Is it safe to play Call of Duty?

I haven't played COD since MW2, but am itching for a fix of some console FPS action, and it's pretty obvious Call of Duty is generally the first choice. But I've heard many bad things like how people will send you sincere death threats (see article of attempted murder by an old man) for merely playing better, and due to the game's immense player base, there are hackers that will try to hack your account if they simply feel like it.

Also currently not sure between Black Ops 2 or Ghosts if anyone can give feedback on that as well. Again, please understand my train of thought right now, and take into consideration that I currently don't have a gaming PC.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Lol xD I would definitely be careful with the death threats and attempted murders, not to mention the brain damage.

if you reaaaaaaaaaaally, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to play cod better wait until november for the new one.

Deleted
    Well I'm not a big FPS fan but I try to answer your questions anyways. If you want COD go check if there's still a community left for Black Ops 2, otherwise get Ghosts. But since Black Ops 2 is considered much better I'd suggest you better try that one. On the other hand, why not get Battlefield 4? It had some problems but most of them are fixed by now as far as I know. If I were you I'd get Battlefield but it's mostly personal preference.

And about the death treats. Do you really care? Since the dawn of the internet we've seen stuff like that, no need to keep crying imo.

No its not, I die all the time when playing it
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Deleted
    You are going to get a lot of drama in here, i've played all CoDs up to Ghosts (which is the only one I didn't buy) and It's just not worth it. Blops 2 was decent but there's just better FPS out there on PC. I quit playing CoD after Blops 2 as I was just sick of the same shit, year in, year out, and the DLC is getting out of hands, it just seperates the community (bad one at that)

My personal recommendation, pick up another FPS. I went back to counter strike, 1) requires a lot more skill and get a much bigger satisfaction from playing it. 2) The small amount of DLC they add isn't required (it's normally like 1-2 dollars, and the money goes back to the people that made the maps) 3) It's community is just better, you'll often just have casual chats in casual games with people over VOIP, and i'm yet to hear any of this shit I hear from console players. 4) The game is sooo cheap, you can pick up CSGO for less then 10 dollars on a steam sale, I still see CoD games released 5 years ago at 30 dollars. 5) You can run CSGO on just about any PC and be fine.

That's just my opinion though, if you are tied with playing CoD, I hear Blops 2 is still the better FPS.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2014-05-18 at 01:54 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played battlefield in a long time, but I had a great time wih BF2 and BF3 so I would assume i would like 4. I would look into the battlefield series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention the swatting trend. I'd care about that more than the death threats.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5195659.html
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Well I'm not a big FPS fan but I try to answer your questions anyways. If you want COD go check if there's still a community left for Black Ops 2, otherwise get Ghosts. But since Black Ops 2 is considered much better I'd suggest you better try that one. On the other hand, why not get Battlefield 4? It had some problems but most of them are fixed by now as far as I know. If I were you I'd get Battlefield but it's mostly personal preference.

And about the death treats. Do you really care? Since the dawn of the internet we've seen stuff like that, no need to keep crying imo.
    In response to this, not only have I heard Battlefield 4 is basically broken, it has no console player base. They're all on the PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get Ghost....most people prefer Black Ops. I have an avid player...plays every day rain or shine and has yet to get a death threat or an actual attempt on his life. You have to realize the average age of players on that game is around 12. BUT if you're really paranoid that 12 year olds may get mad at you.....stay away from it.

Just keep playing MW2, it's all the same up to this point anyway. My nephew plays COD a lot, though he plays Ghosts now... He's not dead and nobody has hacked him so all is well! You do got a lot of DDOS'ing going around though, and underhanded business is rife in the semi-competitive games and even small organised competitions.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-05-18 at 01:58 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    On the other hand, why not get Battlefield 4?
    He want's a game where if you fire your gun, the bullets don't bounce back and kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    You are going to get a lot of drama in here, i've played all CoDs up to Ghosts (which is the only one I didn't buy) and It's just not worth it. Blops 2 was decent but there's just better FPS out there on PC. I quit playing CoD after Blops 2 as I was just sick of the same shit, year in, year out, and the DLC is getting out of hands, it just seperates the community (bad one at that)

My personal recommendation, pick up another FPS. I went back to counter strike, 1) requires a lot more skill and get a much bigger satisfaction from playing it. 2) The small amount of DLC they add isn't required (it's normally like 1-2 dollars, and the money goes back to the people that made the maps) 3) It's community is just better, you'll often just have casual chats in casual games with people over VOIP, and i'm yet to hear any of this shit I hear from console players. 4) The game is sooo cheap, you can pick up CSGO for less then 10 dollars on a steam sale, I still see CoD games released 5 years ago at 30 dollars. 5) You can run CSGO on just about any PC and be fine.

That's just my opinion though, if you are tied with playing CoD, I hear Blops 2 is still the better FPS.
    This thread & mostly this post made me buy CS:GO right now. Been years since I played it and if its as good as it used to, AWESOME!

When it comes to the CoD games.. you get to hear alot of shit there. Just how it is. And the CoD games is just the same thing over again every year, but now you gotta buy expensive DLC just to play with people..
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you serious? Of course it's safe to play it.

Well, it really looks like I'm out of luck with console FPS judging from the comments here.

If you want to avoid stupid people, then playing any sort of online game is the wrong way to go about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Well, it really looks like I'm out of luck with console FPS judging from the comments here.

Pc + battelfield = best right now just after CS.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderNerò87 View Post
    No its not, I die all the time when playing it
    I enjoyed reading that.