Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    If his revelation is "complete nonsense" then why, near the bottom of your article, is it corroborated by others?
    Saarkashvili is an asshole who is to afraid to go back to his country and stand trial for beating peaceful protestors in 2007. He can be trusted even less than Sikorski.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Saarkashvili is an asshole who is to afraid to go back to his country and stand trial for beating peaceful protestors in 2007. He can be trusted even less than Sikorski.
    Ah yes, just smear the source with your anti-Europe vitriol.

Deleted
    This so called "scandal" is not about Sikorskis lbein liar or something, because conversation like this is possible, and it happend between Putin and Bush for example even earlier than 2008 (Wikileaks). This "scandal" is about that polish prime minister got some info (at least about mentality), quite serious and didn't share it with allies and continued warming relationships with Russia, which from time perspective, was big mistake, and thats all. But same you can say about Bush Jr., so i don't see big deal.

Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0IC1GE20141023

"But among the debris Reuters found the blackened carcasses of what military experts have since identified as two Russian army tanks, supporting statements by Kiev and the West that the rebels were backed by troops and equipment sent by Moscow.

Reuters showed photographs of the two badly damaged tanks, one of which had lost its turret, to four independent military experts, who said they were of a type used exclusively by the Russian army.

At least one, they agreed, was a T-72BM - a Russian-made modification of a well known Soviet tank. This version of the tank, they said, is not known to have been exported.

"It is operated by the Russian Army in large numbers, but crucially it is not known to have been exported or operated outside of Russia,"

NATO, Swedish fighters scrambled to intercept Russian plane

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0IB2AU20141022

NATO and Swedish fighter jets were scrambled to intercept a Russian intelligence-gathering plane that briefly entered Estonian airspace on Tuesday, the alliance said on Wednesday.

The Estonian Foreign Ministry called the Russian ambassador to the ministry and gave him a protest note over the incursion, the Estonian defense forces said.

Russia’s Ruble Weakens to All-Time Low

http://online.wsj.com/articles/russi...low-1414047426

The Russian ruble weakened to fresh all-time lows versus the euro-dollar basket in early trade on Thursday as oil prices again dipped lower.

Oil slump leaves Russia even weaker than decaying Soviet Union

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...iet-Union.html

Vladimir Putin's Russia is a weaker animal in key respects

Mr Mitov said Russia is fundamentally crippled. "They have outsourced their brains and lost their technology. The best Russian engineers go to work for Boeing. The Russian railways are run on German technology. It looked as if Russia was strong during the oil boom but it was an illusion and now they are in an even worse position than the Soviet Union," he said.

Russia's reserves of cheap crude in West Siberian fields are declining, yet the Western know-how and vast investment needed to crack new regions have been blocked. Exxon Mobil has been ordered to suspend a joint venture in the Arctic. Fracking in the Bazhenov Basin is not viable without the latest 3D seismic imaging and computer technology from the US. China cannot plug the gap.

Andrey Kuzyaev, head of Lukoil Overseas, said it costs $3.5m to drill a 1.5 km horizontal well-bore in the US, and $15m or even $20m to drill the same length in Russia. "We're lagging by 10 years. Our traditional reserves are being exhausted. This is the reality for our country," he said.

U.S. To Produce More Oil & Gas Than Russia...For Decades

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoz...a-for-decades/

The U.S. shale oil and gas renaissance has effectively stripped Russia from its status as biggest non-OPEC oil producing state. And Russia won’t recover for the next 25 years. Or more, according to the U.S. Energy Information Agency.

Russia Air Safety Record Near Bottom of Global League

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news.../23/344529.htm

Regardless of who is to blame for the death of Total’s boss at the Moscow airport favored by President Vladimir Putin, it reinforces an indisputable fact: Russia’s air-safety record is dreadful and the wave of crashes is not abating.

Russia blocks monitoring of more Ukraine border checkpoints: U.S.

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-blocks-...170855523.html

(Reuters) - Russia has refused to increase international monitoring of the border with Ukraine, the United States said on Wednesday, after European security watchdog OSCE extended its observers' existing mandate at two checkpoints by a month.

Inb4 Shalcker "analysis"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    NATO, Swedish fighters scrambled to intercept Russian plane

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0IB2AU20141022

NATO and Swedish fighter jets were scrambled to intercept a Russian intelligence-gathering plane that briefly entered Estonian airspace on Tuesday, the alliance said on Wednesday.

