Birthdays and presents

Goodmorning people,

I'm turning 25 in a couple of weeks and have invited friends and family to celebrate the day. Since I'm a summer child (winter can stay the f*** away, it's not coming) and I might be lucky with the weather and all, I can't remember a birthday where we weren't outside, having a picnic, playing games and just relaxing, enjoying the weather. After that it's mostly been home to have a nice dinner and it's always been a really great time.
    The past couple of years though, I've been thinking about the giving presents deal. I've been having birthday parties since I was born and every year people show up and give me something, I realised some people might think it's getting too much lately, that I'm grown up and shouldn't really be doing this alot anymore. I realise people throw birthday parties when they're older, but usually there's some years inbetween them, atleast from my experience.
    Anyway, I've thought of telling people not to worry about the presents, that they're not needed. At first that seemed like a good idea, but then I thought about it and that might be worse than the usual stuff. What if someone wants to give me something, I know that my closest family will have presents, but some "further out" family (I don't know a term for this :x) might be of the other view and wont bring any. Will that create a sort of gap between people, those who bring presents and those who don't? I don't want that either, so I'm down to just plainly stating that I don't want any presents or not mentioning it.
    Believe it or not, I actually don't really care all that much about the presents. I'm genuinely inviting people because I want to see them, have some fun and some nice food and not because I'm a poor poor student looking for any chance of some cash. And even the "wishes" I got for my family (mom/dad/bothers/sister) is everyday stuff for my apartment and such, not huge things in my opinion. As mentioned earlier, I've always enjoyed getting together with my family and that's just what I want. And that's also why I don't want to not throw a party.

So, what's your view on this? How have you decided to do yourself? Do people accept the present-giving-deal when they accept the invitation and if they don't want to do that, they don't come? Or shouldn't they have to buy presents?

Btw, I'm from Denmark, things might be a bit different from the rest of the world.

TL;DR:

25 years old. Should people still bring me presents or should I tell them not to worry about it / I don't want any? (I don't really care about the presents)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardeth View Post
    25 years old. Should people still bring me presents or should I tell them not to worry about it / I don't want any? (I don't really care about the presents)
    If you like having an outdoor party, IMO host an awesome one, tell them gifts are only optional and you'll gladly accept something good (like food) brought to the party instead so you can share with everyone. That way those that like giving gifts can still suprise you with it and those who'd rather just bring munchies don't have to feel guilty.

10+ Year Old Account
    It stays on you and depends on people you invite. I don't know anyone in my family or within my friends who would started calling names for not gifting me anything on my BDay (well, to be honest, i haven't get any kind of presents from friends since 18 years, i don't mind it). I don't expect anyone to bring presents on my birthday, if they do, that's nice.
    But when i am invited on someones birthday and this person said nothing about not bringing presents, i do bring it, just to not end up in awkward situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ask them to give you moneh. Loads o moneh.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just put on invites "Gifts not necessary, Beer or Food always welcome"

Breakfast on bed and a bday cake thats good enough for me, Ive been saying for years that I dont want presents, some people listen, some dont. The gf, my parents and grandparents still give me gifts. My grandparents on moms side always buys ordinary shares, dads side, history books etc. Parents all different kind of things same with the gf.

Last birthday party I attended as a guest we just brought two home made cakes and a bottle of Cerasuolo Abruzzo, a rose wine.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    I just tell people to not give me any presents. At most I might wanna spend my birthday with some friends, drinking and chatting etc. But that's it.