Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizzard creates games by two rules.

A) Use open or hidden time constraints to make things artificially harder than they would be without.
    B) Use as much RNG as possible to artificially add replay value that would otherwise be nonexistent.

If you buy Blizzard games this is what you get, in one form or another. Now you could ignore it, just play the damn game and have fun with friends, but as soon as you start getting personal issues with this you might want to consider playing other games. Different genres. There's so much out there, really no point in playing Blizzard's games if you don't like em.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

I´m sorry but RNG is the best loot system ever designed. It´s the only thing that keeps ARPGs interesting.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I´m sorry but RNG is the best loot system ever designed. It´s the only thing that keeps ARPGs interesting.

/thread
    Yes if RNG is on your side. I mentioned this example before but like 3 weeks ago I saw a Wizard that had looted pretty much everything, AND NOW THE SHOCKER: He had only farmed 14k bloodshards at that time. And some off his items even had some sick roll's...His best item was perfect trifecta vyrs gloves (Archon set), just missing 686 int/750 int, rest was perfect...We'll maybe CDR is better than IAS but anywho.

Edit: Anywho inn general RNG dosen't annoy me to much at all, its more when you just want 1-2 specific drops. For me that is Wand of woh mostly, but Id love Soj and Ice Climbers to.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I got 3 set peices for my Crusader yesterday.

My RNG rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sigma-2642/career

I started ROS as Paragon 80, This should give you an idea on how much I have played since release.

I have found LOADS of set pieces, some multiple times including
    Full Tal'rash and Full Vyrs (Wizard)
    Full Invoker Set (Thorns)
    5/6 Akkhan Set (crusader)

Several Set Rings / Necks, a Few Items for other Classes I am not playing, and I have lost count of the amount of blackthorns I have found, Needless to say, your argument that those that play less get more gear is complete and utter nonsense. it is RNG.
    OK i can play this game too.

I came in at around paragon 75. That sounds about right as my highest Plvl prior to RoS was only like 40. I have found Nats crossbow and helm. That was all I found the entire time I played until this weekend. I have since found jade shoulders, gloves, pants, and also zuni chest and mojo. So basically if there was no birthday buff I probably wouldnt have found them. I just saw some guy in WD channel with 47 hours played with full jade set, SoJ, Quez, really nice Sunkeeper. So yea play less get rewarded more.

- - - Updated - - -

/thread
    Im fluent in sarcasm but I still cant tell if serious. If anything they should have a weighted RNG system. For example player A is online for 1 hour a day. He gets really awesome loot. Player B is on for 5 hours a day and never loots anything good. They should add a system that adds a legendary bonus after playing for a certain amount of time. Like for every hour that you are actually playing it goes up 10%. So if I play for 5 hours I now have a 50% chance at legendary items dropping. That still keeps RNG but allows people who play more a better chance at getting loot.

I wish paragon still had magic find but then again paragon doesnt mean anything as you can tell from my pics that paragon has absolutely NO correlation with time played.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    For example player A is online for 1 hour a day. He gets really awesome loot. Player B is on for 5 hours a day and never loots anything good.
    I have a better idea.

Player A gets good loot because he plays the game for fun.
    Player B gets jackshit because he is a miserable introvert that hates when someone gets more when he plays less.

Deleted

/thread
    This is what i like about diablo, RNG, yes i agree RNG can be a bitch, till now she screw me big time with my Monk and Crusader, for example i played with my monk weeks and weeks and i still didn't progress more then T1, drops even crafts where crap, 2 days ago i reroll to wizard and im in t5 already, not only i got lucky with drops but all the crafts where perfect, RNG is RNG you will not complain when you will get extremely lucky and get insane items fast

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Why fix something that is not broken? Rewards people who play less and punish who play more? What a bullshit.

perfect example of how fucked up current loot system is. please tell me how the hell you think someone with 200k kills should have better loot than someone with over 1.5 million?

