Page 1 of 60
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why people unsub if WoD has no flying?

First and foremost: this is not a thread about whether WoD should have flying or not.

Over the past few months, there were numerous people stating they will unsub/will not buy WoD at all, if there is no flying in it.
    But why would you completely diverge from a game, for such a little aspect? Is the core reason you play this game, because of flying on a mount?
    PVP, raids, quests, achievements, social interactions, collecting pets, leveling alts.... Is that all just "filler content"?

I'm intrigued to hear one's motives.

Not sure what it is you want to hear. Maybe people are angry because flying is *not* a little aspect to them, eh? I don't know...

Deleted
    With millions of players, I doubt there will be any significant losses due to such a trivial thing, people tend to complain about every little aspect nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally dont see the fuss in the no flying thing... but then again thats just me. I never liked flying mounts in the first place lol.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    First and foremost: this is not a thread about whether WoD should have flying or not.

Over the past few months, there were numerous people stating they will unsub/will not buy WoD at all, if there is no flying in it.
    But why would you completely diverge from a game, for such a little aspect? Is the core reason you play this game, because of flying on a mount?
    PVP, raids, quests, achievements, social interactions, collecting pets, leveling alts.... Is that all just "filler content"?

I'm intrigued to hear one's motives.
    Because, I imagine, they value the increased quality of gameplay they get from flying.

I actually agree with Blizzard's decision for immersive reasons, but riding everywhere was very time-consuming.
    Holding down one key for half an hour is boring.

I often walk low-level toons from eastern kingdoms to the silverwing sentinels in Ashenvale to get the cool
    honor weapons, and it is a shockingly depressing waste of time.

I would hope Blizzard implement ultra fast ground riding mounts or increased transport hubs to avoid too much
    downtime.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2014-05-11 at 08:16 AM.

Deleted
    a) they luv flying
    b) they spent countless hours and attempts to farm rare flying mounts
    c) they spent real money on blizz shop to buy flying mounts

and now they can be only usable in Stormwind or Outland -.-

I think it's just a rebellious reaction more then anything.

The threat to unsub is pretty much the only leverage they players have so it's a natural reaction. Doubt the flying decision will impact the subscription numbers.

In the end if WoD is well received most people playing now will try it out regardless of flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bazyk View Post
    a) they luv flying

So you weren't paying attention when a blue said they were making the flying mounts usable on land. It's pretty annoying seeing whiners about no flying when they're ignoring the compromise blizz is giving us. I've just been not going to the general forums because its just full of ignorance when they could be doing something productive like farming gold for their garrisons.
    I'm perfectly fine with everything Blizz does. Besides its not that different from every other xpac we had before.
    Last edited by CasCrow; 2014-05-11 at 08:29 AM.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    a) they luv flying

I imagine flying mounts will be usable as ground mounts, a few common sense assumptions can be made I think.

Because its cool to say that even when they dont really unsub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    I imagine flying mounts will be usable as ground mounts, a few common sense assumptions can be made I think.
    OK - imagine that you have a helicopter or private Jet and you can use it only on the ground / public roads...

sorry your logic is...

OK - imagine that you have a helicopter or private Jet and you can use it only on the ground / public roads...

sorry your logic is...
    Yeah because airplanes have same dimensions like cars.

Sorry your logic is...

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Yeah because airplanes have same dimensions like cars.

Sorry your logic is...
    Without flying will my dragon be able to hover above ground? If the answer is no then its not the same. Its a just a land mount in wod.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBeast View Post
    So you weren't paying attention when a blue said they were making the flying mounts usable on land. It's pretty annoying seeing whiners about no flying when they're ignoring the compromise blizz is giving us. I've just been not going to the general forums because its just full of ignorance when they could be doing something productive like farming gold for their garrisons.
    I'm perfectly fine with everything Blizz does. Besides its not that different from every other xpac we had before.
    It is we might not be able to fly in max level content how the fuck is that the same as previous expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    Without flying will my dragon be able to hover above ground? If the answer is no then its not the same. Its a just a land mount in wod.
    I believe Phoneix can hoover couple of feets above ground hehe

I believe Phoneix can hoover couple of feets above ground hehe
    That is not a dragon and will all flying mounts function like that? Probably not which is my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It is we might not be able to fly in max level content how the fuck is that the same as previous expansions.
    Any idea how retarded that would look for them to be flapping their wings at ground level? Just imagine a giant purple penguin unable to fly.
    Hah so you're whining about being grounded for a couple months. big woop.
    I won't get onto you for ignoring that I didn't say it was exactly the same.
    Last edited by CasCrow; 2014-05-11 at 08:50 AM.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

Whiny babies mostly, others just jumping on the blizz hate bandwagon.

Hah so you're whining about being grounded for a couple months. big woop.
    I won't get onto you for ignoring that I didn't say it was exactly the same.
    Blizzard is thinking about disabling flying on Draenor. It might not be just a couple months.

"Besides its not that different from every other xpac we had before"

It is we might not have flying in future content.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-05-11 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    Though that is hardly a compromise imo. "Yea, you can't fly now! But you CAN use the same mounts! ON THE GROUND AWW YEA!" is kind of ignorant thing to say too.

Now I don't really care for flying or not, I will likely play the game, at least the start of it to just try it out. But seeing people on both side throwing shit around is just depressing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Flying mounts save a lot of travel time.

Travel time is "filler content".