Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The election results in which the Tories still have a majority?
    As of right now;

Tories - 834 seats, 14 controlled.
    Labour - 978 seats, 18 controlled.

How is this a Tory majority exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Don't the actual racists, sexists and other bigots usually vote UKIP? They would seem to be their natural fit as far as mainstream parties go.
    Dammit, you've fallen into their cunning trap. By calling them sexists, you've revealed yourself to be the TRUE sexist. I mean, that's what sexism is, right? Calling other people sexist?

Don't the actual racists, sexists and other bigots usually vote UKIP? They would seem to be their natural fit as far as mainstream parties go.
    I think you need to brush up on what racism really means. I highly doubt a majority of voters of UKIP hold real contempt for minorities. It's all about improving the situation in Britain. And right now, there is a huge problem with immigration and if you can't accept that, you are delusional. Watching the debate of Farage vs. Clegg, I saw many issues being raised and practical solutions being offered by Farage that quite frankly had nothing to do with minorities.

But hey, this place IS leftist central, I'm clearly in enemy territory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think getting <5% means much of anything in any election.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    I think I'm leftist but don't really know (think I took a quiz to find out) and I find nothing wrong with you. I might be leftist but I vote for whoever makes the most sense and/or I like but from I've been reading (from their own site) UKIP is not for me... or at least it wouldn't be for me if I lived in England.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you need to brush up on what racism really means. I highly doubt a majority of voters of UKIP hold real contempt for minorities. It's all about improving the situation in Britain. And right now, there is a huge problem with immigration and if you can't accept that, you are delusional. Watching the debate of Farage vs. Clegg, I saw many issues being raised and practical solutions being offered by Farage that quite frankly had nothing to do with minorities.

I'm centre right, and Britain really doesn't have a huge problem with immigration.

Here's a funny thing, whenever Britain goes through an economic slump, the anti-immigration parties get an upswing in votes. Usually they don't make much inroads as they're too extreme, e.g. BNP, but Farage made UKIP more palatable, however the underlying bullshit is still the same, i.e. blame the immigrants - even though Britain needs immigration due to more of our population reaching retirement age, and immigrants actually provide a net profit to the Treasury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    As of right now;

Tories - 834 seats, 14 controlled.
    Labour - 978 seats, 18 controlled.

How is this a Tory majority exactly?
    I was referring to the EU parliamentary elections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

But why do you support uncontrolled immigration, particularly when a great majority of those immigrants are uneducated and unskilled? I 100% support the acceptance of skilled immigrants who can be of aid to UK right away. I don't see how unskilled and uneducated immigrants are helpful to the UK. Especially those volatile immigrants who are trying to entrench Sharia Law into the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony Steve Lemon View Post
    Dammit, you've fallen into their cunning trap. By calling them sexists, you've revealed yourself to be the TRUE sexist. I mean, that's what sexism is, right? Calling other people sexist?
    So what about people who call people who call people sexist sexist? Are they like super sexists?

I'm centre right, and Britain really doesn't have a huge problem with immigration.

Here's a funny thing, whenever Britain goes through an economic slump, the anti-immigration parties get an upswing in votes. Usually they don't make much inroads as they're too extreme, e.g. BNP, but Farage made UKIP more palatable, however the underlying bullshit is still the same, i.e. blame the immigrants - even though Britain needs immigration due to more of our population reaching retirement age, and immigrants actually provide a net profit to the Treasury.
    That's been going on for centuries in Britain and Europe and other places. Back in the old days if the economy was doing poorly you'd just round up the nearest Jews and blame them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    But why do you support uncontrolled immigration, particularly when a great majority of those immigrants are uneducated and unskilled? I 100% support the acceptance of skilled immigrants who can be of aid to UK right away. I don't see how unskilled and uneducated immigrants are helpful to the UK. Especially those volatile immigrants who are trying to entrench Sharia Law into the UK.
    Nobody is talking about uncontrolled immigration, and the UK doesn't have that anyway.

And thank you for proving this really isn't an "immigration issue" it's a "Muslims" issue.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because even 'unskilled' immigrants contribute to an economy by increasing demand and working in unskilled jobs.

It's also not particularly a problem since immigration into the UK has actually dropped.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    But why do you support uncontrolled immigration, particularly when a great majority of those immigrants are uneducated and unskilled? I 100% support the acceptance of skilled immigrants who can be of aid to UK right away. I don't see how unskilled and uneducated immigrants are helpful to the UK. Especially so those volatile immigrants who are trying to entrench Sharia Law into the UK.
    The majority of those who are allegedly trying to entrench Sharia law wouldn't be getting in through the EU channels, as every EU country is predominantly Christian, they'd be coming in through Commonwealth channels.

It's bullshit to claim we don't need unskilled immigrants, who is going to do the cleaning jobs, or be the toilet attendants, etc.? We need a mix of skilled and unskilled, not one or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because even 'unskilled' immigrants contribute to an economy by increasing demand and working in unskilled jobs.

It's also not particularly a problem since immigration into the UK has actually dropped.
    Meanwhile in the Hall of Doom:

Nigel Farange: Our evil scheme is working! Soon we'll make the UK look like such assholes, people won't even want to immigrate here!

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's been going on for centuries in Britain and Europe and other places. Back in the old days if the economy was doing poorly you'd just round up the nearest Jews and blame them.
    Jews and Irish...nobody could accuse us of being just anti-Semitic in Britain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jews and Irish...nobody could accuse us of being just anti-Semitic in Britain.
    Of course not! You can't be anti-semetic when Jews aren't even Semites!

Isn't that right KidKilla?

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Of course not! You can't be anti-semetic when Jews aren't even Semites!

Isn't that right KidKilla?
    Don't invoke that name. I think he's taking yet another forum vacation, but I don't want to chance summoning yet another torrent of his idiocy.

You also need immigration to prop up the birth rate. You're already below replacement rate, which means an ageing population and all the economic strain that incurs.

P.S. Vast majority of immigration into England is from Ireland, India, Pakistan, Poland and Germany. Middle Eastern immigrants are waaaaaaay down the list. Out of 63 million people, 54 million were born in the UK and no other country of origin makes up even 1 million.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign...ries_of_origin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    CAN'T BARRAGE THE FARAGE! Aahahah! How many seats do we have to gain before you realize that UKIP are here to stay?

Farage for PM 2015.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessegg View Post
    CAN'T BARRAGE THE FARAGE! Aahahah! How many seats do we have to gain before you realize that UKIP are here to stay?

Farage for PM 2015.
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...esults-updated

It really doesn't seem like so many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessegg View Post

Farage for PM 2015.
    I think that the immediate reaction to UKIP becoming a permanent feature of British politics is more along the lines of 'man, some British people will vote for anyone'.