Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    @OP, likely your hours have dropped because you're not doing anything that justifies paying a person overtime. The labor pool increased because it's summer. Sorry.

There is no harm in asking if you can get more shifts. Also tell them you should be the first person to call if they need to cover a shift. And let them know you're interested in management.

Go for it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    I work at an amusement park and I've been working 50+ a week these past few weeks. Unfortunately, most of the local schools are letting out next week and most of our staff are high school students. I'm only getting about 35 hours during that time and only working 5 days (instead of working 6). Do you think I should talk to my supervisor and offer to come in on the two days that I'm off, so that I can get my hours back up, or would that come across as greedy? All of my supervisors like me and I've received nothing but positive evaluations (30 day and 90 day).

They're also considering me for a managerial position and I really don't want to mess up my chances of getting it by appearing "greedy" or anything like that. However, if I'm only working 30-35 hours a week, it gives me fewer chances to prove that I am ready for the managerial position. So what do you guys think I should do, if anything?
    Wait, are you from the midwest? Just curious. Because i am also a student who works at a amusement park.

The CIA must really be cracking down on office soda thefts.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Sure they will. *eyeroll*
    In the real world here, they'll do the same thing that every other government agency does, and require you to fill out the SF86. Then they'll contract out an investigator to visit the *real people* from the *real places* that you lived. Background checks aren't for things like lying on the internet. They don't care about that. They care about people being able to blackmail you, or about you possibly fleeing the country with classified or FOUO material.
    With social networking these days, a lot of information that government paid jobs require is based on what you've done on the internet. Usually they'll start with simple things with Facebook/Twitter/Instagram and see what kind of stuff you post or the type of friends you have. If they're given any reason to suspect you of being unlawful, they'll search even deeper than that.
    Last edited by hollafame; 2014-05-25 at 07:10 AM.

If you are a good employee, no boss will mind you working more (unless it goes over the legal limit). i would suggest asking if you dont mind having no time off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    The CIA must really be cracking down on office soda thefts.
    Can't be having that 1 tourist kid at an amusement park missing out on their soda, no siree!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Can't be having that 1 tourist kid at an amusement park missing out on their soda, no siree!
    I swore that was posted to his theft thread. I don't remember ever opening this one.

I really need sleep.

15+ Year Old Account
    You won't get what you never ask for.

Side note though - currently, your boss gets a discount while school is out as the 10 hours of OT you've been getting is going to regular wages instead of 1.5x base hourly rate - this is most likely by design. It's hard to fill positions in places like that in non peak season due to the applicant pool being primarily kids who go to school.

Seems doubtful you will get those ten hours somewhere else; a great manager would have explained the reasons behind your hours dropping rather than allow you to wonder about it, imo.