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, you'd think the muppets that had no clue what Diablo or an ARPG is would at least stumble over some other threads that explained the difference to a game like WoW by now.

http://i.imgur.com/qLpTjfw.png
    http://i.imgur.com/agLXV50.png

perfect example of how fucked up current loot system is. please tell me how the hell you think someone with 200k kills should have better loot than someone with over 1.5 million?
    Well beside rng, there is quite a difference between you and him. You are 37 para levels apart and you have 1,4mil more kills. Thats tells that you do a lot of bountries on normal and/or rifts on low torment. While he could be doing t6, which gives him the better chance of getting loot. All in all, just because you got more kills, doesnt mean anything, since if he is keeping up with you in para levels, it means he is doing way harder/more rewarding difficulties.

Point being, with that amount of kills, you should be way higher para level, unless you a) dont farm normal b) got the kills pre para release (so those kills didnt come in ros). Sure rng plays a role, but if you dont up your game and go t4+ and keep on doing t1- dont expect same results as someone who does t5-6.
    Last edited by Itakas; 2014-05-19 at 01:19 PM.

Luck and quality of kills. It's not very mysterious.

There is nothing broken in the loot system. The loot system is not supposed to be fair. The system is not supposed to be equal.

No amount of time spent, kill quality, efficacy or dedication will guarantee any one player will acquire the gear they desire. Those things might increase your chances, sure, but there is no point of design that even suggests (in practice & historically) players will net a desired item in the desired stat arrangement.

These arguments opposed to RNG are completely ignorant in the context of the ARPG genre and Diablo franchise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lilly32. Not to to rain on your parade, but what level are you playing on? Normals? I have 1.4mill monster kills at 555 paragon. Try to up the difficulty and you might get some good gear.(or more gear to drop atleast)

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Lilly32. Not to to rain on your parade, but what level are you playing on? Normals? I have 1.4mill monster kills at 555 paragon. Try to up the difficulty and you might get some good gear.(or more gear to drop atleast)
    I only do group play when Rifting. Its usually torment 4/5 in same class groups. Sometimes I will only do t3 if Im feeling lazy.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Most likely he was playing with friends and they gave each other loot.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only do group play when Rifting. Its usually torment 4/5 in same class groups. Sometimes I will only do t3 if Im feeling lazy.
    Just wondered since this is me:

And I have about 10-20% of that from before Paragons got implemented. You are doing something ineficient and are complaining about low loot drops.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is what makes the game endlessly fun. It's a very specific genre that I don't expect much from in the realm of guarantee. I think the changes they've made have taken long strides to making it more accessible and appropriate (kadala, enchanting, etc). I don't play enough to even being to complain about loot. This buff has felt like it hit a sweet spot for me personally, but I haven't been playing as much as others either...perhaps that influences my perception. But to change the loot mechanism in a game like this? No. It would pretty much ruin all desire for me to play endlessly and place an artificial time limit on my progression. That works for me in MMOs. It can stay there.
    BAD WOLF

People complaining about RNG should go and get all their stats turned to 1 by one of D1 pools...
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

You've been rewarded with probably a much higher paragon level than the other guy. Beyond that, if you can handle T6.... that's the end of the line.

Sure, it's annoying when I'm paragon 220+ and still have only gotten 1 class set item, yet I see people sub-100 paragon with full sets and sick legendaries...but RNG is RNG.

RNG is part of the game - some people are simply screwed by it and there's nothing you can do apart accept it or refuse it and stop playing. There's no democracy or meritocracy in Diablo - only luck.

Anyway i must say from what i've played, that some classes have the upper hand on this (not saying that you get definitely good drops with a special class). On my DH which i have around 700 hours on, i have pretty good gear which is fine for me given the time i spent on him. On my WD i have not that level of gear, but a pretty good one - the point is that i invested like 60 hours total on it.

Is that RNG? Partially yes, but WD can run a pet build which requires very little gear (just gamble for Mask of jeram which isn't that rare) and you get to jump torment difficulties like hell. It took me a lot to go up with my DH (now at T5 farming status), while i'm alread steadily farming T3 rifts/bounties in the WD - that simply makes farming gear much easier. I got 2 zunimassa already and 2 jade harvesters (well, 3 i got double chest) - it took literally a tenth of the time.

Loot system doesn't need to be fixed - they give you the opportunity to get gear. The rest is up to you and RNG. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.