The Estonian Foreign Ministry called the Russian ambassador to the ministry and gave him a protest note over the incursion, the Estonian defense forces said.
    I call fake; Sweden would never send up jets. Ever. For any reason.

Meanwhile rebels say that Ukrainian forces are repositioning for assault now along the front lines.
    ...I guess Ukrainians decided to attack before elections rather then after for necessary popularity boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    A certain Sub seems to have annoyed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Meanwhile rebels say that Ukrainian forces are repositioning for assault now along the front lines.
    ...I guess Ukrainians decided to attack before elections rather then after for necessary popularity boost.
    Ukraine rebels end ceasefire before polls

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe...244812646.html

Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine's eastern region of Donetsk have announced the end of a ceasefire, ending a period of relative calm as the country braces for parliamentary polls.

Periods of intense hostilities will follow. We will retake Slovyansk, Kramatorsk and Mariupol. Unfortunately, it was impossible to make peaceful settlement the focus of negotiations. We are the only ones who comply with the regime of silence,” he said.

Meanwhile, Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseny Yatseniuk warned of possible attempts by Russia to destabilise the parliamentary election and ordered security to be boosted to prevent "terrorist acts" being carried out.

It's why you should really get your news sources from more credible sources, than Rebels and Russia.

Edit: I am not singling you out, I am just saying that taking Rebels and Russia as anyones only source is a bad idea.
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

Edit: I am not singling you out, I am just saying that taking Rebels and Russia as anyones only source is a bad idea.
    One does not contradict the other actually.

Yep, rebels are preparing for Ukrainian assault and thus cancel even pretence of ceasefire. Ukrainians (who never upheld it anyway) drop it too and shell Donetsk with incendiary munitions and ballistic rockets, as well as openly move their forces.

As for plans to retake Slavyansk and Mariupol from rebels they were "something that will definitely happen someday", not "tomorrow we're going ahead to take them"... though if Ukrainians actually do attack rebel curators might be convinced it is indeed necessary and work their magic.

Your article also notes:
    Describing the political situation in the country as "fraught," our correspondent said "a lot of accusations are being fired at President Poroshenko for his handling of the war, and the feeling that he was, perhaps, too soft on the seccionists, as well as a deteriorating economic situation.
    "There are many disappointments, particularly here in Kiev, among people who were responsible for the overthrow of President Viktor Yanukovich last February in what they saw as a revolution. The pace for political social change has not been fast enough since."
    Perhaps Poroshenko thinks attack will boost their rating and they can pretend in their media that they are winning regardless of what actually happens until elections.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2014-10-23 at 06:13 PM.

Yep, rebels are preparing for Ukrainian assault and thus cancel even pretence of ceasefire. Ukrainians (who never upheld it anyway) drop it too and shell Donetsk with incendiary munitions and ballistic rockets, as well as openly move their forces.

As for plans to retake Slavyansk and Mariupol from rebels they were "something that will definitely happen someday", not "tomorrow we're going ahead to take them"... though if Ukrainians actually do attack rebel curators might be convinced it is indeed necessary and work their magic.
    The article states that they are beefing up security, due to a chance that some people might try to sabotage the elections. Remember last time Ukraine didn't beef up security during a voting attempt (vote that was illegal, but the situation is relevant)? Im sure you do, because it is what cause this whole mess in Crimea and by extension the Rest of Ukraine.

As the saying goes: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

- - - Updated - - -

Your article also notes:

Perhaps Poroshenko thinks attack will boost their rating and they can pretend in their media that they are winning regardless of what actually happens until elections.
    Why must you always twist an article to suit your needs and find things the article does not state? Ukraine is not attacking, they are beefing up security.

The article states that they are beefing up security, due to a chance that some people might try to sabotage the elections.
    I don't think moving armour at front lines counts as "beefing up security for elections"; unless you count pre-emptive attack as "beefing up security".

Remember last time Ukraine didn't beef up security during a voting attempt (vote that was illegal, but the situation is relevant)? Im sure you do, because it is what cause this whole mess in Crimea and by extension the Rest of Ukraine.
    Don't you see that it is clear coercion by hostile forces? How about free expression of democracy? :P

As the saying goes: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    Ukrainians are not fooling anyone; everyone knows they mostly lie, and any truth is accidental.

They are not voting for secession on those elections too.

- - - Updated - - -

Why must you always twist an article to suit your needs and find things the article does not state? Ukraine is not attacking, they are beefing up security.
    I'm just explaining how this article underlines reasons for Ukrainian attack.

Do you still think it will not happen?

I don't think moving armour at front lines counts as "beefing up security for elections"; unless you count pre-emptive attack as "beefing up security".

Don't you see that it is clear coercion by hostile forces? How about free expression of democracy? :P

Ukrainians are not fooling anyone; everyone knows they mostly lie, and any truth is accidental.

They are not voting for secession on those elections too.
    Moving the armour to the front lines, makes sure the rebels cannot just by-pass the front lines and interfere with the elections.

Why couldn't Russia respect Ukraines sovereignty, and not annex Crimea with illegal vote, while storming all government buildings with troops?

Same as all Russian news, and anything rebels have said ever. It's why I listen to reputable sources of news, none of which come from Russia.

Moving the armour to the front lines, makes sure the rebels cannot just by-pass the front lines and interfere with the elections.
    They certainly can.

Why couldn't Russia respect Ukraines sovereignty, and not annex Crimea with illegal vote, while storming all government buildings with troops?
    You would not accept any vote in this case, and would proclaim any vote illegal. That doesn't change that vote reflected decision of Crimean majority. If you think majority should not decide their fate clearly you're against idea of democracy.

And why should we respect them? What reasons were left to respect those who do not respect themselves after coup by openly shitting on their own laws and previous agreements to push their agenda?

Same as all Russian news, and anything rebels have said ever. It's why I listen to reputable sources of news, none of which come from Russia.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0IC0W420141023
    OCTOBER: “MAIDAN STOOD FOR MANY THINGS”

Under pressure from lobby groups representing Maidan protesters, a law of “lustration” – the screening of officials to root out corruption and purge the system of closet Yanukovich sympathizers - has now come into force. The new president, Poroshenko, has promised reforms aimed at strengthening law enforcement and decentralizing power. Whether he can deliver remains to be seen.

In an interview, Klitschko acknowledged that many popular demands remained unaddressed. Reform of politics and police were important, he said, but his priority as Kiev mayor was security. “If we have instability in ... the capital of Ukraine, we have instability in the whole country.”

Andriy Porodko, the Lviv protester, complains that bribery continues to thrive. The revolution, he said, “changed the face of the authorities, but not the system itself.” Talmonychuk, the protester in the Maidan, says power and money are still too concentrated in Kiev. “Maidan stood for many things, but it won only one: it got rid of Yanukovich,” he said. “All the rest are still open.”

General Zamana, the former chief of staff, says he is disappointed the new leaders have not pursued reconciliation with troops and police; they should not have been painted as criminals when they were following orders, he said. Oleh, the Berkut officer, denounces the new government for letting Russia seize Crimea and fan war in the east.
    They are looking at another revolution regardless of what happens in the East. Gas situation still remains bleak too because noone is going to pay for Ukraine.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2014-10-23 at 06:38 PM.

They certainly can.

You would not accept any vote in this case, and would proclaim any vote illegal. That doesn't change that vote reflected decision of Crimean majority. If you think majority should not decide their fate clearly you're against idea of democracy.

And why should we respect them? What reasons were left to respect those who do not respect themselves after coup by openly shitting on their own laws and previous agreements to push their agenda?

They are looking at another revolution regardless of what happens in the East.
    So what your saying is that the rebels are going to attack Ukraine first. Got it.

It was illegal due to the fact it was against the Crimean constitution. Not to mention Russian soldiers storming all government buildings to assure that nothing could be done. Which, btw, was against the agreement made by the Russian government and the Ukraine government who agreed that they were allowed those soldiers only in the base.

There is nothing stated in that article, that says there will be another revolution. I know most Russians find it difficult to understand, but change takes time, it won't happen overnight. As the saying goes: Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Last edited by Baneth; 2014-10-23 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Oppenheimer. Just saying. And all the Chinese and Russians working in Silicon Valley.

This doesn't change the simple fact of money being handed over and requirements being fulfilled. And really, I can't figure what Soviet Union did in WW2 that was so horrible. Dared to survive against European fascists?

Okay I'll just stop this waste of time since you're apparently ignoring my points by choice. Time and again I've been telling you about visits of US officials to Kiev, about USA's open support of Maidan and its role in santcion wars... meh, fuck it, what's the point if you dismiss everything I say because Russia is the bad guy in the script?

