Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    was not expecting this !

I am excited but I feel it should be slightly lower. Lower it to 75 or 50% imo.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    For clarification, the extra keystones will not stay, and the buff does not affect Kadala. Only legendaries obtained by dropping off dead monsters count.

I don't know. It's all well and good, but I can get ten legendaries to drop, and salvage every single one of them. It doesn't change much to me when I find the same worthless item three times in one day. The drop rates of each specific item probably needs adjustment, as does the actual stat rolls for legendaries.

Even if i get to shard them, the shards are really needed for me to reroll - if anything, now i will have a steady flow of them.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I was so sad when the buff came because I had no days off of work to enjoy it. This news has made me so fucking happy!
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Too much. 50% would have been better. I was getting 5-8 legendaries per T6 rift quite occasionally already. Oh well.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Not really getting much more than before the buff, so this is a good change.
    Stay salty my friends.

So I saw this when I woke up, and my first reaction was "HNNNNNNNNNNNG!". This is good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Too much. 50% would have been better. I was getting 5-8 legendaries per T6 rift quite occasionally already. Oh well.
    Played some lootshare T6 yesterday for a few hours, and we averaged at around 5-8 legendaries pr rift (as a group, I mostly got 1 pr rift). Was poor quantity and quality =/

Great news, the droprate feels just about right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's perfect. Horrible RNG will still strike occasionally, but the droprate feels exactly right now. It's very hard to spend an hour in the game without getting anything now, and higher Torments are incredibly rewarding.

Don't like this change. Defeats the purpose of a 'dungeon crawler' game. You're supposed to FARM to get the good stuff, making it easier to obtain and not need to farm as much is silly, means people 'finish' the game sooner

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Don't like this change. Defeats the purpose of a 'dungeon crawler' game. You're supposed to FARM to get the good stuff, making it easier to obtain and not need to farm as much is silly, means people 'finish' the game sooner
    Only thing it changes really is that you finally have enough shards to reroll stats on your good items. It's not uncommon having to go through 10+ shards to get the right stat. then the battle for the good roll starts which will consume many more.
    To get these shards you need to find a ton of shitty legendaries in the first place. This now seems to be a tad bit easier.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Nothing has changed except that it may take a few less weeks now out of months to get a perfect T6 setup. The majority of legendaries are still useless or badly rolled, all part of the "dungeon crawler" farming aspect. However, it is way more fun to play seeing golden stars drop more frequently. Completing a rift and getting nothing was pretty frequent before. Now, that rarely happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I was so sad when the buff came because I had no days off of work to enjoy it. This news has made me so fucking happy!
    Felt the same way for a friend of mine, who couldn't play much during the anniversary week. Now everybody gets to enjoy this

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Nothing has changed except that it may take a few less weeks now out of months to get a perfect T6 setup. The majority of legendaries are still useless or badly rolled, all part of the "dungeon crawler" farming aspect. However, it is way more fun to play seeing golden stars drop more frequently. Completing a rift and getting nothing was pretty frequent before. Now, that rarely happens.
    Pretty much this; majority of the legendaries will still get salvaged. The difference is you have a few more opportunities to get the one good item you want and your stack of forgotten souls increases, letting you make more use of potential upgrades. It also gives you a more sense of progression. Running for 400-500 shards and only having 1-2 legendaries to show for it is pretty demoralizing. The extra drops go a long way to help you feel like you weren't wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Not going to bash them but isn't the leg drop rate abit high?

I have gone from Level 1 to be able to clear T3 rifts solo on HC in one week. I play a pet WD and they are pretty OP atm but still.. I got 4 setbonus Zuni without RORG, Jeram helm etc.
    Pretty sure you're just blessed by the RNG god. During the week of increased droprate, I didn't get a single class set DROP(got 3 from Blood Shards, after 2.5k Shards without a single legendary or any kind). That's in like 40+ hours played, mainly on T2 doing rifts and bounties.
    I agree the droprate feels "right" with the increase, even though the vast, vast majority are still instant Souls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Yeah, at least SEEING legendaries drop is really nice. Doesn't matter if they're trash, at least they exist and drop at a reasonable-ish rate.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Nice buff, but i would prefer the rift shard buff tbh. Doing Bounties for keystones is still the worst thing about the game.

I still want trading back, don't care for this crap at all...Wand of woh won't drop more, just cause they buffed drop % across the board...Common legendarys just drop more.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I still want trading back, don't care for this crap at all...Wand of woh won't drop more, just cause they buffed drop % across the board...Common legendarys just drop more.
    Err...you actually do have a flat 100% increased chance of finding a Wand of Woh as well, just like any legendary.

Very good change. This entire week I've played a crapton, and I have been constantly thinking "this is how the game should be". It's not raining legs by any stretch, but the increased freqency has changed the item hunt from borderline frustrating to exciting in one swoop.

I'll put on my tinfoil hat for this one but personally I feel that Blizz lowered the droprate through the week. Yes, anecdotal evidence is anecdotal but here's what I saw happen. First day of buff, legendaries were raining from the sky. I got 5 in one level of 1 rift. By yesterday my legendary drop rate was about back to where it was before the buff (1-2 a rift if lucky but generally 0 and not even a FS off guardian).

So my theory is we start with 100% drop rate and people are happy. Then blizz drops it slowly throughout the week back to the normal level but people still think it's around. Blizz then announces that due to everyone loving this new drop rate they keep it but meanwhile the drop rate is what it was at pre-bonus but nobody notices because they're too happy. This keeps you playing and happy but not gearing up so you have to keep playing. So not only did Blizz stem the constant complaining on the forums about low drop rates they did it without actually increasing anything. Gotta hand it to them. Keep your pbase happy so they continue to buy all the while keeping them stuck where you want them so they continue to play. It's just like them upgrading the 2/2 to 2/4 in WoW. No new content but more grinding with the illusion of progression.

Anyway, tinfoil hat off, feel free to flame, say it's bad RNG, whatever but that's my theory.

Signature Created by Jassinta