10+ Year Old Account

It's time wo re work the trial

It has to be said that one of the ways that Blizzard could grow it's sub numbers is the trial version, it gives people access to one of the greatest online experiences in the world (of Warcraft), however, Blizzard has stated that the turn over rate from trial to subbed account isn't very high. I think this is because those playing on the trial account are limited to some of the most boring parts of the game. In my opinion the trial should be expanded a little further, it should be able to teach each person about their individual class: what stats they use and what armor to wear. It should also make apparent to them that they can join a dungeon and experience group content at level 15. It needs to not limit the communication as much as it does it does with regular players (Yes, I'm aware it's to avoid spammers and gold sellers.)

I personally don't know what could be done to help the trial's success rate, but I'm wondering what input you guys have.

What do you think should be done to infuse the game with new blood?
    Last edited by Merpish; 2014-05-19 at 12:37 AM. Reason: If a mod could edit my title to say we, instead of wo, that would be great, the OCD is killing me *_*
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

Some games like Eve-online have the whole "new player experience" thing that guides you somewhat but also makes it relevant and interesting.

I think wow could use this. Something more engaging than areas that are 10 years old and look it. With the character boosts though I can't imagine them polishing off old areas or adding engaging content at low level. I think its an oversight.

Deleted
    * Well about the communication cut off, they can always make it so that people on trial can communicate at lvl 10 or something like that, just to not cut them off completely.

* they could open one or two dungeons that people on trial accounts can run

in my opinion the biggest flaw in the trial system is the inability to join a guild. one of the biggest reasons people keep playing WoW is the community. sure there's some arseholes but it's the friends we make in the game who we enjoy playing with that keep us coming back during the quiet periods between major content patches
    by allowing trialists to join a guild they make more connections within the game that encourage them to upgrade to a subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    * Well about the communication cut off, they can always make it so that people on trial can communicate at lvl 10 or something like that, just to not cut them off completely.

* they could open one or two dungeons that people on trial accounts can run
    Wait you can't even do a dungeon or bg?? No wonder people don't pick up WoW... haha questing ahaha wow...

1. Give players the ability to queue for Ragefire Chasm, Stormwind Stockade, and the Walling Caverns for dungeons; Arathi Basin and Warsong Glutch for battlegrounds. One of the main reasons why people play WoW is to raid. Giving them a bit of instance content will give newcomers a small taste of what's to come.

2. Starting zones should be refined so that side quests in WoW can easily be identified as side quests, just like in WoD; where side quest information in the log should simply tell you what you need to do and what you get with minimal lore fuss in between. That way, players will be more likely to understand exactly what to do on side quests, and be more likely to read the lore for the main quest lines.