10+ Year Old Account

Please help with crashing!

As of Thursday I am crashing during CS:GO. The game is completely freezing and forcing me to hard reset my PC in order to start it back up. I have checked CPU temperatures along with GPU and everything seems fine. I have also ran a Memory Test for my RAM and it came up with no problems. I tried uninstalling steam and then installing it again(on my SSD this time), Same end result. I will be playing for X amount of minutes and it will completely freeze with sound looping. Ctrl Alt Delete will work but not allow me to do anything, along with alt+tab/alt+f4. I have rerolled back to an older gpu driver and the same, i have restored BIOS defaults taking my OC off my cpu, same results. I really do not know what to do anymore, and it is beginning to drive me crazy. I play CS:GO competitively and I cannot play properly with my PC doing this. If anyone has any help, please lend me a hand. My PC specs are in my sig, thank you guys,.
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

Deleted
    The looping sound freeze is common symptom for overheating and overclock issues. Are the temps at acceptable levels?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samthing View Post
    The looping sound freeze is common symptom for overheating and overclock issues. Are the temps at acceptable levels?
    Yes, the temps are the same as they've always been. My CPU is < 48C, and I haven't OC'd my GPU. It's still stock and whatever boost it has. I reset my OC Profile and just used OC Genie, so it's only at 4.0GHz and it's still crashing
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro

Did you check your event viewer for errors and crashes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Did you check your event viewer for errors and crashes?
    Good idea, I don't really know what I am looking at though. All I see is the error of me restarting the computer "non cleanly" because I have to hard reset it everytime. What should I be looking at in EVENT VIEWER?

Generally you'll want to look at the activity right before the "non cleanly" events. look for warnings/crashes/criticals. they should have an error code in one of them. I don't really have any currently on my system to show you an example. You'll want to look in the details section for the error code. copy and paste it into google and I'm sure there will be plenty of info on it. Another thing you can try is to try updating your graphics card drivers. I've seen this cause a great number of errors and crashes on the computers I worked on at my last job.

Do you only have these problems when playing CS:GO?

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally you'll want to look at the activity right before the "non cleanly" events. look for warnings/crashes/criticals. they should have an error code in one of them. I don't really have any currently on my system to show you an example. You'll want to look in the details section for the error code. copy and paste it into google and I'm sure there will be plenty of info on it. Another thing you can try is to try updating your graphics card drivers. I've seen this cause a great number of errors and crashes on the computers I worked on at my last job.

i dont see anything other than non cleanly events

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Do you only have these problems when playing CS:GO?
    Seems like it, yes. I am going to run GW2 after work today and see if it happens, i ran GW for like 30 mins yesterday and no crash. But in 45 mins CSGO crashed 3 times, causing me to restart

- - - Updated - - -

All I'm really seeing:
    1.)Session "Ready Boot" stopped due to the following error,etc.
    2.)The Steam Client Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s).
    3.)The maximum file size for session "ReadyBoot" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ReadyBoot.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 20971520 bytes.

I have no clue... Also is it normal to have a big number in your Event Viewer. I built my PC last July and it says I have 11,182 events... Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Roblivion View Post
    i dont see anything other than non cleanly events

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like it, yes. I am going to run GW2 after work today and see if it happens, i ran GW for like 30 mins yesterday and no crash. But in 45 mins CSGO crashed 3 times, causing me to restart

- - - Updated - - -

All I'm really seeing:
    1.)Session "Ready Boot" stopped due to the following error,etc.
    2.)The Steam Client Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s).
    3.)The maximum file size for session "ReadyBoot" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ReadyBoot.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 20971520 bytes.

I have no clue... Also is it normal to have a big number in your Event Viewer. I built my PC last July and it says I have 11,182 events... Just curious
    Yes you'll have alot of events registered as it will record every event. whether it's good or bad. now if it was 11,182 bad events I would be concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you'll have alot of events registered as it will record every event. whether it's good or bad. now if it was 11,182 bad events I would be concerned.
    Most of them do appear to be errors or warnings...

IE:
    Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188
    Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications. Please visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197571 for more information.
    The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\DR0.
    The Superfetch service terminated with the following error:
    The service has not been started.

ETC... I just updated my BIOS, and am running GW2 fine with no crashes... gonna try CS later... I really dont know what it is. I see tons of errors/warnings in event viewer for months and months... but have no idea what most of them are