Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Again, nice job!

Two miscellaneous kills from me:

Iron Qon 25N

I forgot if I ever mentioned this, but apparently there is a way to never get Arcing Lightning. I'm not sure how, but I simply dismissed my Elemental right before the first cast of Arcing Lightning. I suppose you could re-summon it, but I didn't until 3rd mount.

Twin Consort 10H

Surprisingly, Frost works. You need to either make sure Suen is of low enough health or save enough cooldowns for p2, but nothing difficult.

I estimate that 25N Twins and 25H Iron Qon should also be possible.

PS: Don't forget about the 25N Megaera and Primordius kills on last page.

- - - Updated - - -

A few more kills:

Heroic Fallen Protectors

Pretty easy. Just remember to prioritize Embodied Sorrow (the Infernal Strike hurts.)

Mythic Immerseus

First Mythic kill!

First advice, don't try this.
    Second advice (in case you really want to, for some reason), watch the adds and the debuff stacks, since letting either of those going out of control will kill you, even with MoSD.
    I used MoSD, but it should be killable without it with very careful maneuverings. The fight might be harder than Kromog Heroic is right now without MoSD, and simply hard but not crazy with it.
    Took me around 3 hours and 10 pulls. Kill took around 40 minutes.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-03-13 at 05:34 AM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

I soloed all of 25 Normal Mogu Shan Vaults on alpha as frost mage, thought it was all done so didn't bother to take screenshot but yea that includes will of emperor. All was 1 shots I think ended will of emperor on probably 20-30% hp.

Second Mythic kill!

You'd need MoSD and some leech (>15%?)
    Put your Water Elemental inside the circle, while you stand outside (this is not a strict requirement; all that is necessary, as it is for Immerseus, is for you and your Elemental to both outrange boss' melee reach and for your Elemental to be closer to the boss than you. In/out of the circle is just an easy way to do it.)
    The Elemental will be tanking the boss' debuff skill, so you'll need to re-summon it (not quite on CD, but close.)
    Every few seconds boss will use Unchecked Corruption, hitting for around 50k post-Avoidance mitigation, so you still need some DPS to survive.

I used Ring and IV after being Purified, waited until both CD are back (which is around after killing first Manifestation), and burned the boss down.
    I'd suggest not eating the black orbs since lower DPS means lower healing as well, but I'm not quite sure which strategy is the best.
    You should be able to survive for some time (especially with your DPS CDs active) even with 5 Residual Corruption doing AoE.

PS: Don't mind Omnipaladin (Enak101); he left the instance after helping me kill Mythic Protectors (thanks again!)
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-03-13 at 04:19 AM.
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Kromog Heroic

I am going to get some rest now

Edit : The logs, for those interested : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

167 wipes, 1 kill. That feels good.
    Awesome dude! Keep up the good work.
    You show us what mages are capable of

Proudly presenting:

Normal Paragons, WITHOUT exploiting.

Frost, MoSD, some leech, use Water Elemental to tank Korven while you kill Iyyokuk, then kill Kil'ruk (maybe Korven first, if your Elemental can't hold aggro.)
    There is probably a lot of potential for this pseudo pet-tanking (at least on this fight), but I got the kill on my 5th try, so I didn't experiment further.
    I should be possible, however, to have your elemental tank 2 Paragons at the same time while you focus down the 3rd, but I couldn't get the water elemental to constantly hit who I want with the glyph. Well, I wasn't actually sure who the Water Elemental was hitting at all. I just waste a Water Jet on Korven without hitting him to grab aggro.

Heroic should be doable. Mythic......I'd need to see exactly how versatile Elemental tanking is, but I doubt it.

PS: Will 25N 33% best attempt. It might be doable with great skill, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-03-14 at 05:24 AM.

Kromog Heroic

I am going to get some rest now

Edit : The logs, for those interested : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

167 wipes, 1 kill. That feels good.

Jesus all those procs like that looks realllllllly overwhelming lol.
    Hi Sephurik

Something of interest and a question.

Now maybe im clueless but on live mirror images don't taunt right? They do on alpha. I was doing Tsulong 25N and 1 pull delayed my mirror images till like 20 or 30 seconds in, he instantly switched to them over me. It might not work mechanically as a taunt but either way they instantly get aggro and keep it. that's 40 seconds of every 2 minutes where they can tank for you.

Now for the water elemental, it's classified as a minion on alpha and has a 1 minuet cooldown to resummon, is this an issue? I mean is it classfied as a minion on live or something else, i was trying to do the trick on immerseus and im pretty sure it wasn't working unless i did something wrong.

They don't taunt, but when you cast MI your own existing threat is massively reduced.

Looking at Wowhead : http://www.wowhead.com/spell=55342/mirror-image

Apply Aura: Mod Threat Flat - Temporary
    Value: -90000000
    So 90M less threat to you for the duration of the spell, hence why the NPCs you were attacking turn to MIs, and also why, if you cast MI before engaging, the NPC attack you and not the MIs, because the threat was "created" after the reduction.

