Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I find it.. somewhat hilarious, in a sad sense, that they release one small patc that literally does nothing in like 6 months and they manage to break EVERYTHING.

Oh well.
    Doesn't that at least showcase that even a small patch can have real ramifications, and that clearly it's not an easy task. Some people seem to think applying a patch and updates is like downloading an update for your Virus Software. It's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Doesn't that at least showcase that even a small patch can have real ramifications, and that clearly it's not an easy task. Some people seem to think applying a patch and updates is like downloading an update for your Virus Software. It's not.
    Indeed, even a small stone can ruin a factory.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Always some conflicting code that they have to patch yes, it's not surprising. Kinda funny how people still freak out about these things when it's been happening for ages.

You are likely to have issues when playing a new patch / expansion right after its release. Can't really blame the devs.. obviously if they saw it coming, it would have been fixed beforehand.

Server is announcing restart in 15 minutes... maybe they'll fix it

Deleted
    Just another Wednesday.

LMAO! When in doubt, reboot! This XPAC has been a technical nightmare and I cant figure out if its Blizz not giving a crap about their inability to stabilize the game or a complete lack of tech expertise since they downsized all the old Blizzard employees. Either way it makes me weep for WoD. I will bet real american dollars, that ones gonna be a hot mess
    And shepherds we shall be...

Quote Originally Posted by Fatel View Post
    since they downsized all the old Blizzard employees.
    The majority of downsizing was actually in the Customer Support Department, Blizzard has gone on to since hire more Developers in both Art, Programming, and other Departments.

Things like this happen. What's your experience with Programming? Nothing? Now take the issues of Programming, Networking, Business, Quality Assurance, and all the other factors and amplify it by 1,000 times.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do Blizzard even bother with a PTR anymore? This patch has been on the test realm for a couple of weeks and this didn't show up. Clearly the test realms are nothing like the actual servers and testing on them is pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatel View Post
    LMAO! When in doubt, reboot! This XPAC has been a technical nightmare and I cant figure out if its Blizz not giving a crap about their inability to stabilize the game or a complete lack of tech expertise since they downsized all the old Blizzard employees. Either way it makes me weep for WoD. I will bet real american dollars, that ones gonna be a hot mess
    You have fake american dollars too? :O

Everything in the IT Industry is not always a 100% smooth roll out - no matter how big or small, whether you notice it or not - there are always some things than need attention after a patch, dev release, official release is shipped.

Just when massive amounts of people are affected do people see the negative side of things.

Deleted
    Breaking a mouse would be like if they somehow made addons not work, can still play just not as well as before.

What is happening now is like breaking your hard drive or something, renders the whole thing pretty much useless.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    What's your experience with Programming? Nothing? Now take the issues of Programming, Networking, Business, Quality Assurance, and all the other factors and amplify it by 1,000 times.
    Seeing as how I just spent 9+ years working for a software company, I would say quite a bit. Dont make assumptions, cause you know what they say when you ass-u-me. I know all about patches, release cycles, regression testing, QA and all the other fun things that go along with releasing content updates. What I have found is that its never a really good idea to bash the coders. They are under ridiculous pressure to get the releases out. Where the process breaks is in QA. Too many companies view that as optional
    Last edited by Fatel; 2014-05-21 at 12:41 PM.
    And shepherds we shall be...

Issues after a patch, not hard to figure out what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Why do Blizzard even bother with a PTR anymore? This patch has been on the test realm for a couple of weeks and this didn't show up. Clearly the test realms are nothing like the actual servers and testing on them is pointless.
    Unfortunately PTR can't replicate live servers completely.
    Not sure of what the differences are, but it is not the first time that issues only appear when hitting live due to some differences between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

Not sure of what the differences are, but it is not the first time that issues only appear when hitting live due to some differences between the two.
    Which is sort of my point. If the test bed doesn't accurately mimic the real world then the testing is somewhat pointless.

Blizzard needs to come up with something a little more representative of the actual servers to carry out QA testing on.

I can only assume that this is not really possible though. I'm willing to bet accurately modelling the server structure that they have plus factoring in all the foibles of a dated game engine is a bloody nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

Indeed. PTR doesn't hold the same online and running values as the live servers, as the patch is built up through the PTR. Shit happens, as the old saying goes, this is just a big flinch. We haven't even been offline for long, and the reactions are already so vocal.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Ghostlands -EU is fixed.

Deleted
    WoW is now a singleplayer game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Which is sort of my point. If the test bed doesn't accurately mimic the real world then the testing is somewhat pointless.

Blizzard needs to come up with something a little more representative of the actual servers to carry out QA testing on.

I can only assume that this is not really possible though. I'm willing to bet accurately modelling the server structure that they have plus factoring in all the foibles like of a dated game engine is a bloody nightmare.
    Well, we are offered for free to test on the PTR servers. Though, many times revealed that people don't really report all incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by steristumpie View Post
    My father shall hear of this
    This takes me right back to being in school.

On twitter they saying the game is fixed for now or something. Everyone working?

Deleted
    It's working for me.