Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I really dislike what they did with the questing. It started with the revamp of old Azeroth during Cataclysm and got added to MoP. The questing is put on a set track, a train you have to sit in and follow as it handhelds you throughout the questing. No exploration of your own at all.

Legendary quest was pathetic, and I really, really hope they scrap this idea for future legendaries. How many is it? 3 different quests to collect X amount of items, 1 quest to gather 3000 Valor, and of course they slapped in a reputation grind for the Black Prince. All of these quests being time gated and boring as hell.

Raids became really uninteresting with LFR, and you were forced through it. ''You are not forced to do LFR!'' YES, we are, since the items in there are too good and we have to get them to raise our Ilvl and DPS by a lot.

Heroics became a joke, pathetic. Far too easy that you are even able to join up as 5 DPS and do just fine.

The only thing I liked was Brawler's Guild.

For the most part, I liked MoP.

-Lots of things to do
    -Lots of ways to valor cap
    -Solid raid design
    -Lore was interesting (for the most part)
    -Scenarios were a nice addition to the game
    -Monk class was a nice addition to the game
    -Have been wanting Pandaren/Pandaria in game ever since I knew they existed
    -Proving Grounds, Brawlers Guild, Challenge Modes

PvP was really bad, though. It could have been mediocre at least with better balance and cc adjustments, but cc is staying as is until 6.0 and tuning was just really slow. The new bgs were decent, but overall pvp got very little attention this xpac. Which is too bad considering how dynamic that side of the came could be, with a little tlc.

Even with PvP in the state that it is in, I consider MoP to be a fairly solid effort by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Good and don't come back. I think the game and community might be better off without people who feel this negatively about a game.

People who use the term fanboy should have their argument automatically dismissed, the term is dismissive in itself and it basically classifies anyone who doesn't agree with you as someone who is wrong in their opinions.
    So you would allow Blizzard to do these things? Good to know... We actually need people who rant, else the game would never improve. We pay AND sub for immersion and content, not for afking in a city while thinking of the future.

I'll never like MoP. Only SoO and Brawler's guild were entertaining in my opinion.

-Lore: It wasn't that great compared to the seven Sha cinematic Blizzard uploaded. Klaaxi worshipped Y'shaarj but not his essences (lol). Thunder King did not feel like a threat.
    -PvP: Broken.
    -LFR-centric. They even added an extra layer of "difficulty" to keep us busy (Flex).
    -Item level spiraled out of control.
    -No fun heroic dungeons other than the revamps. Elite mobs felt like boring adds.

Expansion theme was not necessary, and is easily forgettable.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2014-06-15 at 02:01 AM.

My opinion is it was good in a lot of ways, bad in a lot of ways, but the theme was just terrible. Yea yea I know pandaren where in lore and previous games. Doesn't matter it was a bad idea to feature them in an expansion.

I didn't care for the look of the pandas and how they bounced around like they're prancing in a field of daisies as well as the whole feel of the expansion (Asian theme is not my style), but I feel they did an amazing job with the raids and there was always plenty to do as the expansion went on. As long as the game is still fun to me, I'll continue to play.

MoP isnt my favorite lore wise, but its quite well done mechanic wise, IMO.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I think MoP will be remembered much the same way as Cataclysm was: amazing start, very rough end.

MoP really kept a lot of us hopeful with its swift content patches, large raids and implementation of new features. But this gigantic content patch lull is painful.
    Pretty much this, although I doubt it will get quite as much hate as Cataclysm gets. While it was still pumping out new content, MoP was fantastic

I never had an issue with the Asian theme, personally. It was a little out there, but they tied it into the story well (and the story itself was mostly very well written), so I really can't complain.

MoP was better then cataclysm, had some good raiding encounters (Lei Shen was awesome), but also had horrible ones (Lei Shi in ToES).

And even if the lore behind it sucked in my opinion, i liked the dailies structure.

One thing for Cataclysm though, i absolutely loved the first week heroics so overtuned. Had a blast, and completed all of them, with the Glory achievements alongside it (Tol'vir final one was -insane- at that balancing). MoPs dungeons and heroics were absolutely laughable, i wish they had done it differently.

MoP was my least favorite expansion and the worst parts for me were

1. Reputations being only being able to be gotten through dailies, tabards might have been bad but they made 5 mans popular which is think is good
    2. Valor gear tied only to reputations, wrath and cata had a "neutral" valor vendor that sold decent gear
    3. Item level is completely out of control, in WOTLK I was doing 12k on my shadowmourne warrior at the end of the expansion single target, that was double what I could do in full heroic dungeon gear.
    4. 5 man content was stale, poor and never updated
    5. The pvp zone was terrible (more dailies), but the story was pretty cool. Pvp was non existant though.
    6. Timeless isle seems like a lazy excuse for not adding more 5 mans, Isle of thunder was awesome though.
    7. Class homogezination
    8. Lfr was worse than Cata

Deleted
    Amen!

Although I think my biggest gripe was pet battles. If they hadn't done that, I might have given MoP a chance but Pokemon? Come on!

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Amen!

Although I think my biggest gripe was pet battles. If they hadn't done that, I might have given MoP a chance but Pokemon? Come on!
    Wait...you're completely dismissing a whole expansion just because of small side-game? That's pretty immature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Wait...you're completely dismissing a whole expansion just because of small side-game? That's pretty immature.
    The Asian theme too, apparently.

PvP in MoP made it terrible for me... All i really care about is pvp... Arena has been trash, with the except of WW/MW monk. Really fun class xD
    BG's has been bots vs bots, RBG Is not for me... Its just been plain boring and button spam race, no thinking, basically just button bash.
    Hope WoD knocks my socks off.

Deleted
    MoP wasn't a good expansion indeed.

Everyone and their dog with a galactical amount of CCs, burst 100-0 macroed CDs, resilience, battle fatigue, PvE better in world PvP (that actually died with all the convenience ports). Spikey healing with these smart heals, askrobot for breakpoints and caps, wing-wong-pang-chang bosses, rice bags, pandas and monk class. I mean this is Warcraft.

Can't wait to finally arrive to a proper Warcraft content (Draenor) to laugh at all these pandas and monks that will be completely out of place.
    Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2014-06-15 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    Can't wait to finally arrive to a proper Warcraft content (Draenor) to laugh at all these pandas and monks that will be completely out of place.
    Same goes for me and Death Knights. They've not fit in since WotLK.

Deleted
    Arenas were a bit broken but still had loads of fun so can't complain.
    Challenge Modes were a nice addition too.

Deleted
    Personally it was ok. It wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing either. The Alliance-Horde war was cool and I actually liked the Pandaren for the most part. But Tbc will always be better than almost anything they could come out with now, but only because Tbc was when I started to raid and actually get into the game. If we went back to Tbc now I'd probably fucking hate it, but it has so many good memories for me. Gameplay wise, this was better than Tbc. More to do etc even if people don't take advantage of the things to do. The only reason the game has lost appeal to me is because I've been playing since 2006. Saying that, I will 100% be back for WoD and probably end up resubscribing as soon as I'm bored with ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by fernotao View Post
    i agree one of the worst from a healer stand point
    yes x100, leveled all healers to 90, disappointing.

Deleted
    Mop was a waste of HDD space.

Deleted
    I didn't think it was too bad. The primary reason I believe people wrinkle their noses at it is the overall theme.