Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Far Cry 4 Announced

Release in novermber 18-20 this year apparently.

http://blog.ubi.com/far-cry-4-release-date-kyrat/

Ubisoft description

"Far Cry 4 is set in Kyrat, an untamed region currently ruled by a despotic self-appointed king. But don’t be lulled into a false sense of security by the achingly beautiful views; Kyrat is a wild land full of perils. Once again, players will be able to craft their own stories as they travel through this exotic open world teeming with wildlife – using their wits along with an assortment of powerful weapons and diverse vehicles."

i don't expect huge change in 2 years from far cry 3 release (2012), but that game was pretty good, so more of the same is not a bad thing for now, as far as i'm concerned.

EDIT forgot to mentioned, it will be available on XB360, PS3, XB1, PS4 and PC. So it's still a cross gen game.

No Wii U version though. Looks like Ubisoft had abandonned the Wii U for now.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2014-05-16 at 09:04 AM.

Fuck even if they cloned far cry 3 into a new environment I'd be happy as a clam.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest. I read
    Kyrat is a wild land full of perils
    As "Kyrat is a wild land full of penis"
    I am way too tired.

I imagine with how Farcry 3 was, 4th one wouldn't be a huge difference but who knows.
    Forgot where I read but they're aiming to be a top ten seller of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging from some of the structures in the art linked, i am assuming FC4 will take place in an Asian biome? Could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Judging from some of the structures in the art linked, i am assuming FC4 will take place in an Asian biome? Could be interesting.
    I wonder what the power up / level system will be, I hardly think they'll go the tattoo route again
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forwards to this, a lot. Loved Far Cry 3, was my favourite game of 2012, one of the few games I've completed 100% and still wanted more of. Hopefully they fix up the Co-Op this time, because, the Far Cry 3's was an awful mess, and was only fun because I could run through it with my friends, and have a laugh at the issues that plagued it.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it looks like some Tibet mountains.
    http://www.wildchina.com/blog/wp-con...chuan_2012.jpg
    So you will probaly killing chinese mercenarys this time.

The lord could be a smuggler of drugs and other stuff:
    http://pangolins.org/2011/11/10/tibe...ildlife-trade/
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Just announced and people are already crying homophobia and racism.Never change internet.

Looks bretty interesting otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Just announced and people are already crying homophobia and racism.Never change internet.

Looks bretty interesting otherwise.
    there is no phobia in "homophobia" more like homodisgust ;]

Please stay on topic; keep the offensive remarks to yourself.
    Last edited by Sj; 2014-05-16 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    They can easily use the same engine, and they really don't need to do anything with the graphics, I feel that we've reached a level where they are 'good enough' and shouldn't waste development time and money improving them, instead of paying writers and system designers to make a fun game.

I had only 2 gripes with the last game. Firstly, was that you felt punished by not taking the 'silent' route when playing the game. You got bonuses for taking out complexes without being seen or raising the alarm. I'd like there to be a system too that gave you a bonus for kill streaks, which would reward you for charging in and killing everything quickly (and not dying in the process)

Secondly, the game should also auto detect whether you are using keyboard+mouse or joypad, it annoyed me as I used the mouse for walking and shooting, while I use the joypad for driving, and you had to manually switch between the 2 on the options instead of the game automatically swapping controls (Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning did this)

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    there is no phobia in "homophobia" more like homodisgust ;]
    Feeling insecure, are we?

Anyway. We'll see how this turns out. Hopefully the main character will be less annoying then in FC3.

Ah, same shit different clothing. Don't you just love milking the franchise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Ah, same shit different clothing. Don't you just love milking the franchise.
    I would agree with you on things like CoD, or Battlefield (to a lesser extent), but for me Farcry was about the single player story, and mechanics. The setting and plot is important, and as long as that is new, I'm happy. I don't play these games for their multiplayer (though I would love dropin-dropout co-op support like Borderlands).

My favourite comments on that article are those with "Not going to be on WiiU? Then I'm not buying it!" If you are a WiiU owner, then you are clearly not their intended customer, so making a scene over it is beyond futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I would agree with you on things like CoD, or Battlefield (to a lesser extent), but for me Farcry was about the single player story, and mechanics. The setting and plot is important, and as long as that is new, I'm happy. I don't play these games for their multiplayer (though I would love dropin-dropout co-op support like Borderlands).

My favourite comments on that article are those with "Not going to be on WiiU? Then I'm not buying it!" If you are a WiiU owner, then you are clearly not their intended customer, so making a scene over it is beyond futile.
    They're heading towards CoD and Battlefield. Assassin's Creed is already like that and after the success of Far Cry 3, they'll start milking this franchise as well by not changing anything except the layout and maybe some new weapons. I understand what you mean, I prefer SP as well. But when the games look and feel identical there shouldn't be an added number. Perhaps something like Far Cry 3 *insert new name* instead of Far Cry 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    They're heading towards CoD and Battlefield. Assassin's Creed is already like that and after the success of Far Cry 3, they'll start milking this franchise as well by not changing anything except the layout and maybe some new weapons. I understand what you mean, I prefer SP as well. But when the games look and feel identical there shouldn't be an added number. Perhaps something like Far Cry 3 *insert new name* instead of Far Cry 4.
    Far cry 2 to 3 was a very big change, you dont even know how different FC4 will be (prolly wont be a big change as 2-3) but to be honest im okay with 4 having a different setting even if it has the same engine as long as the game is interesting.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Far cry 2 to 3 was a very big change, you dont even know how different FC4 will be (prolly wont be a big change as 2-3) but to be honest im okay with 4 having a different setting even if it has the same engine as long as the game is interesting.
    The engine will be CryEngine3. Though Dunia engine was based off it, the engine will be different kinda. So far the game looks like Far Cry 3.5. After E3 we'll be able to say for sure though. I'm just calling it now that it will be Far Cry 3 with new faces and weapons More resembling a mod than a full game.

Deleted
    It's a ruse. They're really making blood Dragon 2!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Yes, Himalaya. My jimmies are rustled over this game, spent countless hours in FC3 fooling around
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    It's a ruse. They're really making blood Dragon 2!
    I fucking wish!

I kinda hated Far Cry 3. The gameplay was fun, but I didn't care much for playing as an incompetent douchebag.