Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Easiest PvP class

What do you all suggest would be the easiest/best pvp class to start gearing up for WoD (DPS)

The one you are most familiar with.

The game is a lot more fun when you play classes that you enjoy instead of playing classes that are easy or over powered. Its far to early to predict what class will have the simplest damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior and hunter, followed by dk's. Miles ahead of the competition.

It seems a bit silly to gear up a class based on current talents to be ready for WOD (when everything changes). Not to mention that the gear will be completely useless within 2-5 levels. Expansion packs change everything.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Determining how "easy" a class is, is somewhat subjective, so you're better of trying to find out yourself by watching videos, creating the classes yourself, or reading the following wowhead guides:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=238316/w...-class-changes

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "pick my class" threads are frowned upon.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    I just know I suck at all classes in pvp. But I suck the least at Mage. (After 7 years of playing I still can't win a 1 on 1...)

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Warrior and hunter, followed by dk's. Miles ahead of the competition.
    I agree with Warrior and Hunter, but dk's?! Far from easy, frost okay it's pretty derp but UH makes up for that.
    I hate threads like this lol, just play what you like and what you find most fun! You'll enjoy the game SO MUCH MORE!However, if I were to make a list of top 3 easiest dps classes to play, it would be the following:
    Mage
    Hunter
    Warrior

Hunters for sure. Very easy to learn but not so easy to completely master. Followed by Arms Warrior. Followed by Frost DK.

Mage is not easy

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    I agree with Warrior and Hunter, but dk's?! Far from easy, frost okay it's pretty derp but UH makes up for that.
    I hate threads like this lol, just play what you like and what you find most fun! You'll enjoy the game SO MUCH MORE!However, if I were to make a list of top 3 easiest dps classes to play, it would be the following:
    Mage
    Hunter
    Warrior
    DKs are infinitely harder than Mages. The only hard part for DKs is getting good spells from Dark Simulacrum, other than that their rotation is simple, they have like 4 ways out of CC, they have strong slows and grip to get people to you, multiple stuns and interrupts, they're really not that hard with all they have at their disposal.

Warrior, Hunter, DK, Shaman (all 3 specs really, Resto is hard if you have bad partners, good teammates make any healing spec easy), are all pretty easy. Really though, no DPS class is particularly hard. They're all basically the same, some things are easier on some than others, doing damage on a Mage is pretty easy, surviving while getting trained every game isn't, surviving on a Ele Shaman is easy, lining up big burst with your partner isn't. But none are that hard really, they just take practice.

Deleted
    Elemental Shaman and MW monk. Any Caster/Healer/Hunter is muuuuch easier then any melee. Avoid melee in PvP and you will be fine even with Affliction lock. If you insist with melee, go with Retribution Paladin. Not very useful spec but its damn easy.

Hunters (any spec) are incredibly easy to play in pvp. Probably the most braindead class if you're looking for something really easy.

Arms warrior, destruction lock, and frost DK aren't very complicated either. All really easy to pick up and play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    DKs are infinitely harder than Mages. The only hard part for DKs is getting good spells from Dark Simulacrum, other than that their rotation is simple, they have like 4 ways out of CC, they have strong slows and grip to get people to you, multiple stuns and interrupts, they're really not that hard with all they have at their disposal.
    Erm but you said what I had said ^^. I wouldn't agree with you about DKs not being hard, a lot of things to micromanage making their skill cap a lot hard than most.

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    What do you all suggest would be the easiest/best pvp class to start gearing up for WoD (DPS)
    Currently the easiest classes to pick up and play : 1. Hunter 2. Mage 3.Warrior/Lock/Ele
    Conversely though classes with the highest skillcap : 1. Rogue 2. Mage 3. Hunter/Feral.
    Of course this is my opinion but I think many would agree.

You should try a boomkin, you don't even have to use abilities or spells. The damage is done automatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol a lot of nerd rage post against the classes that beat you the most?? XD the fact that you guys get beaten by some classes doesn't make it "easier"...

Easier for me might not be easier for everybody else, although I found most of the classes easy to pick and play would be Mage/Lock/DK/Hunter/War
    but ofc they have a skill cap at some point if you wanna get serious and dont want to waste a tremendous amount of time learning everything for the class I would say go DK or War, they tend to just mongo people with almost no skill, I've seen 2.1k players that just tunnel the healer with no cross cc on the team mates and still manage to kill it with easy.. as warrior u have more of a tool set to get away from cc, as dk you can easily solo a healer cuz of the insane pressure that u can provide and have a stun and double grip just in case you missed the first one, in the worst scenario you got blood presence and with a decent healer you wont die XD

I tried most classes myself, found dk being the easiest one to master in no time, you just need to get used to how dark simulacrum works and use ur death runes on necrotics, and dont forget to use soul reaper it hits like a truck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    You should try a boomkin, you don't even have to use abilities or spells. The damage is done automatically.
    I must say boomkins are quite straight forward unlike some other classes. The only problem is that you can barely ever -really- freecast as boomkin and that you rely on kiting, spamming moon/sunfires until a starsurge procs and proc for 50-120k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I must say boomkins are quite straight forward unlike some other classes. The only problem is that you can barely ever -really- freecast as boomkin and that you rely on kiting, spamming moon/sunfires until a starsurge procs and proc for 50-120k.
    Haven't you heard? Balance is the new Elemental, haha. Spread your dots and welcome the procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    Do you want the easiest or the "best" because imo one is not the same as the other. Every class is easy to learn, yes some faster then others if that's what your asking. For example, warrior, hunter, mage seems "easy" but once you master them and start to play at higher rating, you realize that all of them have depth - as a matter of fact hunters IMO are one of the hardest to play really good.

It's hard to tell now how the game will be in WoD, however you can eliminate a few classes with logic and conclude what is "best for you".

1. what do you pref. melee or ranged
    2. "hybrid" or "pure" dps (yes, i know that all dps are "hybrids" today, but some more then others, "feral vs rogue" for example)
    3. do you want to be the main focus target or not

Once you think about and answer these 3 questions you can start to remove classes that you don't want to play. Since we have time, you should play around with the few options that remain and see what you "Like" because thats a huge factor for how good you get with the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    The one you are most familiar with.

The game is a lot more fun when you play classes that you enjoy instead of playing classes that are easy or over powered. Its far to early to predict what class will have the simplest damage.
    Ty. I have a few friends that constantly re-roll, they go around asking everyone what they think they should play - They never play what they enjoy, they play what feels overpowered. There are easi'er' classes, but it doesn't matter much - If you don't like the class it doesn't matter how hard or easy it is.