10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    I wouldn't rely on Icyveins too much.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6291

Go down to stat priority. The guys are h2priest are great about figuring this stuff. The guy who made that guide is actually pretty common in this forum. (Drye). I would take his word over Icy/Bot anytime.
    I think that IcyVeins guides are supervised by Twintop (excuse me if i'm wrong ) which is actually THE theorycrafter, Drye it's just a guy who's doing a great work on putting things together, it's not even a theorycrafter, so i'm not sure what are you talking about..
    They weights on this guide are Twintop's results as he stated.

On IcyVeins they are using Patcwerk fight, that's why the weights are different, sauce here
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop
    I provided the info for the IV guide, and, the weights for Drye's guide. You're correct that for the IV guide it has stat priorities that are strictly single-target (so Mastery is good). For the weights here, it also includes conditions like adds, multitarget, and multitarget+adds. In those situations Mastery's value plummets.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    I hate you. I woke up, read my twitter feed during breakfast when i saw this tweet and i was like "OMG vENT REDESIGN!!!".

- - - Updated - - -

Expecting Single Target nerfs btw.
    I don't really think they need to re-design it, they just need to buff it (along with MS)
    Last edited by Keosen; 2014-11-25 at 08:37 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    I think that IcyVeins guides are supervised by Twintop (excuse me if i'm wrong ) which is actually THE theorycrafter, Drye it's just a guy who's doing a great work on putting things together, it's not even a theorycrafter, so i'm not sure what are you talking about..
    They weights on this guide are Twintop's results as he stated.
    I am sorry then I was under the impression Twintop worked with H2priest as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Expecting Single Target nerfs btw.
    As shitty as it is, you're probably right. Any time our ST damage has been towards the top of meters, they've promptly made sure we stay middle of the pack. There's a part of me which hopes it won't happen this expansion, but this is a very familiar feeling.

If they nerf CoP, I really, really hope they at least buff our DoTs to compensate. Also, Mind Sear is in dire need of a 40-50%+ buff to be competitive with other AE but I feel it's a bit greedy to think they'd go that far. Regardless, speaking completely in the realm of conjecture, if our DoTs did 10-20% more damage and MB/MSp did 5% less damage, I think that'd be a happy medium most of us would find agreeable (and it'd have the tangent benefit of making AS look more appealing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    I am sorry then I was under the impression Twintop worked with H2priest as well.
    He is an admin on H2P.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    As shitty as it is, you're probably right. Any time our ST damage has been towards the top of meters, they've promptly made sure we stay middle of the pack. There's a part of me which hopes it won't happen this expansion, but this is a very familiar feeling.

If they nerf CoP, I really, really hope they at least buff our DoTs to compensate. Also, Mind Sear is in dire need of a 40-50%+ buff to be competitive with other AE but I feel it's a bit greedy to think they'd go that far. Regardless, speaking completely in the realm of conjecture, if our DoTs did 10-20% more damage and MB/MSp did 5% less damage, I think that'd be a happy medium most of us would find agreeable (and it'd have the tangent benefit of making AS look more appealing).
    If they nerf something that would be the MB damage, which, let be honest, is op.

Hey, I have been banging around this forum for the past 30 mins looking for an updated stat priority for Shadow Priests. Can someone give me the low down or send me a link with some details? I find at the moment my DPS is plain bad...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by robtorbay View Post
    Hey, I have been banging around this forum for the past 30 mins looking for an updated stat priority for Shadow Priests. Can someone give me the low down or send me a link with some details? I find at the moment my DPS is plain bad...

Cheers
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6291
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Why would they nerf or ST damage when that's the only thing we're good at ? Explain plox. (and some classes are better)

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Why would they nerf or ST damage when that's the only thing we're good at ? Explain plox. (and some classes are better)
    Because shadow can't have nice things. My bet is the 6.0.2 lvl 90 tuning +10% hotfix buffs would be reverted. In a perfect world SW:P and Mind Sear would be buffed accordingly though.

Deleted
    Buff mindsear by 50%, swpain and vt by each 10% and vent by 20%. And then wake me up...

And ffs buff ele! Poor bastards...

https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/537318161667080192

"There's no Priest changes in this round of hotfixes."

Forget about MSear or VE buffs.

Deleted
    How can they not see Mind Sear needs a buff. I went back and did a Skyreach normal to finish spires quests at 635 ish ilvl. On the pull before the final boss on the defense matrix with alot of arms I did 16.1k dps with MS and 1 halo, the lvl 97 ret pala did 16.2k on that pull ....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fixing spriest aoe isn't as simple as "buff mind sear". If they make mind sear too strong then people will use it single target... they have to be cautious. I wish they'd add something in like fire and brimstone for warlocks... letting us aoe dot at the cost of orbs. Or, at least, give some aoe damage tool that works with orbs for aoe damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    Fixing spriest aoe isn't as simple as "buff mind sear". If they make mind sear too strong then people will use it single target... they have to be cautious. I wish they'd add something in like fire and brimstone for warlocks... letting us aoe dot at the cost of orbs. Or, at least, give some aoe damage tool that works with orbs for aoe damage.
    Palinn, according to my spreadsheet, they could buff Mind Sear's damage by 100% and we still wouldn't use it single target.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown
    8/10M - 10hr raiding schedule

Twitter: @Tanned_
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tanned_priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanned View Post
    Palinn, according to my spreadsheet, they could buff Mind Sear's damage by 100% and we still wouldn't use it single target.
    That may not be the point just to take a contrary point of view: Strong single-target + multi-dotting capable + strong AOE may not be in the cards. Almost guaranteed that if they buff one of those they will take away from somewhere else. Be careful about what you ask for.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

with that said I dont feel like I am doing that much extra dmg when multidoting and aoe is realy not an option. So at this point I feel realy strong in Single and weak in every other aspect. I am new to SP stuff and I know I am doing a lot of stuff not idealy but even when I feel like I havent done any mistake I feel not as strong as many suggest in multidoting.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That may not be the point just to take a contrary point of view: Strong single-target + multi-dotting capable + strong AOE may not be in the cards. Almost guaranteed that if they buff one of those they will take away from somewhere else. Be careful about what you ask for.
    I can only speak about the specs I play, but:

Feral: Strong ST, multidotting capable, VERY strong AoE burst w berserk, good (not great) AoE w/o berserk.
    Demo: Good ST, multidotting capable, VERY strong AoE, even w/o MF.
    Shadow: Strong ST, multidotting capable, shittiest AoE in the game.

There is no reason at all for our AoE to be so weak. It's not like we're the strongest ST, or have the strongest utilty or the best off-healing.

I did a heroic today and I could swear they buffed our dots cause my multidotting felt a lot stronger, some trash pulls at 30k+.

But yeah, I'm not surprised we got ignored for these changes, it's Shadow after all. Not like we're Mages or Warlocks.

And yeah, I'm grumpy!

Wheeeeelp. I cannot go any further in the Brawler's Guild thanks to the Bomb fight and Mind Searing being the worst AoE. It's literally impossible as Shadow.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Wheeeeelp. I cannot go any further in the Brawler's Guild thanks to the Bomb fight and Mind Searing being the worst AoE. It's literally impossible as Shadow.
    your joking right?

just reroll blood dk and blood boil...

#ripshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I can't help it, but post this picture..

I want this mindflay animation atleast as an option... there are so many cool effects in WoD, not even talking about these shadowmoon clan omg dude..
    That's what Insanity used to look like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zX3DcefUks