I see, I don't seem to notice them in many videos and stuff do they get used often? Maybe i just wasn't paying enough attention. Seems like a lot of damage they can take for you.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    I see, I don't seem to notice them in many videos and stuff do they get used often? Maybe i just wasn't paying enough attention. Seems like a lot of damage they can take for you.
    Level 90 talents

Rune of Power and Incanter's Flow are pure DPS talents. If you have no problem with survivability, pick one or the other depending if you have to move or not. Mirror Image is a DPS talent with an added bonus : the images can tank a boss. Perfect for destacking, soaking a powerful attack or an AoE, kiting. Drawback is that in solo, MI tend to die really quickly so it's a big DPS loss.
    For now. We can all hope MI actually is worth something in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now that our solo prowess is improving (thanks in NO SMALL PART to Araitik).. does someone want to create a leaderboard for speed kills? I was thinking about it while doing my FL solos for firehawk mount. Was doing Majordomo, and been seeing how fast I can kill him (my current best is 17sec) and was curious how fast other people are on other kills and shit.

thought it might be a nice class competitive angle.

Thoughts?

It's also worth noting that the dps gain from images is not just from the images, but also from your ability to plant your feet and dps harder than if you were having to kite bosses the whole time. Personally, I am a fan of timing MI with PC since my images arent moving, the boss will be as stationary as possible thus being able to go nuts for as long as they are alive (rarely does the crystal outlast the images.. thus its a 3way boost. Maybe I am looking it wrong though. Not suggesting that IF and RoP aren't equally amazing.
    Last edited by bowchikabow; 2016-03-18 at 07:59 PM.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

/shrug
    I personally wouldn't try for speed kills, but surely you are welcome to make a leaderboard if you wish, since I'm sure most lists for these boss kills started as private efforts anyway.

For MI, I usually never kite things anyway. And in WoD the images die REALLY fast. Effectively a 15% dps loss, unless you are dealing with something that will one-shot you (in which case DPS losses don't really matter.)

Side note: Mirror Images stay in combat even when you use Invisibility. If you for some reason need to hard drop threat during solo, you can do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    So now that our solo prowess is improving (thanks in NO SMALL PART to Araitik).. does someone want to create a leaderboard for speed kills? I was thinking about it while doing my FL solos for firehawk mount. Was doing Majordomo, and been seeing how fast I can kill him (my current best is 17sec) and was curious how fast other people are on other kills and shit.
    Sounds like a nice idea but not sure how competitive it can be, it's really random with kill times.

But i'll throw in a 7 sec Domo kill if we're making a list. http://imgur.com/ZAqwyEN

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Jeezus Minti hahaha...
    "When you build it, you love it!"

A preview:

I don't think anyone ever did this before.

Hopefully, of greater things to come.

EDIT: Well, coming soon. That is harder to replicate than I thought it would be.
    The idea is that Skeer pulls his current target to him. Sometimes, he does that right after engaging (usually he only does that after he lands), causing your character to land on his platform. With Alter Time you can jump down, pull, and go back up. The only time when I successfully pulled that way, no one could hit me from down there, but I accidentally became Skeer's target and got pulled back down.

Still no idea how to make Skeer pull on pull, but I hope I'll find out soon.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-03-28 at 08:58 AM.

Leech 14.3%, 739 ilvl. Use Ring and IV on pull, but do not re-use ring until Day phase, at which point you use everything. If you do it right, you should have enough health to use ring a 3rd time to kill Suen, at which point the fight is as good as won.
    You'll lose health constantly over time even during Night phase, so Ice Block + Cold Snap as soon as you can without wasting the heal, so that it can be up as soon as possible.
    Don't use Evanesce - it doesn't drop the Day phase tank debuff, which is essential to survival.

Other than this I've also tried almost every other boss on 25H. The closest was Jin'rokh 25H, which is still not a kill.
    Jin'rokh should be doable at ~745 ilvl (and with a lot of leech), Horridon maybe doable now but with a good strat, and the rest probably not yet.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-03-28 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    The idea is that Skeer pulls his current target to him. Sometimes, he does that right after engaging (usually he only does that after he lands), causing your character to land on his platform. With Alter Time you can jump down, pull, and go back up. The only time when I successfully pulled that way, no one could hit me from down there, but I accidentally became Skeer's target and got pulled back down.

Still no idea how to make Skeer pull on pull, but I hope I'll find out soon.
    Well, from the pulls I had on Mythic Paragons, it seems that Skeer does that after releasing your spirit too fast.
    It always happened with Rik'kal still alive. If I didn't manage to kill Rik'kal fast enough, and died, the different enemies would take a considerable amount of time before despawning, leading them to enter in combat with me while resurrecting in the raid, and thus leading the encounter to bug on the next attempt, and reset.
    To counter this bug, just waiting a few seconds (10-15) before releasing spirit is enough.
    From the moment I entered in combat right after coming back to life, I knew I had to throw one pull without any components in order not to waste time and money (components).

