Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

(BM) SimC 5.4.8 stat values completely opposite of 5.4.7

Crit 4.93
    Haste 4.51
    Mastery 4.67

This is what I get on the newest SimC released today (5.4.8-2). I have confirmed this with 2 other hunters, and I'm really not sure what to think. I'm debating on reforging, but my gut tells me this is a SimC bug. I don't really see how going from ilvl 579 to 583 would result in the complete opposite stat weights. Haste use to be best, with Crit being last, etc.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2014-05-20 at 09:02 PM.

You'll get the same results with 5.4.7 version.

Stat weights have always been kinda useless for BM (well, since AoTH buff), it's still Haste > Mastery > Crit. If you really wanna prove something like that, show us sims of different gear setups in different situations.

I don't know, I think if you value too much into haste at the same time, you're not getting enough value from the other two secondaries. I was sitting around 16.3k haste and I feel like that's just way too much. Azor?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    I don't know, I think if you value too much into haste at the same time, you're not getting enough value from the other two secondaries. I was sitting around 16.3k haste and I feel like that's just way too much. Azor?
    Haste doesn't lose significant value from the breakpoints that it does have. Nor do you lose value from the two others by having them low (they're not worse the less you have of them). Trust me, I've taken all angles there is to this, Haste just doesn't get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Haste doesn't lose significant value from the breakpoints that it does have. Nor do you lose value from the two others by having them low (they're not worse the less you have of them). Trust me, I've taken all angles there is to this, Haste just doesn't get worse.
    Huh fair enough. Just me and my other hunter in my guild before this would scratch our heads when our KC would get more hits > crits and questioned different weights before too.

Huh fair enough. Just me and my other hunter in my guild before this would scratch our heads when our KC would get more hits > crits and questioned different weights before too.
    If you're getting more hits than crits your RNG is sucky.

If you're getting more hits than crits your RNG is sucky.
    Well... well... yeah, you're right ;_;

Well... well... yeah, you're right ;_;
    Even with super low crit like me (6k) your average crit will likely still be 50%+ unless you got very few TED procs.

Even with super low crit like me (6k) your average crit will likely still be 50%+ unless you got very few TED procs.
    I don't have TED *pokes armory*. Not by choice, unfortunately... got to love RNG on rolls/any tier-dropping bosses... Hence why Im also feeling like I'm missing out on a ton of mastery/stats in general too.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    Crit 4.93
    Haste 4.51
    Mastery 4.67

This is what I get on the newest SimC released today (5.4.8-2). I have confirmed this with 2 other hunters, and I'm really not sure what to think. I'm debating on reforging, but my gut tells me this is a SimC bug. I don't really see how going from ilvl 579 to 583 would result in the complete opposite stat weights. Haste use to be best, with Crit being last, etc.

Thoughts?
    I have been playing around with the Mastery>haste>crit build, just was trying to get more 1 mil+ KCs. its easy to get 1mil now with the ilvl buff.

Deleted
    How much mastery do you guys have to hit 1 million with KC?

With buffs I sit at 47%ish - Im not full heroic geared, I just have 2 parts which are not BiS just cant find a guild that focuses purely on heroic progression

Quote Originally Posted by Gerryz View Post
    How much mastery do you guys have to hit 1 million with KC?

With buffs I sit at 47%ish - Im not full heroic geared, I just have 2 parts which are not BiS just cant find a guild that focuses purely on heroic progression
    I don't get why people consider this some kind of special threshold. It's just a bigger number on your screen, Haste will still give you more DPS than Mastery, I don't get it.

But I guess 55%+ buffed.

First time I saw a 7 digit KC it felt magical, like a right of passage almost ¬_¬ now it's just -shrug-

So we can't trust simcraft atm? because it gives me crit > haste in any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by royen View Post
    So we can't trust simcraft atm? because it gives me crit > haste
    No you can't. It's giving me Crit = Mastery > Haste so there you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Simcraft isn't working then what's the best numbers to put in for stat weights for reforging?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    If Simcraft isn't working then what's the best numbers to put in for stat weights for reforging?
    MH DPS: 0.57
    Agi: 1
    Hit/Exp: 0.5
    Haste: 0.49
    Mastery: 0.46
    Crit: 0.43
    AP: 0.35

If it puts you under hit/exp cap, raise the weight for hit/exp until it fits.

You've never been able to trust SimCraft on haste, because of the nature of the simulation. It doesn't wait 1/100th of a second for things to come off CD, it just casts whatever is next in it's list of available spells.

In any case it never ceases to amaze me that people will willingly accept that SV is better than BM because "SimCraft is wrong", but are then happy to accept it's opinion of similar secondary stats, even when a complete reforge to the wrong thing will result in a <0.5% DPS loss. The very act of reforging (or just running the sim again) can swing the result to another stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    You've never been able to trust SimCraft on haste, because of the nature of the simulation. It doesn't wait 1/100th of a second for things to come off CD, it just casts whatever is next in it's list of available spells.
    What does that have to do with Haste stat weights?

Haste has to lose value on fights that are short enough that you don't get a second stampede, currently looking like IJ and Malk. Is it worth changing anything around because of that? I also heard someone say that going with agi/haste gems in red sockets and full haste in yellows was better, there's no way haste gained that much value on agi after the ilvl change is there?