Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Worth playing a healer?

Is it worth now a days to learn/play a healer in 2s/3s/rbg? I'm not saying I'm after OP stuff here but is it really worth start playing one?

Playing healer in rbgs is fun, for me at least. Arena can be a bit more frustrating due to heavy cc but generally it's still good fun.

I would definitely recommend giving it a go at least!

Quote Originally Posted by flichenstein View Post
    Is it worth now a days to learn/play a healer in 2s/3s/rbg? I'm not saying I'm after OP stuff here but is it really worth start playing one?
    I play my H Pally in arenas each week, but only to cap and get her gear in place. It's fun to me for a little while, but after cap I just don't feel like doing it anymore. I heal our raid group and have fun with it, but healing in arena is just boring to me. Another healing class would probably be more fun in arena.

I do, however, play my DK more in arena. I've finally gotten him PvP geared and plan to push rating soon. It's just more fun in arena to have more to do IMO.

I play mostly healers in any rated pvp and I personally enjoy it more than dps. There is less to pay attention in terms of a healing "rotation" vs a dps rotation so I am able to focus more on being the "arena manager." I make all the calls besides target swaps sometimes, no one uses big defensives unless I tell them too, and I am usually the launch point of a cc rotation (on my druid and hpally at least). I like the support role and keeping my teammates alive so they can kill stuff. Especially in bgs/rbgs as well, healing is really fun since I can sit back and watch my friends wreck stuff while I keep them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by flichenstein View Post
    Yes. I would say more so than ever before. With the gear changing based on spec in WoD you can flip flop and really play what you enjoy the most or what you feel like at the time. Healers are required in arena's and RBG's and the demand is higher for heals than dps.

Personally I find healing a little less fun just because I like dishing out the damage but if you enjoy healing then definitely go for it.

Deleted
    I played some rdruid before i got banned and that was kinda fun, only played 2s tho.

Anything is worth trying.

Playing healer in RBGs is awesome.

Playing healer in arena means you'll be in cc at least half of the match, especially if you pick something like a druid or a holy paladin that has no defense against fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I play mostly healers in any rated pvp and I personally enjoy it more than dps. There is less to pay attention in terms of a healing "rotation" vs a dps rotation so I am able to focus more on being the "arena manager." I make all the calls besides target swaps sometimes, no one uses big defensives unless I tell them too
    I have the exact same experience. I find losses less frustrating because usually I blame myself as healer for not calling something out.

Feels way more comfortable for me in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had some fun playing priest in BGs and 2s. You have a lot of tools to CC and support. MW monk not so much. Didn't like rdruid that much either.

It's worth trying out a healer to see if you like it. In general you have more awareness over how the game goes (at least for me) as well as a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Too much stress.

Do not want.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Too much stress.

Do not want.
    I find DPS to be much more stressful, there's so much more to do and so much more you're responsible for concerning the outcome.

As heals I just keep people alive and throw out an occasional shitty CC.

/shrug, to each his own.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK View Post
    I find DPS to be much more stressful, there's so much more to do and so much more you're responsible for concerning the outcome.

As heals I just keep people alive and throw out an occasional shitty CC.

/shrug, to each his own.
    I agree. As dps the pressure is on you to CC, peel, and score a kill. You have to line up your offensives properly and use them at the right time. As a healer all you have to do is have good positioning, CC, and keep everyone alive.

I suppose each role has its own responsibility, it comes down to what you prefer playing.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Playing a healer is a ton of fun! Just get ready to deal with constantly being trained by the enemy DPS. I play a resto shaman in RBGs but have found them to be pretty OP in most situations because of all the utility their provided.

Quote Originally Posted by kbouw View Post
    Playing a healer is a ton of fun! Just get ready to deal with constantly being trained by the enemy DPS. I play a resto shaman in RBGs but have found them to be pretty OP in most situations because of all the utility their provided.
    Mmmmm, my UH DK eats resto shams alive... Yum...

Then again, he eats just about every healer alive haha. Shamans are just the easiest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    As dps the pressure is on you to CC, peel, and score a kill.
    As a hunter, I'm usually the kill target, essentially providing my healer unlimited peels by proximity.

As for CC and scoring kills, I find that less stressful than dealing with the oh-shit burst and trying to heal it up without getting interrupted while dodging CC's.
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    As for CC and scoring kills, I find that less stressful than dealing with the oh-shit burst and trying to heal it up without getting interrupted while dodging CC's.
    Really? Maybe I just have it easy as a Paladin, but healing Arena's is a snorefest on her. On my DK though, it gets pretty intense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I've main'd hunter for so long that "kill windows" are exactly when I want them, and CC's are reflexive to the point where I can forget I've done them some times.
    *bro fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't discourage you from doing arenas; others here say its cool. Personally, (lol) I was bad at arena as a healer, except as a druid. RBG's are more fun to me and I would recommend that over arena.

Arena Healing is NOT fun. you'll spend 80% of your time CC'd

RBGs is where the funs at. Boss's are fun too