Thread: Lone Wolf

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    Celestalon already stated that master's call and other talent abilities that invovle pet won't work if you spec into Lone Wolf, all i can see that this is not the case with Warlock's GoSac, also why can't they make spec related talents for MM/SV like they are doing with Mages?

Call it whatever you want you have the same case for 2 different classes 1 get a fair treatment the other not, that's discrimination in my eyes.

P.S - Chimera Shot is Nature dmg.
    My bad for missing Chimera shot. Everything else is physical except serpent sting but MM/BM lose it in WoD.

We lose 2 talent choices and 1 base ability with some number of glyph (I haven't counted) if what Celestalon says holds true till launch. I think I can live with that. It sounds like we get more damage out of our pets than warlocks do. I guess there's some balance there.

However, warlocks are OP in the end and hunters are only strong on high movement fights. Oh well. One day we'll be awesome and everyone will want us and we aren't on the Shit list of having to do X, Y, and Z responsibility. I guess we're just there for the important jobs and nothing else. /rant

Also on a side note for mages - they are doing Mage bombs that way because there's favoritism between the bombs so they have to make it so you are forced to use frost bomb as a frost mage or nether tempest as arcane. Right now, Living bomb is the huge favorite across all 3 specs in PvE for Single Target and then it's nether tempest for AoE. Go Figure.

Deleted
    Well, they say that Hunters don't have distinguishable specializations. True. So... maybe the solution would be to just simply add an option to go solo, not necessarily as a spec, but just an option in the game, though as I'm thinking about it now, it could go well with Marksmanship, because Beast Master requires a pet, and Survival could also be considered to require a pet (not necessarily skill-wise, but what survival means), but Marksmanship, it could be the way to go. I'd still prefer it more to be an option in the game though, because obviously we all have different preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by BURIED E View Post
    Well, they say that Hunters don't have distinguishable specializations. True. So... maybe the solution would be to just simply add an option to go solo, not necessarily as a spec, but just an option in the game, though as I'm thinking about it now, it could go well with Marksmanship, because Beast Master requires a pet, and Survival could also be considered to require a pet (not necessarily skill-wise, but what survival means), but Marksmanship, it could be the way to go. I'd still prefer it more to be an option in the game though, because obviously we all have different preferences.
    The option in the game will be Lone Wolf. We finally get the option. As for variances between the hunter spec: MM is pure physical and bleed damage (aside from Chimera Shot and Serpent sting (soon to be taken away)). Survival is Magic damage from traps and arrows (fire, poison, w/e). BM is the pet doing the majority of your damage. We're a unique class and in order to keep the uniqueness, they just require us to use our range weapon to do damage while choose between mostly physical, magic, or massive pet damage.
    Last edited by Nerfgun; 2014-05-20 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfgun View Post
    The option in the game will be Lone Wolf. We finally get the option. As for variances between the hunter spec: MM is pure physical and bleed damage (aside from Chimera Shot and Serpent sting (soon to be taken away)). Survival is Magic damage from traps and arrows (fire, poison, w/e). BM is the pet doing the majority of your damage. We're a unique class and in order to keep the uniqueness, they just require us to use our range weapon to do damage while choose between mostly physical, magic, or massive pet damage.
    So it is confirmed by Blizzard? There is going to be the 'Lone Wolf' option?

Quote Originally Posted by darcubus View Post
    I can't believe that hunters are going to get a bonus 30% damage increase for not having a pet with Lone Wolf, and warlocks get less when using GoSac?!?

Call it whatever you want you have the same case for 2 different classes 1 get a fair treatment the other not, that's discrimination in my eyes….. Just saying.

That and WoD isn’t even in Beta yet.
    Why do u need beta to tell you it won't work when a lead developer says it won't work?

And your argument about warlocks don't get 30% dmg from GoSac really stupid at the end DPS will be balanced (honestly first time I see a lock whining about dps) .

The fact that Lone wolf Hunters can't use certain talents and GoSac Warlocks can is not cool and I can't define it other than class discrimination, Why a Hunter that chooses to go without a pet can pick from less talents than a Warlock who chooses to go without a pet?
    Last edited by Beoren; 2014-05-20 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Seems dumb to me. Hunters are always shown with a pet in pictures and a lot of the old quests talked about you bonding with your companion.It made sense with a warlock because they are always sacrificing things for more power, but it makes a lot less sense for a hunter.
    Rangers like Alleria, Vereesa, Sylvanas and Shandris predate WoW and never had pets. The first character with pet was Rexxar, and he was melee. When WoW came they baked the pet into the sharpshooter class, but people have been wanting to go petless since forever.

And you are not sacrificing your pet. You just like to hunt alone.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, is anyone ever going to go Lone Wolf in PvP? You'd be losing Sac, too, if you weren't BM. I can't claim flaming shots or focusing shot would be any good for PvP MM or SV, but, I mean....well...hopefully something good replaces Flaming Shots?
    I'll take Lone Wolf just because I love the concept and always wanted to get rid of the pet. I do PvP and PvE, thought I'm not the biggest player in either (partly because I play with what I think it's fun, not exactly the best skills/talents). That's part of the reason for my campaign for a petless Master's Call: I know how much it will be missed in PvP situations.

I don't care if the talent is not the best option for PvP, so long it is still viable. But I do care when a talent just gimps a class to the point of not being a viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by darcubus View Post
    I can't believe that hunters are going to get a bonus 30% damage increase for not having a pet with Lone Wolf, and warlocks get less when using GoSac?!?

Call it whatever you want you have the same case for 2 different classes 1 get a fair treatment the other not, that's discrimination in my eyes….. Just saying.
    That's still going to be balance, tuning phase has not been done yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the percentage drops.

Also different classes are different. How much damage and utility each class' pet provides is very different.

That and WoD isn’t even in Beta yet.
    Alpha is when they implement the ideas they want for the game. It's the right moment for us to point out potential non-tuning problems with current concepts, so Blizzard at least knows our concerns and considers them.

Tuning is later. Notice no one is saying the damage is too high or too low. We are questioning things that are not so related to numbers: defense and utility. Master's Call is not a DPS cooldown...

I fear that if we get into Beta with Lone Wolf unable to use Master's Call, we may not see it viable until Blizzard finally (if ever) change their minds in some faraway post-release content patch...

Quote Originally Posted by BURIED E View Post
    So it is confirmed by Blizzard? There is going to be the 'Lone Wolf' option?
    It has been confirmed for months. It's a level 100 talent for Survival/Marksmanship. When you are without a pet, you get 30% more damage (to be balanced yet, percentages may change) and have access to aura-like powers that provide raid buffs. Right now the biggest drawback is that it invalidates 3 talents (Intimidation, Spirit Bond and Blink Strikes) and Master's Call without replacement.

I've been bothering Celestalon, Holinka and everyone else about the necessity of making a petless version of Master's Call so the talent is viable in PvP.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2014-05-20 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted
    The point is there is only one class (or rather, two specs) in the game which has to sacrifice three talents and two major abilities (might be even more) to get a top tier talent. I don't see how anybody can consider that not bad design.

And to the genius saying GoSac doesn't provide you with 30% increased dmg: 1) 30% is roughly the same amount of dmg your pet does already; 2) GoSac isn't a top tier talent, LW is, an I remember it being the top dos choice before it got nerfed anyway. People should stop comparing them if not for the strict mechanic of losing the pet.