Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, it becomes luck at some point too. I've seen some awful diamond players and some amazing bronze players. Generally those bronze players are people who suffered from the "I got at least one AFK and/or rager every game for the past 15+ games". Then there's the guys who literally just managed to get on the train and go with it.

Imo though, I'd say it got harder after silver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    Imo, it becomes luck at some point too. I've seen some awful diamond players and some amazing bronze players. Generally those bronze players are people who suffered from the "I got at least one AFK and/or rager every game for the past 15+ games". Then there's the guys who literally just managed to get on the train and go with it.

Imo though, I'd say it got harder after silver.
    I remember my Silver days where the only tactic is teamfighting, may god forsake you if you dare attempt to splitpush. Everything cleared up a bit more as I hit Gold and it's stayed relatively consistent with people csing much better as I've headed towards Plat. Toxicity is still relatively the same, maybe less since people understand more tactics so they don't flame your for splitpushing. Bronze is literally on a whole other level of shit though, I also remember when I was that level.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Kvatch View Post
    I remember my Silver days where the only tactic is teamfighting, may god forsake you if you dare attempt to splitpush. Everything cleared up a bit more as I hit Gold and it's stayed relatively consistent with people csing much better as I've headed towards Plat. Toxicity is still relatively the same, maybe less since people understand more tactics so they don't flame your for splitpushing. Bronze is literally on a whole other level of shit though, I also remember when I was that level.
    These days silver has split push, i don't remember days where silver was only about 'teamfight', and i don't remember bronze since it was ages since i was bronze and tbh not sure but i don't remember bronze that different than silver

10+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna say, split push is usually more effective than team fighting since many players in Silver don't know how to react to a team that is split pushing correctly.

Deleted
    ranked doesn't get 'harder', contrary to popular belief, you still get retards no matter what your division is, be it on your own or the enemies team.

Deleted
    It gets harder when you get a team of flamers and kids... much harder.
    Sometimes it's even harder than playing 4v5

I would say Gold is where noticeable jump into the abilities of other's jumped for me. I kept note of lanes and which lost through my climbing from silver to plat last season and while lanes were still pretty obviously won or lost, the difference between the two was more then often in some ways mitigated through tower/cs if the other had kills/etc.

People saying it doesn't get harder are simply incorrect. In no situation would that be the case. obviously true challenger players are going to be better have better games then bronze players. Same for diamond/silver. or whatever. You won't see it getting much harder until you start hitting where you belong at that time.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2014-06-05 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I would say Gold is where noticeable jump into the abilities of other's jumped for me. I kept note of lanes and which lost through my climbing from silver to plat last season and while lanes were still pretty obviously won or lost, the difference between the two was more then often in some ways mitigated through tower/cs if the other had kills/etc.

People saying it doesn't get harder are simply incorrect. In no situation would that be the case. obviously true challenger players are going to be better have better games then bronze players. Same for diamond/silver. or whatever. You won't see it getting much harder until you start hitting where you belong at that time.
    Just watch 4-5 games daily on LoL client games (all are challengers) and u will not say that
    The amount of trollers in challenger is more than I could guess, i'd even go and say it is almost same as silver (my current tier)

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Just watch 4-5 games daily on LoL client games (all are challengers) and u will not say that
    The amount of trollers in challenger is more than I could guess, i'd even go and say it is almost same as silver (my current tier)
    I watch them occasionally, and I watch streamers who are challenger+ and there aren't nearly as many bad players. Sure there is still going to be trolling because people are shit, but bad player go away. You won't lose a game because bot honestly went 0-10 in 10 minutes trying their hardest. You'll lose cause top went some weird build and constantly went for kills they know they shouldn't have but don't care. Overall though you will run into less and less of these players. Silver was dreadful gold was a bit better and plat for me wasn't too bad. Went from 1-3 games to 1-10 or less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I watch them occasionally, and I watch streamers who are challenger+ and there aren't nearly as many bad players. Sure there is still going to be trolling because people are shit, but bad player go away. You won't lose a game because bot honestly went 0-10 in 10 minutes trying their hardest. You'll lose cause top went some weird build and constantly went for kills they know they shouldn't have but don't care. Overall though you will run into less and less of these players. Silver was dreadful gold was a bit better and plat for me wasn't too bad. Went from 1-3 games to 1-10 or less.
    I'm forbidden of typing account names, (got infracted before because of that ty) but just last week alone I saw over 10 games end in less than the 20min because of trollers/feeders, streamers are less than even 1% of the game, and ppl act different when u know who is trolling not just an anonymous account, and last week is least one i saw games due to game bugged and had to download it in a full day

