Poll: Was the costume an anti-semitic jab?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Macklemore vs Seth Rogen

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/20/showbi...stume-apology/

Basically Macklemore performed a song with this costume on, that some people are alleging is "anti-Semitic". Seth Rogen flipped out on twitter basically accusing Macklemore of being anti-semitic. Macklemore claims it was just a costume and that there was no meaning to it other than as a disguise.

Who do you support, is Macklemore a closeted anti semite or Seth Rogen a giant pussy?

Personally I don't see how this costume is anti-semitic, I guess it could be if it was worn by someone that went on an anti-semitic rant but Seth Rogen seems to really be going overboard.

Option 3, don't give a sloppy fuck.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

well seth rogen made this is the end so I don't see why he is so butt hurt

I find it hard to belive Macklemore's costume was just coincidentally the stereotype of the caricaturized Jewish man:

One doesn't accidentally dress up like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

He bought the costume at the thrift shop!

(I don't even know the goddamn song or what its about...this shit is entirely uninteresting.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I find it hard to belive Macklemore's costume was just coincidentally the stereotype of the caricaturized Jewish man:

I thought he looked like a Beatle

Deleted
    NVM, didn't see the image below.

Don't give a shit.
    Last edited by mmoc6a25ff8f76; 2014-05-20 at 09:38 PM.

That is a pretty stupid costume to wear. He should have known it would piss people off, if he didn't he just might be a racist.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seth Rogan..... Why does he only talk shit to little skinny people. First Beiber now Macklemore next Miley Cirus?

The hair seems not fitting of the "jewish stereotype".

Seth Rogan, a comedian, is upset that another entertainer did something that could be taken as offensive? 0_o Better not hear him tell any off-color jokes...

I don't know who either of them are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post

Dressing like he did and rapping about being "thrifty" is literally as much of an offensive caricatured stereotype as wearing blackface, large fake lips, and rapping about fried chicken.

Because offensive humor is only ok if you're not the one being offended? I mean I don't find the guy that amusing, but getting mad about comedy is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    I don't know who either of them are.
    Might want to climb out of the rocks

Don't give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Because offensive humor is only ok if you're not the one being offended? I mean I don't find the guy that amusing, but getting mad about comedy is silly.
    Offensive humor is only okay when you're upfront about it being humor. Pretending you're just wearing a "random costume" is just failure to own up to it and makes it something else altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    Offensive humor is only okay when you're upfront about it being humor. Pretending you're just wearing a "random costume" is just failure to own up to it and makes it something else altogether.
    Nevermind that jew jokes in Hollywood go over about as well as a fart in an elevator.

(see there's being upfront about it!)

Seth Rogen is offended? That is hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Option 3, don't give a sloppy fuck.
    Add hard fuck or any other type of fucks to that :-)

Hasn't Rogen done his own fair share of humor that a lot of people might find offensive?

I've read Mackelmore's response on his website and to me it makes sense and, while I'm not a fan, it just doesn't bother me. He apologized and explained the situation so let it go already. Rogen's begin a jackass.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.