Game doesn't load like half the time

I really enjoy this game, but this is unbelievably obnoxious. The game takes FOREVER to load if it ever loads at all. Is this a problem for everyone else? Really kills my mood to play the game (especially since matchmaking takes forever).

Deleted
    never had this issue myself

Only issue I've had is texture bugs sometimes, no loading issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    I really enjoy this game, but this is unbelievably obnoxious. The game takes FOREVER to load if it ever loads at all. Is this a problem for everyone else? Really kills my mood to play the game (especially since matchmaking takes forever).
    Hm, I don't know. Maybe server issues? Or maybe something local with your connection if it's really happening that much. The game isn't very good at dealing with unstable connections, as you might have noticed from the "SO-AND-SO HAS LEFT THE GAME JOINED THE GAME LEFT THE GAME JOINED THE GAME" spam.

I've definitely had this issue - games where you spend forever on the loading bar and then find yourself back at the menu, but it's probably happened less than 10 times to me over the course of the alpha, and I've played several hundred games at this point. Definitely not every other game.

That said, I've not had a chance to play the last couple days, so if it's a new problem that might be why I have't experienced it at that frequency.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I have it happen every now and then; it'll start loading and make it 25-50% and then just sit there forever. Happens to friends I'm playing with as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    I have it happen every now and then; it'll start loading and make it 25-50% and then just sit there forever. Happens to friends I'm playing with as well.
    Yeah, it definitely happens. When it happens to you, it happens to everyone in the match on both sides.

But it shouldn't be happening on 50% of the games queued for. That means something else is wrong.

| twitch | bsky
    |

So far I have not had that happen to me at all. Could potentially be a problem with your computer, but not sure. Possibly contact blizz, but I don't see them being able to do much with a game still in alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah, it definitely happens. When it happens to you, it happens to everyone in the match on both sides.

But it shouldn't be happening on 50% of the games queued for. That means something else is wrong.
    Good to know, I just had this happen to me twice in a row. :x First time ever though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Good to know, I just had this happen to me twice in a row. :x First time ever though.
    If I get it twice in a row, I just assume there's some server issue and I sorta give up trying for awhile, come back in an hour.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an alpha. At least it's now rather than when the game is actually out (which I'm sure it still will) or even beta (which I'm sure it still will). Occasionally it will do this to my friends and I and we will have to either alt F4 or exit the game because it won't let us requeue

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why its called an alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's alpha... no one is saying otherwise.

I am not sure why that makes people's concerns worth dismissing. Alpha is precisely the time to bring attention to this issues. That's the entire point of a test; to uncover bugs and problems.

And obviously the problem is significant if it is preventing some people from even being able to test if they can't get past the menu.

| twitch | bsky
    |

is there a way for OP to record the program data that's going on when this problem happens?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    is there a way for OP to record the program data that's going on when this problem happens?
    It doesn't pop up and error on the front end, but Blizzard can probably see it on the backend. Server stability was the initial testing goal of the tech alpha so they're probably keeping a close eye on that kind of stuff.

| twitch | bsky
    |