10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And CoP leading the rankings significantly is just bad. We're not arcane mages.
    That's overstating it by quite a lot. Good spriests--even those taking CoP--will still use their dots somewhere. Target switching with dots and CoP is going to be more damage in a raid than just single-target CoP. There are plenty of situations where there won't be enough mobs around to make AOE effective but dots on targets while burning down stuff on another single-target will be useful.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    why do people think they do this? unless they did it for mop (i wasnt watching).. they didnt do it for cata or wrath. i dont think they care about SoO at this point.

and where's Yavelle at?! if these stick your class is officially best caster 1st season WoD - i called that sh^t months ago when you said you were going to re-roll, lol.
    They actually did do it for Fury in the pre-Cata patch. It was absolutely broken and worthless damage in the pre-patch and they temporarily buffed it until Cata was released.

Sorry for my extreme skepticism, but after an entire expansion of "we're buffing you...psyche!" I'm a bit miffed.

15+ Year Old Account
    why do people think they do this? unless they did it for mop (i wasnt watching).. they didnt do it for cata or wrath. i dont think they care about SoO at this point.
    They have done it in the past - but I don't think this is a SoO thing either, this is a single target WoD buff: and we are bottom of the meter before this, so it makes sense - it also buffs our mastery scaling - so CoP single target particularly should be more competitive, but AS/VEnt will remain sucky at single target. That's fine imo.

and where's Yavelle at?! if these stick your class is officially best caster 1st season WoD - i called that sh^t months ago when you said you were going to re-roll, lol.
    I was never worried about our damage though - I'm worried about how squishy we are, and how this is going to be a double melee or melee+hunter swamped season: we're going to get sat on while fmages are blinking around spamming roots still. Still Fmage superiority IMO. Armor down from 61% to 16%, and loss of VE as a defensive cooldown

Edit: Still fixing addons during raid, but I will test a spike/blast/insanity build on Malkorok.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-10-15 at 03:24 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    They have done it in the past - but I don't think this is a SoO thing either, this is a single target WoD buff: and we are bottom of the meter before this, so it makes sense - it also buffs our mastery scaling - so CoP single target particularly should be more competitive, but AS/VEnt will remain sucky at single target. That's fine imo.

I was never worried about our damage though - I'm worried about how squishy we are, and how this is going to be a double melee or melee+hunter swamped season: we're going to get sat on while fmages are blinking around spamming roots still. Still Fmage superiority IMO. Armor down from 61% to 16%, and loss of VE as a defensive cooldown

Edit: Still fixing addons during raid, but I will test a spike/blast/insanity build on Malkorok.
    aaahh i dont think so man. you have more than enough tools you can spec into to keep you up. some things you wont be able to play with.. but really, it's top caster right now.

frost is really bad right now, barring a significant change - there's actually no way it's* going to dom ladders. most of us were forced into arc for beta because you actually cannot get kills in frost.

i guess we'll see in a month.

Deleted
    Anyone tested SP yet? I'm 584, reforged according to mrrobot (34% crit, 47% haste, 69% mastery, 2100 spell power unbuffed) yet i seem to be doing very low dps... just did few tests in lfr/normal/new hc and I'm way behind even people much less (and i mean much less) geared than me, which never happened before.

Wtf? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    aaahh i dont think so man. you have more than enough tools you can spec into to keep you up. some things you wont be able to play with.. but really, it's top caster right now.

frost is really bad right now, barring a significant change - there's actually no way it's* going to dom ladders. most of us were forced into arc for beta because you actually cannot get kills in frost.

i guess we'll see in a month.
    Arcane Nova or w/e is OP right now, too ;p
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

My poor lil 55 spriest is soooooo much more squishy (first world problems). Actually died in an emp run soloing the marksmen in the big hall before Emp. QQ

Deleted
    So what are most people gonna use now, Surge of Darkness or Insanity? I went with Surge of Darkness because i've always liked that playstyle and on the dummy there didn't seem to be much difference.
    Btw I thought we were gonna get 5 shadow orbs? Or is that just at lvl 100.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Anyone tested SP yet? I'm 584, reforged according to mrrobot (34% crit, 47% haste, 69% mastery, 2100 spell power unbuffed) yet i seem to be doing very low dps... just did few tests in lfr/normal/new hc and I'm way behind even people much less (and i mean much less) geared than me, which never happened before.

Wtf? :P
    Anyone know?

Deleted
    Anyone know?
    What do you call low? I ended at about 25/30k dps on short 5 man bosses. Doing 85% of the dmg on the boss :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    So what are most people gonna use now, Surge of Darkness or Insanity? I went with Surge of Darkness because i've always liked that playstyle and on the dummy there didn't seem to be much difference.
    Btw I thought we were gonna get 5 shadow orbs? Or is that just at lvl 100.
    I did try SoD last night (I usually use it for protectors), I didn't like it. Proc rate is absurdly low with the mastery change. Improved Shadow Orbs (5 orb pool) is a Draenor perk. You get random Draenor perks at lvl 92, 94, 96 and 98 so by lvl 100 you have all of them.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-10-15 at 04:24 PM.

So other than our aoe being complete crap now, our overall raid dps on boss fights was not bad at all. I would say in terms of positioning on "meters" we were about the same , on the higher end of the overall raid dps but still somewhere closer to the middle than the top. We are definitely stronger in single target fights based around the talent choices we take now, aka MB and PI being top dog.

What I didnt like was feeling like tissue paper in every encounter. Any raid aoe mechanic was a near death experience every time. Even with Fade popped for 10% reduction and a self-PWS.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Anyone know?
    My 588 shadow is little bit above my guilds hunters... I don't even anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    My 588 shadow is little bit above my guilds hunters... I don't even anymore.
    Out of curiosity... if you play with the dummy at sanctuary, the mop ones, how much dps you get? Without using halo and mindbender, just tof/insanity.
    Thank you!!

Notable hotfixes for bugs:

-Glyph of Shadow Word: Death no longer has a different (larger) SP coefficient.
    -Insanity is now correctly tied to the Shadow Word: Insanity buff and not to Devouring Plague being on a target.

Bugs still in the wild:

-Devouring Plague multistrikes causing Devouring Plague to reset its duration to the unhasted value (~6sec), causing extra hasted ticks like we saw in MoP.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

I'm kind of confused on what glyphs/talents we're supposed to use. Is Twist of Fate still good? Also what about mindbender vs. insanity? Seems like people are still using insanity?

Update on DP Multistrikes: They're adding more ticks, but it is just taking the damage / healing and spreading it out over more ticks than it should be. You don't gain any free damage/healing anymore.

You do, however, get extra chances at SoD procs.
    Last edited by Twintop; 2014-10-15 at 11:45 PM.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Deleted
    I have to say im very satisfied with shadow/my performance today. Especially on multi target fights we are looking very good, single target is better now but could still be buffed imo. Played with ToF and SoD most of the times and liked it alot. I feel bad for hunters tho:/

10+ Year Old Account
    I was running MB/PI for some fights and doing damage comparable (in meter positioning) with where I was in the past, perhaps a little lower. I used ToF on a few other fights, but my feeling was that without being able to game dots with it, the value drops a bit.

I'll mess around with some different talents tonight.

Mages seem exceptionally strong and I didn't have any locks in the group to compare to.