About ToT 25N/HM,
    If you have the possibility to generate a source of aggro on one of Magaera's heads (Elemental? Mirror Images? - I do so with my Statue as a Monk), you are able to deviate the breaths from that head, making the encounter 20 times easier (as an indicator, the boss could be done in 10 Heroic difficulty with 620 ilvl with that Strategy, over 660+ without, for my class). You only have to focus on one head to survive on, therefore. Also, the damages of Rampage should be the same between 10 and 25 players versions. Just saying, if you're looking for a funny encounter in terms of timing .
    With that Strategy, it's possible to stay infinitely with the Purple head being tanked, in Heroic difficulty, preventing the mana mobs annoyances from appearing (they can't appear while the Purple head is alive).

That aside, well done for your recent achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Well, from the pulls I had on Mythic Paragons, it seems that Skeer does that after releasing your spirit too fast.
    It always happened with Rik'kal still alive. If I didn't manage to kill Rik'kal fast enough, and died, the different enemies would take a considerable amount of time before despawning, leading them to enter in combat with me while resurrecting in the raid, and thus leading the encounter to bug on the next attempt, and reset.
    To counter this bug, just waiting a few seconds (10-15) before releasing spirit is enough.
    From the moment I entered in combat right after coming back to life, I knew I had to throw one pull without any components in order not to waste time and money (components).

About ToT 25N/HM,
    If you have the possibility to generate a source of aggro on one of Magaera's heads (Elemental? Mirror Images? - I do so with my Statue as a Monk), you are able to deviate the breaths from that head, making the encounter 20 times easier (as an indicator, the boss could be done in 10 Heroic difficulty with 620 ilvl with that Strategy, over 660+ without, for my class). You only have to focus on one head to survive on, therefore. Also, the damages of Rampage should be the same between 10 and 25 players versions. Just saying, if you're looking for a funny encounter in terms of timing .
    With that Strategy, it's possible to stay infinitely with the Purple head being tanked, in Heroic difficulty, preventing the mana mobs annoyances from appearing (they can't appear while the Purple head is alive).

That aside, well done for your recent achievements
    Thanks!

For the Megaera strategy, it is the one you used in your heroic video, yes? It should be replicable - thanks again for mentioning it. While the incoming damage is still very high for mages in 25H, having to deal only with 1 set of tank debuffs should make it a lot easier. Will definitely try again next reset.

Interestingly, a lot of fights in ToT gets very interesting for mages with pet tanking. For instance, you can tank Horridon well away from yourself and focus on adds (obviously there comes a point where Horridon's vulnerability wins out, due to leech, against the damage he can deal, but at start it is far better to not attack him, at least until maybe after 2nd gate?)

Or, for instance, Primordius. The fight becomes a lot easier (well, only at the beginning, but still) if you use your elemental to tank it while you go and collect mutations.
    Although of course it doesn't quite work on a lot of bosses. Both Council and Tortos, for instance, kills elementals way faster than you can resummon them (so does Jin'rokh, actually. Would be a lot easier if he doesn't.)

For the Skeer bug - interesting. I'll see if I can replicate it again with that information.

PS: Just tried - releasing as soon as possible is necessary to basically bugging out the encounter, but not to getting pulled up. At the next pull they might just reset, pull you only halfway, or even do nothing at all. I did get pulled up again 2 times during an hour of testing. The first time, Skeer pulled me back down after I did nothing and the water elemental died. The second time, my pet and I both did nothing, and he automatically acquired me as a target, pulling me down.

Honestly, this will probably not work for killing Mythic Paragons, but still deserves some tries.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-03-28 at 01:38 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    The closest was Jin'rokh 25N, which is still not a kill.
    Jin'rokh should be doable at ~745 ilvl (and with a lot of leech), Horridon maybe doable now but with a good strat, and the rest probably not yet.
    Why did you choose Frost for Jin'rokh? Couldn't you simply kite for a bit, use Ice Blocks, etc. (and even the pre-pull tank heirloom if needed) and then kill the boss shortly after your opener in the pool as Arcane? The screenshot you linked is for 25H, by the way - 25N only has something around 14-15M health and so should be very easy.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2016-03-28 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Why did you choose Frost for Jin'rokh? Couldn't you simply kite for a bit, use Ice Blocks, etc. (and even the pre-pull tank heirloom if needed) and then kill the boss shortly after your opener in the pool as Arcane? The screenshot you linked is for 25H, by the way - 25N only has something around 14-15M health and so should be very easy.
    Ah, yes, I meant Jin'rokh 25H, sorry.

That is actually how I killed Jin'rokh the first time in 25N, but the damage won't be enough for 25H, I think - the pool gives 40% extra damage, whereas I can at most do around 12M (and that, only when VERY lucky) with glyphed AP and exhausting all mana.

As for using Frost - I've been trying many bosses recently with Frost and Mark of Supreme Doom. The reliable, constant damage with high leech means your survivability is really good.