Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephster View Post
    Questioning this. Was under the impression that this damage was unavoidable.
    This shows Blood Ritual targets. It targetted me twice.

This shows the damage taken from Ogiexie (the shaman taking 5 Blood Rituals)

This shows my damage taken, 0 damage from Blood Ritual.

Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    This shows Blood Ritual targets. It targetted me twice.

This shows the damage taken from Ogiexie (the shaman taking 5 Blood Rituals)

This shows my damage taken, 0 damage from Blood Ritual.
    Interesting, thanks for this. But it looks like the tank still takes damage? So you're dropping your damage, but you still have to move into position before you SG?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't move at all, and tanks weren't between me and Marak. So that i cannot explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephster View Post
    Interesting, thanks for this. But it looks like the tank still takes damage? So you're dropping your damage, but you still have to move into position before you SG?
    They took damage from the others' rituals? You can specifically see at 3:24 when it faded from the priest, there's also a drop in the damage the tank took from it.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-03-06 at 05:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Spectral Guise does prevent blood ritual from going off, but the squiggly line stays and your raid members will all refuse to believe you when you say it's not firing if your raid is anything like mine. I took to still guising it away to prevent damage, but moving to the right position anyway, since people were freaking out about it. This guide has the mechanics for blood ritual correct.
    Last edited by bicycle; 2015-03-06 at 05:51 PM.

On mythic you wouldn't want to do that anyways since it will just target someone else on the next blood ritual.
    Last edited by supersnap; 2015-03-09 at 11:14 AM.

I'd hate to be targetted by penetrating shot and have SG on cooldown from using it for blood ritual.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    With 4 piece bonus, should I hang on to DP a little longer to maintain stacks? Or is it more important to make sure you don't stay capped on orbs if that's the case?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    With 4 piece bonus, should I hang on to DP a little longer to maintain stacks? Or is it more important to make sure you don't stay capped on orbs if that's the case?
    Obviously keeping stacks up is ideal, but losing an orb is unacceptable - think of it this way - everytime you lose an Orb, you lose 1/3rd of a DP, and elongate the time until your next DP by whatever your Orb generational interval is (MB cooldown for CoP, or AS Crit rate+MB cooldown for AS, or either of those + Death cooldown during execute phase) - which means you are more likely to drop 4-piece stacks in the future.

I actually have /stopcasting macro'd into my Mind Blast and Death keys for many fights this tier - that should give you some idea of how critical it is to keep on top of your Orb generators.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    I'd hate to be targetted by penetrating shot and have SG on cooldown from using it for blood ritual.
    ^ If you aren't at risk of getting headshot, I guess it's good - but if there is even a slight risk of a headshot I'd save it and eat the blood ritual - it doesnt hurt too much anyways.

I don't know how you all deal with lines, but in the final phase we often just start ordering headshot people to run out and die heroically rather than increasing the already high raid damage (then again our raid comp has 3 hunters and 3 priests).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

So can anyone confirm the spectral guise thing on rapid fire? I tried to do it on my alt shadow priest before the cast happens and after she starts firing, and both times rapid fire just starts traveling in a random direction away from me.

How exactly do I get it to stay in one spot if possible?

Also does anyone have advice for SoD and AS on a fight like Iron Maidens? When I'm bombarded with SoD procs, should I be burning them asap instead of refreshing VT or something? What would the priority be like here?
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2015-03-10 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    So can anyone confirm the spectral guise thing on rapid fire? I tried to do it on my alt shadow priest before the cast happens and after she starts firing, and both times rapid fire just starts traveling in a random direction away from me.

How exactly do I get it to stay in one spot if possible?
    Rapid Fire is so easy to avoid when it targets you that I wouldn't waste SG on it. Save it for damage that would otherwise be unavoidable like penetrating shot or ritual.

Also does anyone have advice for SoD and AS on a fight like Iron Maidens? When I'm bombarded with SoD procs, should I be burning them asap instead of refreshing VT or something? What would the priority be like here?
    For Maidens the priority should be: burn orbs > keep dots up > mind blast on cooldown > SoD procs > everything else. For this reason I think SoD is a poor choice and you should go with Mindbender, as you will rarely have the GCDs available to burn your SoD procs and you'll probably waste them or end up wasting orbs which is super bad.

Deleted
    Does anyone use class timer to track insanity buff duration? Because it's not in the normal buff section for priests, and adding it to extras makes the addon track not only the buff, but the debuff on the target as well (since the spell is also called insanity), and I don't want to track the debuff

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Does anyone use class timer to track insanity buff duration? Because it's not in the normal buff section for priests, and adding it to extras makes the addon track not only the buff, but the debuff on the target as well (since the spell is also called insanity), and I don't want to track the debuff
    I'm using SPTimers to track it, and it differentiates between the different versions (probably via spell ID). You may want to check that addon out, it's been made by Shadow Priests for Shadow Priests and it's very good and highly configurable.

Anyone know how this russian spriest managed 258 casts of searing insanity on beastlord?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=25
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Anyone know how this russian spriest managed 258 casts of searing insanity on beastlord?

Something is clearly awry with whatever happened there. Either a bug or an exploit. 36% uptime on insanity shouldn't result in it being 62% of your damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I actually have /stopcasting macro'd into my Mind Blast and Death keys for many fights this tier - that should give you some idea of how critical it is to keep on top of your Orb generators.
    Stopcasting macros don't work well with spell queueing and AHK. I can recommend a separate stopcasting/cancel macro.

With all the respect in the world to our Eastern friends, but take Russian logs with a grain of salt. They have a history of very... weird things going on. IIRC there were even cases of people manually editing logs to just pump in extra damage and gain epeen rankings.

Check the replay.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...13&view=replay
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    With all the respect in the world to our Eastern friends, but take Russian logs with a grain of salt. They have a history of very... weird things going on. IIRC there were even cases of people manually editing logs to just pump in extra damage and gain epeen rankings.
    yeah... 30K more than the next highest spriest on that fight, and it just so happens that his guild buddy monk also ranked #1 in that same attempt with equally ridiculous numbers. Pretty sure that's not legit.

Deleted
    what talents for shadow priest? 0set and 4set difference..