Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PGGR View Post
    I am actually wondering why the night elf eyes glow white.. If Elune is a source of the power of light.. shouldn't they glow yellow?

Also.. does that mean that once the Blood elves get cleansed, their eyes will also glow white? Or will they revert to the Arcane based power of blue?
    Night elves' eyes glow silver because Elune's status as a naaru isn't official. Much of her power is associated with moonlight--those elves whose eyes glow golden are typically made druids, as it was historically a sign of strong druidic potential.

And the blood/high elves won't be showing any noteworthy changes for at least the next couple generations, if the high elves even still have a sustainable gene pool. We're on the third generation of post-First War orcs and they're still green. When they do start showing changes, yeah, their eyes will probably glow golden from the renewed, Light-empowered Sunwell.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odile View Post
    Much, much better! I really that a lot. But will Blizzard add these irises or just be lazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    i wish nelf fems had a golden eye option.
    Don't even know if it's possible lore wise, but:

Kinda like it

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odile View Post
    Don't even know if it's possible lore wise, but:

Kinda like it
    It is, the golden eyes was prior to the war of the ancient a rare trate that was a marker of the potential and natural affinity for druidism but also a sign of someone destened for greatness. Both Malfurion and Illidan shared the amber eye triat as did Azshara. At the time though it was quite rare due to the belief in strong bloodlines and class seperation that was prominent in night elf society. Post war of the ancients though with the removeal of class seperation and the inner mingeling of blood lines the amber eye trait has become more abundant and even can even be developed as a side effect of the practice of the druidic arts.

So a night elf either male or female can be bore with the amber eyes or develop them if they follow the path of the druid.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    They both look worse than the original, eyeballs on the second one are simple terrible...
    Agreed.. I don't really see the point in these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Night elves' eyes glow silver because Elune's status as a naaru isn't official. Much of her power is associated with moonlight--those elves whose eyes glow golden are typically made druids, as it was historically a sign of strong druidic potential.

And the blood/high elves won't be showing any noteworthy changes for at least the next couple generations, if the high elves even still have a sustainable gene pool. We're on the third generation of post-First War orcs and they're still green. When they do start showing changes, yeah, their eyes will probably glow golden from the renewed, Light-empowered Sunwell.
    These are good to know. Also the moonlight explains the white tint perfectly actually. Thanks for the information!

15+ Year Old Account
    Another from Nynaeve:

Source: https://twitter.com/ShyNynaeve
    Please no. That looks God awful creepy.

Sig by Isilrien

Some faces for da ppl !! Maybe the 4th I didn't change her that much cause it's suppose to be the original, but well, here it is

If perhaps there is someone out there who wants to work with her different faces, that would be awesome

These 2 different edits make the new night elf model look 100 times better, imo.

Here's one from Aquessa:

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12675250016
    This one I like a lot, I want a more serious face. Hopefully that's an option, but with the samefaces we've seen from the other races I'm a bit worried. Love it though.

Damn those look nice I miss playing my Nelf druid even more now that I'm not subbed.

In OP, second looks cool, though lights are a bit too much. Also, really like Odile's edits with the subtle irises and amber eyes. Hope Blizz sees this and does similar, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Posvio View Post
    Some faces for da ppl !! Maybe the 4th I didn't change her that much cause it's suppose to be the original, but well, here it is

If perhaps there is someone out there who wants to work with her different faces, that would be awesome

Appreciate the effort, but if Blizzard goes the lazy route like this (no offense to you), I'd be pretty sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh, don't like the edits sorry, those eyes are ridiculous. The lips are sort of ok, but I imagine there's gonna be different shape/winkles anyway.

I think I made them look the way Farora was hoping they'd look:

The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    These 2 different edits make the new night elf model look 100 times better, imo.

Here's one from Aquessa:

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12675250016

Another from Nynaeve:

Source: https://twitter.com/ShyNynaeve
    Top image would be good if the eyes weren't going all J.J. Abrams lens flare on us.

The bottom one I dislike though. The changes this person made to the eyes makes them distracting... and I don't mean that in a good way.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    I prefer the one to the right, the serious look fits Night elves very well.
    Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2014-05-15 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Appreciate the effort, but if Blizzard goes the lazy route like this (no offense to you), I'd be pretty sad.
    Yup, I didn't want to change them a lot, maybe because blizzard has been working the same way with the other new models, so I tried to do the same, not changing them a lot and see what happens

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely like the subtle irises more than the big diamond looking ones... A lot of these faces are going to look different too when they have their face markings too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the first change, despite the random sparkly eyes. The thing I hate most about the new models is the fact that they look nothing like the old ones, to me (surprise surprise) - instead of sweet, mysterious, lovable night-elf women, they look like butch army women (yes, yes, I know they're spending most of their lives in combat, but that's beside the point - I'm used to the former, and I like the former a lot, so why change it up so much?)

I don't like the fan edits. You guys are trying way too hard to call attention to the eyes. She looks like she's supposed to be standing at the edge of the sea warning passing ships of the rocky coast.

I don't like the soft-edit iris ones either. They just look different for the sake of being different. The Blizzard version is fine.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice