Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.4.8 Changes, what are you going to upgrade first?

With the new patch going live in a few hours, what are you gonna upgrade first?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are two choices for answering this:

1) My spec's AMP trinket
    2) I don't have an AMP trinket yet so probably my weapon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    There are two choices for answering this:

1) My spec's AMP trinket
    2) I don't have an AMP trinket yet so probably my weapon
    Just about this. My healing AMP trinket followed by weapon and then likely chest, legs and either cloak or shoulders since they give me the most intellect and secondary stats. I am kind of surprised 5.4.8 is hitting tomorrow! Most people I spoke to felt that it was going to a while yet but I guess Blizzard is unhappy with what is currently walling people in heroic SoO. The change is good though! Hopefully more people can clear before the dreaded summer months of low activity and holidays.

Weapon first. Gonna hold off upgrading my amp till after I've killed Sha this week incase I somehow coin warforged as I know I'll be super-mad if I coin it after upgrading the non-wf. Got 3k valor stored so after the weapon/amp going to go for chest/helm/legs and probably cloak.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can upgrade more than half of your gear on day one right (3k cap + 1k from coins = 8 pieces) so i guess weapon > trinkets > wf> whatever

Deleted
    Stats distribution is the same for Helm/Legs/Chest. Assuming you're in BIS gear, best would be Amp-->Weapon-->Helm/Chest/legs-->Cloak-->Everything else.

I weap for other healers in 25man because crit is going to be even higher for disc.
    < Insert crazy laughter here >

Edit : stat distrib of Chest/Legs/Helm is the best right after weapon obviously
    Last edited by mmocf4af30eb25; 2014-05-20 at 01:03 PM.

Rings and amulet!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    Rings and amulet!!!!
    Yes, my precious first!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmorcel View Post
    Stats distribution is the same for Helm/Legs/Chest.
    Oh, I forgot about the hat. I'll do that one as well. I'm still guessing that upgrading amp is a better call than going for a non-trinket piece outside of the weapon?

I think it goes something like weapon > amp > biggest items ... with a weighting for what has the most crit on it. Mwhahaha....

15+ Year Old Account
    BiS (Heroic Warforged), and Tier Pieces are also good calls (since tier is also BiS because you can't get warforged tier)!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Trinkets and weapons should aways be first.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    BiS (Heroic Warforged), and Tier Pieces are also good calls (since tier is also BiS because you can't get warforged tier)!
    Yeah sound advice.

Depends on how likely do you see that your Really Good Item (say, PBoI HC) is going to drop WF and you will get it. Are you top prio in your loot system? Do you need the short term output or do you rather bank on a mid-term/long-term best output saving you potentially a few weeks of VP capping.

I for one do not sport a HC WF PBoI and I doubt I will ever get one. I coin every week. From my calculations I got a 4,16% chance every week to coin the trinket HC WF. It would be more optimal to let a Warlock try to coin it HC WF (8,33% chance) and let myself get it from drop but alas our players aren't that cooperative/intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Trinkets and weapons should aways be first.
    Of course, but if you were valour capped last week, you can upgrade 8 things this week
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Of course, but if you were valour capped last week, you can upgrade 8 things this week
    Isn't valor cap 3000? It has been so long since I actually looked at how much I have...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Isn't valor cap 3000? It has been so long since I actually looked at how much I have...
    3000 / 500 = 6
    1000 / 500 = 2

6 + 2 = 8

Trinkets and weps > Legendary cloak > Chest/Legs/Helm > everything else.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    3000 / 500 = 6
    1000 / 500 = 2

6 + 2 = 8
    Makes sense! Unsurprisingly, given that it is simple maths and I can still manage to just about do that at the moment! For some reason I was thinking that the cap might have been increased to 4000 following that comment. Or is that conquest?

PBoI, then Weapon, then Cloak.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since I had 4k VP to work with, I upgraded 8 pieces: H Weapon, HWF PBOI, H Totem, cloak, bis H shoulders, heroic tier chest, heroic tier helm, heroic tier gloves.
    All my other pieces are either normal (tier legs), not heroic wf or not BiS.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez