Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The 10 hero challenge

So after my first set of heroes including Meepo, Wisp and PL I decided that re-roll because fuck that.

I was given the fairly decent set of heroes including Huskar, Lesh, Razor, Clock, Ursa, Jugger, Cent, Chen, Spirit breaker and Witch Doctor.

So far it has gone surprisingly well, got first time wins as Lesh, Ursa, Cent, Chen, Spirit breaker, witch doctor (previously one win in 12 as him >.<) and second time wins as clock.

However it seems I simple cannot win as jugger at the moment :/

So how are you guys getting on with it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got Shadowfiend, Ogre Magi (won), Mirana, KotL, Windranger, Tusk, Naga Siren, Spirit Breaker, Leshrac and Alchemist.

Only completed 1 out of the 10

I've already lost on, ShadowFiend, Mirana and KotL...

Deleted
    I've won with one out of three so far. I played Pudge and did some big hooks but the hero is just crap mid.

I also played Venomancer and gave my safe lane three kills 4 minutes into the game only to have him throw it away. That's why you don't play support.

Last one was Storm and that game wasn't even legal. Meepo was mid against me and had Earth Spirit in his team come gank me like constantly. First time they did it I got first blood. Second time they went for it I got double kill. After that I got like 2 kills a minute because I was level 6 as Storm 4 minutes into the game. Had Orchid, Treads, Bottle by 11 min.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-05-12 at 01:46 PM.

I got the easiest heroes (nyx timber etc). Burnt through all 10 pretty fast.

Seeing a lot more Chens and Earth Spirits on the battlefield who have no idea what they're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rerolled a few of mine after I had done the ones I liked. As a whole though I'm really happy with the heroes I got.
    Off the top of my head it was Jugg, Void, Ogre, Gyro, DP, Jakiro, Slark, Omni, Rhasta and Clinkz. Out of the 10 I've finished 6 of them.

Deleted
    5th loss as morphling, nice.

I have 5 done so far, but it was mostly easy ones, Wraith King, Necrophos, Zeus, Spirit Breaker, and Clockwerk.
    I'll never ever get Magnus done, ever. I suck more than a black hole with him. Re-rolling just changes the heroes you haven't finished yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I have 5 done so far, but it was mostly easy ones, Wraith King, Necrophos, Zeus, Spirit Breaker, and Clockwerk.
    I'll never ever get Magnus done, ever. I suck more than a black hole with him. Re-rolling just changes the heroes you haven't finished yet?
    Was about to ask the same question. I've won as Ogre and Spirit Breaker so far. I currently have naga in my mix, and that petrifies me. *shutters* I don't think i'll ever win with her.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, rerolling only goes for the heroes you haven't won with yet.

I didnt even have to reroll lol. I had pudge, invoker, storm spirit, legion commander in mine. Easy wins. Havent done the other 6 yet, but its mostly supports, dazzle which i like, wisp which i like, lich and i forgot the others.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Anyone else think this should become a regular thing? I mean.... It means you will see alot more people playing heroes they have no idea how to play... But it will make people improve won't it?
    Agreed. Maybe give a bonus chest reward or something that gives a random common to rare. Contrary to popular belief, I don't mind being in games with people playing heroes they have no idea to play, because I tend to random a lot myself anyway.

Deleted
    Well, I was stupid and rerolled at once and got even suckier heroes to play with. I didnt read through before clicking and finished the sentence just as I clicked and was unable to prevent myself. I've won with 3 so far.

Rerolled, got Meepo
    I've done the other 9 pretty easily (at most in the second try), Meepo on 4th try when I got a team that could carry me while 4v5
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Anyone else think this should become a regular thing? I mean.... It means you will see alot more people playing heroes they have no idea how to play... But it will make people improve won't it?
    I'm of the opinion it should be a weekly thing for the compendium to provide those who purchased it a simple way to earn a chunk of compendium points in a repeatable way.

Deleted
    IO + Spiritbreaker are the bane of mine. 4 games lost with IO and 6 games lost with SB. Rest of mine was done first attempt =(

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfangx View Post
    IO + Spiritbreaker are the bane of mine. 4 games lost with IO and 6 games lost with SB. Rest of mine was done first attempt =(
    I got a pretty good pick of heroes. Abaddon, Zeus, Viper, Huskar, Tusk, Spirit Breaker, Ursa and a couple of other easy heroes. I'm thinking that it'll be Zeus, Viper and Spirit Breaker that'll give me the most trouble. Mainly because I have no idea how to play Spirit Breaker and I can't win the laning stage hard enough on Viper.

Deleted
    I hope you guys are doing this in ranked. That is how real men do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I hope you guys are doing this in ranked. That is how real men do it.
    Nope. Easy bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Nope. Easy bots.
    Passive bots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.