I'm forbidden of typing account names, (got infracted before because of that ty) but just last week alone I saw over 10 games end in less than the 20min because of trollers/feeders, streamers are less than even 1% of the game, and ppl act different when u know who is trolling not just an anonymous account, and last week is least one i saw games due to game bugged and had to download it in a full day
    as for me (challenger games) only trolly games i get is when there are diamond1s or less involved but when its full challenger pro gamers its pretty intense and exciting games and fun!!

@OP i would have to say plat since people are pretty decent and its kind of hard to carry your games since people know what to do
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Depends on multiple variables, including your knowledge of the game, champ balance, skill level of opponents, skill level of allies, how salty people get(which you shouldn't, only lowers your chance of winning), etc.

Usually the amount of salty tears that pour from your allies, enemies, or even you make the game harder. Since the majority of people are in the lower Elo, it's usually this reason. Once you get past blaming others and crying in all chat/team chat and focus on the mistakes you make, you'll start climbing the ladder.

Deleted
    Recently just been promoted to silver 3 predominantly playing as support in each game. Im really looking to hit gold (this is my first ever time doing ranked and started in silver 4), my question is, how easy/hard is it to get up through the ranks as a support main? Is it harder because im not able to carry my team solo? or should I not underestimate the power of a good support?

I personally feel im a decent player, ward ALOT and try to encourage my allies to buy 1 pink at least and have begun trying to keep times of dragon and baron in order to set up for them in soloque. Anything else I can try to keep track of to help my team?

10+ Year Old Account
    how first time ever and u start s4 ? regardless of ur mmr, if u never played ranked, u will start bronze 5

For me it was gold 1, I really had to change my ways to get out of gold. Basically my elo hell where I probably belong.

Deleted
    how first time ever and u start s4 ? regardless of ur mmr, if u never played ranked, u will start bronze 5
    Nope, i did the placements and got placed into silver 4

10+ Year Old Account
    did u play last season ? or season 2 ?
    U can't go from first time ever ranked match, above bronze 5
    However if u are for example gold last season, u start silver this one, if u were silver, u start bronze, etc

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not at all how it works. You are placed based on performance in the 10 placement matches. A fresh 30 account will have an mmr that heavily fluctuates. If he lost all 10 then he would likely be placed into bronze or going 1-9. If he was placed silver 4 I imagine he went 3-7 or 4-6 with wins scattered.

I have gone 10-0 on fresh 30 smurfs multiple times and been placed in gold five every time. There isnt much method to it, riot hasnt? officially commented on exactly how the placement system works.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-06-22 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    did u play last season ? or season 2 ?
    U can't go from first time ever ranked match, above bronze 5
    However if u are for example gold last season, u start silver this one, if u were silver, u start bronze, etc
    You could not be more wrong.

Your first 10 placement matches determine where you start. That can be anywhere between Bronze 5 and Gold 1 or Plat 5. (Not 100% sure on the latter, think it caps @ Gold 1).

well i think in any game if you have no retards in your team and the score for example is 10-10 for both teams

it depends on teamfight combo

i had a game where my team was 4-17 and we could win that after the teamfight

you know every ult is a part of the teamfight and has big effect like nunu, amumu, ziggs ,full stacks nasus and tryndamere

thats interesting

and recently this stupid matchmaking matched me against two gold and one silver while we all were unranked and i won that game just because our teamcombo was way better than them.

i'would say it's not getting hard as much as your team play safe whatever div you are.