You're still to prove how Putin organized Maidan or whatever is that convoluted way you want to pin Ukrainian coup and following chaos on Russia. Submarines in Swedish waters is a hoax. They claim it was "Dmitry Donskoy" but it simply would stick out of the water due to its sheer size. It was Holland submarine on maneuvers as far as I heard. Another case of hastily made up allegations about Russia being to blame for whatever. Threats of cutting the gas supplies - lol and what do you expect, to hit and not get hit back? EU has its sanctions, Russia can introduce its own. Is it not fair? Oh lets look at the past 70 years then. European nazis commited genocide of Russians, killing 20 million civilians. Mass murder, rape, tortures, war crimes without count. I win by numbers, I guess.

So the bombs are appearing out of thin air by the will of God? Or did a wizard do it? Is it Odessa-style explanation (the guys we don't like are bombing/burning themselves because fuck logic)?

What's there to condemn when he's not doing it? Maidan junta came to power through violence, what did you expect? Peace and butterflies? It's not a videogame, removing the guy you for some reason don't seem to like (or, in the case of Yanukovich, even care about) doesn't make peace, love, democracy and blowjobs settle in and end credits roll. Civil war was inevitable, especially with radicals in power. It's common for a European to have a very short memory and attention span, but look at pretty much every Middle Eastern country. Is Iraq a haven of democracy?

You mean a batallion of stealth ninjas invisible to cameras and satellites? If Russian army entered Donbass, the Ukrainian ragtag "National Guard" would be already roflstomped over and some Ivan would have already planted a Russian flag upon the Rada building.
    You can start with what they did to Poland, during and after.

So what your saying is that the rebels are going to attack Ukraine first. Got it.
    Go around army and weaken their defences just to hamper Ukrainian elections? Come on.

It was illegal due to the fact it was against the Crimean constitution.
    It wasn't against Crimean constitution; it wasn't totally in line with Ukrainian Constitution but then so did Kosovo for Serbian constitution and that one was okay.

Not to mention Russian soldiers storming all government buildings to assure that nothing could be done.
    On contrary, to ensure that deputies can gather without problems like Tatar mob on previous day.

Which, btw, was against the agreement made by the Russian government and the Ukraine government who agreed that they were allowed those soldiers only in the base.
    Except they were allowed anywhere on Crimea - how do you think they moved forces around, teleportation? And they had agreement of legitimate Ukrainian president Yanukovich to do what they did too (that is, preserve public order).

There is nothing states in that article, that says there will be another revolution. I know most Russians find it difficult to understand, but change takes time, it won't happen overnight. As the saying goes: Rome wasn't built in a day.
    All changes happening in Ukraine point out toward Ukrainian disintegration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Hey, they have to fly those Saabs every now and then, can't spend all the time waxing them!

Go around army and weaken their defences just to hamper Ukrainian elections? Come on.

It wasn't against Crimean constitution; it wasn't totally in line with Ukrainian Constitution but then so did Kosovo for Serbian constitution and that one was okay.

On contrary, to ensure that deputies can gather without problems like Tatar mob on previous day.

Except they were allowed anywhere on Crimea - how do you think they moved forces around, teleportation? And they had agreement of legitimate Ukrainian president Yanukovich to do what they did too (that is, preserve public order).

All changes happening in Ukraine point out toward Ukrainian disintegration.
    You heard it here folks, Shalcker says the rebels are going to attack Ukrainian army to interfere with elections.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annexat...ian_Federation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean...ferendum,_2014

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapes...ity_Assurances

Rome wasn't built in a day Shalcker.

I can continue to counter any attempt you make, to twist words to fit your beliefs for another 20 minutes or so. After that I will be gone for roughly 10 hours (work).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Hey, they have to fly those Saabs every now and then, can't spend all the time waxing them!
    This should be playing every time a Gripen is flying.

You heard it here folks, Shalcker says the rebels are going to attack Ukrainian army to interfere with elections.
    Ah, you heard it here first - boomgoesthedynamite is against democracy and supports oppression! Hey, you didn't challenge that! :P

Something that never was Ukrainian and every Ukrainian knows it; they are just butthurt about not being able to keep it.

So you do not dispute that majority wished exactly what was voted upon?

Do you know how "memorandum" differs from "treaty"? And do you know why Bush wanted to keep it at Memorandum level? Because it's not binding - that's why. It's just "letter of intent" that can be enforced or discarded at any point.