. The EEC? It pretty much can be summed up in four words "The Russian Relevancy Project".

I have a superior idea. Russia modernize it's institutions. It rids itself of Putin and his cronies. It holds legitimate democratic elections and liberalizes it's political system. It then joins the European Union. Like a decent European country.

Oh wait, it'll never do that. Because while Russia in the EU may be a key player, it could never dominate it, and that's what Russia's foreign policy is all about: foreign domination of neighbors.

Interesting that you precisely know to whom I listen and follow.Care to elaborate how you came to that conclusion?

You condemn all parties involved in Ukraine yet you have the nerve to speak about ''I`m based on international law'' - as it happens, its Russia that has solely broken what you claim to be the fundemental of your worldview in case of Ukraine.Not only it ''broke it'', it shat on it.
    Dishonesty at its prime.
    I really don't see a contradiction in "You condemn all parties involved in Ukraine yet you have the nerve to speak about ''I`m based on international law''". Care to explain that? And ok, so Ukraine did nothing wrong? The US didn't have a role as instigator? See, again you leave out specific parts of the conflict to blame Russia solely. The have a big role in the conflict, but are far from the only one to blame.

I missed the part where West Germans spent fifty years trying to flee Eastward.

I missed the part where given the choice between the West and Russia, countries along Russia's periphery keep choosing the West. Those chose it when the Cold War ended. They chose it when some of them joined NATO and the EU. They chose it today with Ukraine.

Fundamentally Whatsnew, your point of view lacks a narrative. Sure you have an alternative in terms of a name. The Eurasian Economic Community, with Russia at it's heart. 200 million people, $2.5 trillion GDP. Whoop-di-doo. That makes it One seventh the size of the EU, and one seventh the size of the US. The EEC is no alternative to the EU, or China, or the US or anything else for that matter.

But fundamentally what's your narrative? The EU has a narrative for damn sure. The EEC? It pretty much can be summed up in four words "The Russian Relevancy Project".

I have a superior idea. Russia modernize it's institutions. It rids itself of Putin and his cronies. It holds legitimate democratic elections and liberalizes it's political system. It then joins the European Union. Like a decent European country.

Oh wait, it'll never do that. Because while Russia in the EU may be a key player, it could never dominate it, and that's what Russia's foreign policy is all about: foreign domination of neighbors.
    Most of Europe don't even want your so-called EEC. Europe wants to be free to chose their own relations, without being forced by the US to take their stance. But again, you seem to have missed the point about what really matters to Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't we just hold a fucking vote. Under both sides umbrella. You want russian rule? Bam! you win! the other side wins, BAM! Cut that bitch in HALF! Who cares!
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    And again you are wrong. The distance between Europe and the US has never been as big as currently, even going as far as Europe publicly questioning the US (which never happened before). It's the US biggest disappointment that Europe didn't follow the US blindly in the sanctions. I guess the media in US don't report about the disagreement of Europe with a lot the US does, even talking about how to severe certain ties.

And now there will be some drivel by Skroesec about working together against ISIS, which has totally nothing to do with Ukraine.
    What in the fuck are you talking about? People disagreeing about the rate of sanctions is now a great diplomatic split?